I’m happy the Facebook kid is a billionaire but …….

tenthertoo

...worst of all I'm DULL
Dec 30, 2011
Deep South
… I’d be happier if he had made it doing something useful like delivering packages or pizzas, or peaches or producing something like appliances or cars or (gasp) cheap oil. But no, he did it by producing – - what?

Talk about return on investment, a few hours in his dorm room writing code and buying a few gigs of space on a server produced billions. A success story that would be unbelievable if someone wrote a screen play portraying it.

You can download any number of Facebook clones and host it for a dollar a month. But you’ll just be joining thousands who have done so and regretted committing to the remaining 7 or 8 months left on their 12 month commitment.

AHA! that’s the key to this phenom. He devised the plan that has millions addicted to his (actually useless) service. That’s his genius. That’s why he deserves his billions.

Congrats Zuckerwhatever you’re an inspiration.

I wouldn't call it useless. I live hundreds of miles away from my parents and sibling, and Facebook is a way for lazy people like me to keep in touch with them, share pictures, that sort of thing.

Anyway, Zuckerberg didn't come up with social networking, he just made it better.

Facebook plays a key roll in global events, revolutions & elections. News Corp is worth billions & that is all it does to.

Talk about return on investment, a few hours in his dorm room writing code and buying a few gigs of space on a server produced billions. A success story that would be unbelievable if someone wrote a screen play portraying it.

It was. Alot of great programmers and great engineers were required to make that success story happen. The movie marginalized their contribution. It relegated them to the same level of importance as the gardener.

He deserves his money because Facebook combines everything people want in one site. However I am not a fan of him making billions off of our information.

He deserves his money because Facebook combines everything people want in one site. However I am not a fan of him making billions off of our information.

People willingly choose to join Facebook, however. Nobody forces them to give their information.

The thing about some of the conveniences you mention is someone already got rich on them.

Forum List

Back