I Long for the Society of Old

We laughed at the racism of Archie Bunker, the sexism of WKRP, the racism and sexism of Blazing Saddles, a Confederate flag in the Dukes of Hazard, a drunk Otis stumbling into the Mayberry jail, Don Rickles mocking everyone on shows, Nazis being mocked in Hogan’s Heroes, the sexism and drinking of MASH.

The Left have killed comedy. The world they created is just controlled by anger and hate.
Jim Cornette, a wrestling announcer got fired for a joke. This PC culture is fucking stupid.

We laughed at the racism of Archie Bunker, the sexism of WKRP, the racism and sexism of Blazing Saddles, a Confederate flag in the Dukes of Hazard, a drunk Otis stumbling into the Mayberry jail, Don Rickles mocking everyone on shows, Nazis being mocked in Hogan’s Heroes, the sexism and drinking of MASH.

The Left have killed comedy. The world they created is just controlled by anger and hate.
Let's face it. The Left has absolutely NO sense of humor. Pitiful.

seems the only humor they have is mean humor, something with hate bubbling just below the surface
Exactly. "Humor" that is fueled by extreme hatred is NOT humor.
So now you get to define humor.

"The Left" have nothing to do with "comedy".

Unfortunately neither does your OP. Don't quit the day job. You know, the one where you get paid to whine about a Congresscritter from three thousand miles away.
Yeah, sure.
Everything in society is PC BS now.

And that's somehow related to "the left" --------------------------------------------------------------- how?

seems the only humor they have is mean humor, something with hate bubbling just below the surface
Well, the "humor" from the Left is not the least bit funny these days. Try again, Sparky.

Unfortunately neither does your OP. Don't quit the day job. You know, the one where you get paid to whine about a Congresscritter from three thousand miles away.

Pogo, you're about as funny as hemorrhoids.

Have you really taken the time to look closely at hemorrhoids though?

It's hilarious. Two Rs followed by an H? This is classic bloody good stuff. It's like diarrhea, only longer.

Last edited:

Well, the "humor" from the Left is not the least bit funny these days. Try again, Sparky.
The Left has killed humor.

It's hilarious. Two Rs followed by an H? This is classic bloody good stuff.
Pigo, you’re losing it man. Take your meds.

So you actually DO see my point about Leftist "humor". Thank you.

And they used to have Christmas specials... instead of 'holiday specials'.....

Yep, Pogo the Clown is a prime example of a humor-less lunatic liberal.

Yep, Pogo the Clown is a prime example of a humor-less lunatic liberal.

upload_2019-11-21_22-4-57.png

So you actually DO see my point about Leftist "humor". Thank you.
Yes, it doesn’t exist because everything offends those pussies.

Weird. I watch Archie Bunker shows once a week or so. They are literally aired every day.

You can watch whatever you want whenever you want.

What the fuck are you losers whining about? Your desire to be victims is clouding your judgement.

Let me give you my theory on PC once again.

Today's young people ( 40 and under ) grew up in a world where their parents ( us ) treat other people like shit. They have, rightfully, chosen to care more about how words impact others. It's a simple rejection of the mean spirited culture that we have created for them. Nothing more.

That's why it's funny to see nasty RW nutbags in this thread whining about modern humor being borne of hate and anger. The lack of self awareness is stunning.

Additionally, young people today know that they can get access to anything they want to watch. They don't rely on the networks to make that decision for them.

We live in a golden age of television broadcasting -- 'Game of Thrones', 'Walking Dead', 'Mad Men', 'Boardwalk Empire', 'Black Mirror', and a lot more.

I would never want to go back to the canned laugh track, formulaic, catch-phrase pablum of the 60's to 80's.

I agree, and we really need to bring back legal dueling.

People are more respectful if they think they might get the bejeebus knocked out of them. We would NOT have to put up with Antifa Nazis.

We live in a golden age of television broadcasting -- 'Game of Thrones', 'Walking Dead', 'Mad Men', 'Boardwalk Empire', 'Black Mirror', and a lot more.

I would never want to go back to the canned laugh track, formulaic, catch-phrase pablum of the 60's to 80's.
I used to watch Walking Dead, but got tired of its predictability and morbid attempts to maintain viewer interest.

Game of Thrones I watched all the way through because the characters showed development and growth, and the situation had complexity.

The rest I could do without, but thats just me. I prefer computer war games.

Forum List

Back