I met President Bush Sunday!

He is supposed to be very good with the smoozing.

He is a failure at anything leadership wise that counts.:eusa_doh:

Remember he looked into Putin's soul and saw a man he could trust.:cuckoo:

Have you ever met someone who you thought was 'down to earth' or whatever and on getting to know them, you run the other way. Bush landing on the aircraft carrier after draft dodging didn't strike me as someone who is down to earth.

Did he make you feel as though you wanted to have a beer with him?
What a guy!
And you fell for it.
Which is why we're in the mess we're in. Too many fell for the 'down to earth' facade.

He is a failure at anything leadership wise that counts.:eusa_doh:

Remember he looked into Putin's soul and saw a man he could trust.:cuckoo:

I have to say I am quite surprised and for some reason expect more from a Marine LtCol than parrotting bullshit. Your emotional rhetoric is not factually accurate.

Did he make you feel as though you wanted to have a beer with him?
What a guy!
And you fell for it.
Which is why we're in the mess we're in. Too many fell for the 'down to earth' facade.

So, someone can't be a down to Earth person AND disagree with your politics?

What am I asking? That appears to be a rheotrical question for many ....

How is is stating fact "parrotting"?

He's not wrong, GL.

Bullshit. He's wrong. Just as anyone who believes the same thing is wrong.

I can only kinda stare in bewliderment at some of the same voices that used to bitch and moan and sya what a bad place this board was when conservatives said the same crap; yet, never fail to dogpile given the opportunity.

I can only kinda stare in bewliderment at some of the same voices that used to bitch and moan and sya what a bad place this board was when conservatives said the same crap; yet, never fail to dogpile given the opportunity.

First, Bush is still president. Has been for over 7 years. We've had time to judge him. That isn't "bitching and moaning". Someone can appear to be a good guy to have a beer with and still be bad at his job. Do I think if I met him, he'd appear to be a terrible person? No. I think he'd be quite affable. But it's fair to comment on the job he's done.

As for the dogpiling... there are plenty of people here on both sides of this issue (and most others)... after all, it's not like we're judging Bush's personal morality in terms of his marriage, right?:eusa_whistle:

yea, the difference being that MODS are not out actively banning the righties for "indescretions" such as being a particular political persuasion. It wasn't that the right wing infested this forum, dude. It was that the mods were obviously pruning this little shrub according to party line.

yea, the difference being that MODS are not out actively banning the righties for "indescretions" such as being a particular political persuasion. It wasn't that the right wing infested this forum, dude. It was that the mods were obviously pruning this little shrub according to party line.

LOL....you mean like DU? Liberal boards are soooo much more tolerant...right?

Please tell me what is wrong about that statement. He is noted for being able to talk to people one on one and make a good impression. That is not a fukking criticism, Gunny. That is a statement made to add some insight about the poster meeting him and being favorably impressed.

He is a failure at anything leadership wise that counts.

No parrotting here at all. This is what I believe when I compare him to those I have met and served with who WERE LEADERS. I don't see that in him. Sorry if we disagree.

Remember he looked into Putin's soul and saw a man he could trust.

Again, what is wrong factually with this statement? He said it. Shit, here we have someone looking into the eyes of the former head of the KGB and he says he trusts him. Sorry, but that is not my idea of a man I want leading US.

I have to say I am quite surprised and for some reason expect more from a Marine LtCol than parrotting bullshit. Your emotional rhetoric is not factually accurate.

What was factually innacurate? My opinion of his leadership is my opinion whether you agree or not. I have worked for folks like him. I would not put my butt on the line for them without ensuring I had a lot of back up. I wouldn't trust him to be willing to put his butt on the line to take care of me or my troops.

Do I get emotional about him? You bet your ass. I am tired of our military dying for a lie. To protect US from threats that never existed.

Go back and read General Butler's War Is A Racket. or do you expect more from a Marine General saying too many of our wars are all about money?

