I Made The Crime Blotter In Our Local Newspaper!

His ears must have been ringing.. The hero of the day's back...

the guy was stealing a toothbrush... 40K bail for a toothbrush theft :lol:

Actually the charge is Robbery.

This is how it works in Nevada.........

Any theft under $250.00 is Petty Larceny. Misdemeanor.
Any theft over $250.00 is Grand Larceny. Felony.
If they are under 21 and stealing Liquor, Minor in Possession is added to the charges. Misdemeanor.
If I can get them to admit, or if I can prove that they came in with the intent to steal, then it’s Burglary. Felony. Most of my stops turn out this way. Also if they have any tools, a backpack, shopping bag or other things like that they can be charged with possession of Burglary tools. Misdemeanor.
If they lie to me in any way, like their identity or personal information, or if they refuse to cooperate it is Obstructing an Investigation. Misdemeanor.
If they try to flee it is an escape charge. Misdemeanor.
If they put their hands on me or another employee after we initiate the stop it becomes Robbery (that’s what happened in this case). It is a very serious Felony. It can carry up to 25 depending on how it’s charged and the person’s criminal background. Also if they have a weapon on them or threaten with a weapon it’s another Felony.
Another charge we use quite often is Trespassing. Misdemeanor. Since we usually get the same person more then just one time. When we stop them they are trespassed so if they come in the store again they we get them for that.
They can also charge someone with multiple charges. So if a guy comes in and steals a bottle and fights the agents he can be charged with Robbery, Burglary, Petty Larceny and whatever else all for the same thing.

Actually the charge is Robbery.

This is how it works in Nevada.........

Any theft under $250.00 is Petty Larceny. Misdemeanor.
Any theft over $250.00 is Grand Larceny. Felony.
If they are under 21 and stealing Liquor, Minor in Possession is added to the charges. Misdemeanor.
If I can get them to admit, or if I can prove that they came in with the intent to steal, then it’s Burglary. Felony. Most of my stops turn out this way. Also if they have any tools, a backpack, shopping bag or other things like that they can be charged with possession of Burglary tools. Misdemeanor.
If they lie to me in any way, like their identity or personal information, or if they refuse to cooperate it is Obstructing an Investigation. Misdemeanor.
If they try to flee it is an escape charge. Misdemeanor.
If they put their hands on me or another employee after we initiate the stop it becomes Robbery (that’s what happened in this case). It is a very serious Felony. It can carry up to 25 depending on how it’s charged and the person’s criminal background. Also if they have a weapon on them or threaten with a weapon it’s another Felony.
Another charge we use quite often is Trespassing. Misdemeanor. Since we usually get the same person more then just one time. When we stop them they are trespassed so if they come in the store again they we get them for that.
They can also charge someone with multiple charges. So if a guy comes in and steals a bottle and fights the agents he can be charged with Robbery, Burglary, Petty Larceny and whatever else all for the same thing.

So your crime rate is going down, right?

That guy could have easily scraped that toothbrush down to a shank, and then all bets would be off.

Good job Nevada!

Rent-a-cops 1, toothbrush gaffler 0

Forum List

Back