I Love Going To Bed Early...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I love going to bed early.

Last night I crawled into bed around 10:30pm. My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend was already sound asleep.

We normally don't go to bed so early. We enjoy live music, and we've got a great music club in town; live music 7 nights a week. We're normally getting home around midnight to 1:00am.

My buddy and I leave for Sturgis today (the ladies are flying up on Friday), so my mind's been racing, wondering if we've got everything we need, etc. I know we do (I'm the king of lists). All that's left is the driving.

But, yeah, going to bed at 10:30pm is great. But, and I attribute this to 20 years in the Navy, five or six hours sleep is all I need, and getting up at 4:15 in the morning sucks...

As I get older I like going to bed early and getting up early. We usually wake up around 4am.

I like the peace & quiet of the world this time of day.

I'm just not used to it.

I brewed a cup of coffee, but that's long gone and I'm starting to eyeball the bed again. We don't leave for Sturgis until 3pm, so I've got some nappy-time available...

I'm just not used to it.

I brewed a cup of coffee, but that's long gone and I'm starting to eyeball the bed again. We don't leave for Sturgis until 3pm, so I've got some nappy-time available...

A single cup of coffee?

Yeah, the plus about waking up at 4am is that it automatically means you get nappy-time.

As I get older I like going to bed early and getting up early. We usually wake up around 4am.

I like the peace & quiet of the world this time of day.

It took me over five years to get to the point where I could sleep in.
After waking up at 4:30 all those years It was ingrained. Now days I go to bed whenever I feel like it and get out of bed the same way.
Of course a lot of it is due to the morphine they have me on,this is the first time since I was 20 something that back pain doesnt get me out of bed.
Sometimes I'll wake up and just lay there and read for a couple of hours.

It took me over five years to get to the point where I could sleep in.
After waking up at 4:30 all those years It was ingrained. Now days I go to bed whenever I feel like it and get out of bed the same way.
Of course a lot of it is due to the morphine they have me on,this is the first time since I was 20 something that back pain doesnt get me out of bed.
Sometimes I'll wake up and just lay there and read for a couple of hours.

Glad you got some relief from the back pain.

Coffee is my daily drink. I have a pot a day, or therebouts.

I learned to love my coffee in the Navy too.

Over the last few years I started drinking iced coffee in the summer.
I poor me a glass of vanilla protein drink and top it off with a very strong cold brew.
I get my protein and my coffee buzz at the same time.
Never had a Charbucks Vanilla coffee but my Wifes friend swears they're just as good.

Last night I crawled into bed around 10:30pm. My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend was already sound asleep.

We normally don't go to bed so early. We enjoy live music, and we've got a great music club in town; live music 7 nights a week. We're normally getting home around midnight to 1:00am.

My buddy and I leave for Sturgis today (the ladies are flying up on Friday), so my mind's been racing, wondering if we've got everything we need, etc. I know we do (I'm the king of lists). All that's left is the driving.

But, yeah, going to bed at 10:30pm is great. But, and I attribute this to 20 years in the Navy, five or six hours sleep is all I need, and getting up at 4:15 in the morning sucks...

My sleep schedule is utterly wrecked by stress and the mid life fun. It's unmentionable really

Old man. Okay, I'm not gonna say the next thing that comes to mind.

Last edited:
I like going to bed early too! :biggrin:

reading my books paper books,....and online and things....

love going to bed early for sure!

then turn everything off and turn off the light and go to sleep! Love that!

Get a kindle and get amazons 12 dollar a month book share thing.

Forum List

Back