I would still put on my uniform and fight for our country in a war that was necessary to defend US. But not for this crap in Iraq.

PS I have no problem with this forum. I just will write what I believe. I think that is beneficial to exchange ideas with people who think differently than you. It's called growth.

Please tell me what is wrong about that statement. He is noted for being able to talk to people one on one and make a good impression. That is not a fukking criticism, Gunny. That is a statement made to add some insight about the poster meeting him and being favorably impressed.

He is a failure at anything leadership wise that counts.

No parrotting here at all. This is what I believe when I compare him to those I have met and served with who WERE LEADERS. I don't see that in him. Sorry if we disagree.

Remember he looked into Putin's soul and saw a man he could trust.

Again, what is wrong factually with this statement? He said it. Shit, here we have someone looking into the eyes of the former head of the KGB and he says he trusts him. Sorry, but that is not my idea of a man I want leading US.

What was factually innacurate? My opinion of his leadership is my opinion whether you agree or not. I have worked for folks like him. I would not put my butt on the line for them without ensuring I had a lot of back up. I wouldn't trust him to be willing to put his butt on the line to take care of me or my troops.

Do I get emotional about him? You bet your ass. I am tired of our military dying for a lie. To protect US from threats that never existed.

Go back and read General Butler's War Is A Racket. or do you expect more from a Marine General saying too many of our wars are all about money?

I would still put on my uniform and fight for our country in a war that was necessary to defend US. But not for this crap in Iraq.

PS I have no problem with this forum. I just will write what I believe. I think that is beneficial to exchange ideas with people who think differently than you. It's called growth.

I also like the fact there are other Marines and military on line.

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue.

"I was able to get a sense of his soul.

"He's a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country and I appreciate very much the frank dialogue and that's the beginning of a very constructive relationship," Mr Bush said.

This is a direct quote from Bush on Putin.
Where's the misinformation here?

This is a direct quote from Bush on Putin.
Where's the misinformation here?

I guess it all depends on your interpretation of trustworthy. Putin is certainly trustworthy in the sense that he will do what is best for HIS country's interests. If you interpret "trustworthy" tomean he will do what is best for anything else, then I guess the implied scorn of Bush is correct. However, to add some context (which is rather dismaying to some) Bush also said:

"He's a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country and I appreciate very much the frank dialogue and that's the beginning of a very constructive relationship,"

The bolding is mine.

LOL....you mean like DU? Liberal boards are soooo much more tolerant...right?

insomuch that this forum doesn't start banning people for disagreeing with mods of any political persuasion.. I can't speak for DU since I've never been a user there. Perhaps you were thinking of the Free Republic?

Trust me, I can handle your posts without a mod to ban you while it is a fact that this forum used to be ruled by conservatives using conservative mods to ban liberals. As it is, I don't need mod support to debate politics with the likes of your political persuasion.

insomuch that this forum doesn't start banning people for disagreeing with mods of any political persuasion.. I can't speak for DU since I've never been a user there. Perhaps you were thinking of the Free Republic?

Trust me, I can handle your posts without a mod to ban you while it is a fact that this forum used to be ruled by conservatives using conservative mods to ban liberals. As it is, I don't need mod support to debate politics with the likes of your political persuasion.

"..the likes of your political persuasion"....made me laugh. You forgot to add *spits*

Sounds like you would LOVE to ban those of my political persuasion and not from just this message board!

I bet you are all about re-uniting the country too.

Thanks for the humor!

what you think my posts "sounds like" is probably about as profound as your opinion of waterboarding.

In case you missed it, I had every chance to kick conservatives out of the forum while I was a mod... yet the FACT is that I was more laissez-faire than any period of a conservative dominated USMB. I didn't ban a single person with whom I disagreed. Can your political persuasion say that? Indeed, unity is a two way street. You probably missed that sign while looking for a liberal generalization to reply with.

Is if my fault that you are flinching?

Forum List

Back