I Made The Crime Blotter In Our Local Newspaper!

all that over a toothbrush? really?

That's what came to mind. Here in Oregon they will not even take the person in if it's worth less than $100.

$40,000 bail for a toothbrush? WTF. There has to be more to this than just this toothbrush. If not... WTF. Is it a gold plated toothbrush.

Someone takes their job waaaaay too seriously.

Wasting the court's time, putting a man in jail, and coming here to brag about it.

Over a toothbrush! A poor guy tried to steal a personal hygiene item worth a couple of dollars. Could a crime conceivably be more petty, harmless, and minor?

I get that he then had to be subdued and that makes the crime worse, but all things in perspective, he had to be subdued because you were trying to arrest him over stealing a friggin' toothbrush. I think most people who can't afford a toothbrush know they also can't afford bail money or a lawyer or to be in jail and miss work, so they would try to get out of being arrested over something so ludicrous.

Thank God that criminal is off our streets, huh?

Side note: Props to all the very funny puns and jokes about this, the "plaque" line in particular was gold.

all this over a 3 buck toothbrush.....and you feel the hero...not the fool? did it ever occur to you just to give the dude 3 bucks...i mean what the hell...he was not ripping off a 40

Side note: Props to all the very funny puns and jokes about this, the "plaque" line in particular was gold.

Thanks, but I disagree with much of the rest of your post. I know it was just a toothbrush, but does that make it OK to just steal it? Not in my book.

Theft is theft. Where do you draw the line otherwise?

:eusa_dance::woohoo::eusa_dance:[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYpBoYa4pno&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYpBoYa4pno&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]:eusa_dance::woohoo::eusa_dance:

Thanks, but I disagree with much of the rest of your post. I know it was just a toothbrush, but does that make it OK to just steal it? Not in my book.

$40,000 bail for a toothbrush? You don't think that's a bit much?

As I said in an earlier post, I suspect the $40k bail is for assault, which MAY be reasonable.

Clearly if it was just stealing a toothbrush any kind of bail would be ridiculous.

all this over a 3 buck toothbrush.....and you feel the hero...not the fool? did it ever occur to you just to give the dude 3 bucks...i mean what the hell...he was not ripping off a 40

Actually it was one of those electric toothbrushes. If it was one of the small regular ones I wouldn't have even stopped it. My plan was just to get the merchandise back and let him go. From the moment they put their hands on me that is no longer an option.

I never said I feel like a hero, it was just something interesting to post.

I don't control what people steal. To me theft is theft. The only time I will look the other way is if it is obviously a homeless person and they are staling a small food item like bread or something of that nature, or if it's a kid stealing candy or sodas.

What clerk in his right mind would fight with someone over a toothbrush?

They must be paying them a lot more than they used to....

I would have just paid for it myself. Anyone who's desperate enough to steal a toothbrush can have $3 of my paycheck.

I don't think it's a bit much at all. It wasn't for a toothbrush, it was for a charge of Robbery, like the paper said. They also weigh in the persons past criminal history and the fact that he just got out of prison two days earlier. I didn't what he was in for, but a search on the newspapers website resulted finding that he was in prison for drug trafficking, and gang crimes.

Theft is theft. Most of the time when you refer to the Police or Sheriff's Department for theft, they take the person to jail.

The clerk didn't fight him, I did. That is what im paid to do.

Uh huh. Which is why only the clerks were mentioned... You'd think taking on a "loss prevention authority" would have made more news than a "clerk".

Why do you post this crap? Those of us that know you know you're full of shit, and those that don't know you don't *seem* to care, or think you're hilarious as evidenced by the replies to this thread.

Banned? Or is it just that dead over there?

Carson City Nevada
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Hector Tinajero-Ramirez, 24, a laborer from Carson City, was arrested at 3:18 p.m. Sunday in the 4300 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony robbery. He allegedly tried to steal a toothbrush from a grocery store, then fought with clerks when they stopped him. Bail was set at $40,000.

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/...riffs' log

I should say an arrest of mine did! Hehehehehe. Although im not a clerk, im a Loss Prevention Agent, and this guy put up one hell of a fight, he kept trying to buck and fight even after I had him in handcuffs. I had to damn near choke him out just to get him in cuffs.

I actually just got the Subpoena yesterday and have to be in court tuesday because of this punk.

I made the crime blotter too once a few years ago. The story was ALL WRONG. The headline said, "man attacked with baseball bat".

My new neighbor was drunk, ALWAYS, and he invited me over. I went over for a half hour, chatted, and then left. One of his buddies was with him. Something didn't seem right. I felt threatened. He kept telling me how tough he was, so I left.

About 10 minutes later he comes over with his friend and a baseball bat!!! He says, "give me the money and we'll forget this ever happened", I didn't know what he was talking about, so I told him so and went to close the door, but he stuck the bat in the door. I finally got the door closed and called the police, but he wouldn't come to the door, so the police left.

Long story short, later that night, someone beat the hell out of him. I don't know who did it, but the police thought it was me. He wasn't sure who did it because he was passed out when the person who assaulted him came in to his home and beat him up.

But the story in the paper was filled with inaccuracies.

I made the crime blotter too once a few years ago. The story was ALL WRONG. The headline said, "man attacked with baseball bat".

My new neighbor was drunk, ALWAYS, and he invited me over. I went over for a half hour, chatted, and then left. One of his buddies was with him. Something didn't seem right. I felt threatened. He kept telling me how tough he was, so I left.

About 10 minutes later he comes over with his friend and a baseball bat!!! He says, "give me the money and we'll forget this ever happened", I didn't know what he was talking about, so I told him so and went to close the door, but he stuck the bat in the door. I finally got the door closed and called the police, but he wouldn't come to the door, so the police left.

Long story short, later that night, someone beat the hell out of him. I don't know who did it, but the police thought it was me. He wasn't sure who did it because he was passed out when the person who assaulted him came in to his home and beat him up.

But the story in the paper was filled with inaccuracies.

They usually get things wrong in the crime blotter, since they go by the call dispatch recieved and this dispatcher barely ever gets the wole story, obviously.

Forum List

Back