I love the way my health insurance is set up

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I submit the claims I get from the doctor saying what I owe and then send them to my health insurance company. I have two options

1. Pay the provider myself and receive the money in my checking account by direct deposit

2. Tell the insurance company to pay the provider

When I pay myself I get to decided when I am going to pay my doctor and live off the money for a few weeks., For example, I submitted a claim for $1500.00 to pay the hospital for lab work and I received the money yesterday. So instead of paying them now I will pay them on 10/15 because i rather use a little of the money for food and eating out since I just paid my rent.

So I MAKE THE DECISIONS when they get paid. LIFE IS GOOD LOL

[QUinTE="fbj, post: 15427037, member: 49957"]I submit the claims I get from the doctor saying what I owe and then send them to my health insurance company. I have two options

1. Pay the provider myself and receive the money in my checking account by direct deposit

When I pay myself I get to decided when I am going to pay my doctor and live off the money for a few weeks., For example, I submitted a claim for $1500.00 to pay the hospital for lab work and I received the money yesterday. So instead of paying them now I will pay them on 10/15 because i rather use a little of the money for food and eating out since I just paid my rent.

So I MAKE THE DECISIONS when they get paid. LIFE IS GOOD LOL[/QUOTE]
So in effect your next paycheck just got smaller. Money management is not your strong suit.

[QUinTE="fbj, post: 15427037, member: 49957"]I submit the claims I get from the doctor saying what I owe and then send them to my health insurance company. I have two options

So in effect your next paycheck just got smaller. Money management is not your strong suit.
Yeah, but the strippers love him..

So in effect your next paycheck just got smaller. Money management is not your strong suit.[/QUOTE]

Not it didn't mongo, I am still going to NYC next check because the other medical bill won't be paid until 10/28

HOLLA lol

Not it didn't mongo, I am still going to NYC next check because the other medical bill won't be paid until 10/28

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?

I may even have a cute young lady come to the house this weekend so I can eat pineapple cheesecake off her ass cheeks

I may even have a cute young lady come to the house this weekend so I can eat pineapple cheesecake off her ass cheeks
Don't forget the nuts..

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?[/QUOTE]

If it's not raining, the tour bus through harlem

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?

My son and I was on Times Square at the W hotel this time last year...

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?

This bus is a 2 hour tour through central, harlem and manhattan. That's why I want to get there by 10am or 11am

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?

This bus is a 2 hour tour through central, harlem and manhattan. That's why I want to get there by 10am or 11am
How far away is NYC from where you live?

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?

90 mins

HOLLA lol
Harlem or the Bronx?

90 mins
Not bad...I'm like 1000 miles..

Harlem or the Bronx?

90 mins
Not bad...I'm like 1000 miles..

We have a rain plan too. Instead of the tour bus when u sit outside on the upper level, we will just go on the tour that's closed in called the RIDE which goes only around manhattan

HOLLA lol[/QUOTE]
You missed the point. Not surprising because you've mastered the art of maxing out credit cards and don't have a clue how that could possibly happen.

Let's recap even though I know it's a waste of my time. Your have a $1500 medical bill and the insurance company sent you a check for $1500 so you can pay it.

In your case the smart thing to do would be to pay the bill immediately because you're not very bright when it comes to money management. Instead, you look at the $1500 they sent you as sort of "extra" money, totally forgetting it's to pay a doctor/medical bill. So rather than pay now you elect to pay it later, but meanwhile while that money's just sitting around doing nothing you've stated it's fair game for dipping into for things such as dining out and whatnot.

But the $1500 bill is still hanging out there so when you get your next paycheck it is effectively reduced by whatever your "dipping" totaled. Let's say you only dipped for $200. That would mean you've still got the remaining $1300 from the insurance
company to pay the bill but you'd have to take $200 from the current paycheck to make up the difference, thus your paycheck is effectively $200 less than normal.

Until you figure out how to manage your money your future will continue to be one of maxed out credit cards and heat, cable, and other shutoffs because you don't have enough cash to pay your bills.

Funny how that works, huh?

HOLLA lol
You missed the point. Not surprising because you've mastered the art of maxing out credit cards and don't have a clue how that could possibly happen.

Let's recap even though I know it's a waste of my time. Your have a $1500 medical bill and the insurance company sent you a check for $1500 so you can pay it.

In your case the smart thing to do would be to pay the bill immediately because you're not very bright when it comes to money management. Instead, you look at the $1500 they sent you as sort of "extra" money, totally forgetting it's to pay a doctor/medical bill. So rather than pay now you elect to pay it later, but meanwhile while that money's just sitting around doing nothing you've stated it's fair game for dipping into for things such as dining out and whatnot.

But the $1500 bill is still hanging out there so when you get your next paycheck it is effectively reduced by whatever your "dipping" totaled. Let's say you only dipped for $200. That would mean you've still got the remaining $1300 from the insurance
company to pay the bill but you'd have to take $200 from the current paycheck to make up the difference, thus your paycheck is effectively $200 less than normal.

Until you figure out how to manage your money your future will continue to be one of maxed out credit cards and heat, cable, and other shutoffs because you don't have enough cash to pay your bills.

Funny how that works, huh?[/QUOTE]

you sound mad

Forum List

Back