I love the way my health insurance is set up

[QUinTE="fbj, post: 15427037, member: 49957"]I submit the claims I get from the doctor saying what I owe and then send them to my health insurance company. I have two options

1. Pay the provider myself and receive the money in my checking account by direct deposit

2. Tell the insurance company to pay the provider

When I pay myself I get to decided when I am going to pay my doctor and live off the money for a few weeks., For example, I submitted a claim for $1500.00 to pay the hospital for lab work and I received the money yesterday. So instead of paying them now I will pay them on 10/15 because i rather use a little of the money for food and eating out since I just paid my rent.

So I MAKE THE DECISIONS when they get paid. LIFE IS GOOD LOL
So in effect your next paycheck just got smaller. Money management is not your strong suit.

Not it didn't mongo, I am still going to NYC next check because the other medical bill won't be paid until 10/28

HOLLA lol
You missed the point. Not surprising because you've mastered the art of maxing out credit cards and don't have a clue how that could possibly happen.

Let's recap even though I know it's a waste of my time. Your have a $1500 medical bill and the insurance company sent you a check for $1500 so you can pay it.

In your case the smart thing to do would be to pay the bill immediately because you're not very bright when it comes to money management. Instead, you look at the $1500 they sent you as sort of "extra" money, totally forgetting it's to pay a doctor/medical bill. So rather than pay now you elect to pay it later, but meanwhile while that money's just sitting around doing nothing you've stated it's fair game for dipping into for things such as dining out and whatnot.

But the $1500 bill is still hanging out there so when you get your next paycheck it is effectively reduced by whatever your "dipping" totaled. Let's say you only dipped for $200. That would mean you've still got the remaining $1300 from the insurance
company to pay the bill but you'd have to take $200 from the current paycheck to make up the difference, thus your paycheck is effectively $200 less than normal.

Until you figure out how to manage your money your future will continue to be one of maxed out credit cards and heat, cable, and other shutoffs because you don't have enough cash to pay your bills.

Funny how that works, huh?

you sound mad[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the way Trump runs his businesses.or,as he calls It, OPM.

[QUinTE="fbj, post: 15427037, member: 49957"]I submit the claims I get from the doctor saying what I owe and then send them to my health insurance company. I have two options

1. Pay the provider myself and receive the money in my checking account by direct deposit

2. Tell the insurance company to pay the provider

When I pay myself I get to decided when I am going to pay my doctor and live off the money for a few weeks., For example, I submitted a claim for $1500.00 to pay the hospital for lab work and I received the money yesterday. So instead of paying them now I will pay them on 10/15 because i rather use a little of the money for food and eating out since I just paid my rent.

So I MAKE THE DECISIONS when they get paid. LIFE IS GOOD LOL
So in effect your next paycheck just got smaller. Money management is not your strong suit.

Not it didn't mongo, I am still going to NYC next check because the other medical bill won't be paid until 10/28

HOLLA lol
You missed the point. Not surprising because you've mastered the art of maxing out credit cards and don't have a clue how that could possibly happen.

Let's recap even though I know it's a waste of my time. Your have a $1500 medical bill and the insurance company sent you a check for $1500 so you can pay it.

In your case the smart thing to do would be to pay the bill immediately because you're not very bright when it comes to money management. Instead, you look at the $1500 they sent you as sort of "extra" money, totally forgetting it's to pay a doctor/medical bill. So rather than pay now you elect to pay it later, but meanwhile while that money's just sitting around doing nothing you've stated it's fair game for dipping into for things such as dining out and whatnot.

But the $1500 bill is still hanging out there so when you get your next paycheck it is effectively reduced by whatever your "dipping" totaled. Let's say you only dipped for $200. That would mean you've still got the remaining $1300 from the insurance
company to pay the bill but you'd have to take $200 from the current paycheck to make up the difference, thus your paycheck is effectively $200 less than normal.

Until you figure out how to manage your money your future will continue to be one of maxed out credit cards and heat, cable, and other shutoffs because you don't have enough cash to pay your bills.

Funny how that works, huh?

you sound mad

Sounds like the way Trump runs his businesses.or,as he calls It, OPM.[/QUOTE]

let me run my shit and you run you shit lol

Quite the contrary. Highly amused at your utter ignorance of money management.

I'm not rushing to send the doctor's office shit. They have billions lol These are the pay dates I decided for the doctor

10/23-one medical payment

11/11-another medical payment

12/9-another medical

1/20/17=FINAL PAYMENT

I'm not rushing to send the doctor's office shit. They have billions lol These are the pay dates I decided for the doctor

12/9-another medical

1/20/17=FINAL PAYMENT
Well until then enjoy the dining out and whatever else you blow part of the $1500 on. Perhaps you can coordinate your next heat shutoff with the coming cooler temps.

12/9-another medical

1/20/17=FINAL PAYMENT
Well until then enjoy the dining out and whatever else you blow part of the $1500 on. Perhaps you can coordinate your next heat shutoff with the coming cooler temps.

My heat is included in the rent mongo

Last edited:

Forum List

Back