I Long for the Society of Old

We laughed at the racism of Archie Bunker, the sexism of WKRP, the racism and sexism of Blazing Saddles, a Confederate flag in the Dukes of Hazard, a drunk Otis stumbling into the Mayberry jail, Don Rickles mocking everyone on shows, Nazis being mocked in Hogan’s Heroes, the sexism and drinking of MASH.

The Left have killed comedy. The world they created is just controlled by anger and hate.
And therin lies the power. While "they" have managed to weaponize it... Many have decided to duck their heads, and slink from said power. They and their ilk will meet a deserved end...

Besides Archie Bunker and his racism, George Jefferson was down on Puerto Ricans. But neither were hateful racists.

We keep devolving as a society and I’m not sure anything can be done about it
Nothing has changed...

I’m 41 years old and I’ve seen society deteriorate quite a bit during my lifetime. People have become rude, there’s been a decay of morality, and the good people that do exist are less and less pleased with our state of affairs

Nothing has changed...

I’m 41 years old and I’ve seen society deteriorate quite a bit during my lifetime. People have become rude, there’s been a decay of morality, and the good people that do exist are less and less pleased with our state of affairs
Societies have always come and gone. Humanities nature has never wavered....

Nothing has changed...

Societies have always come and gone. Humanities nature has never wavered....

Ok, you want to get philosophical. I believe our nature isn’t static, it’s constantly evolving and devolving. We’re in bad shape right now. There are no heinous acts that come as a surprise. That wasn’t the case during points of my lifetime.

We laughed at the racism of Archie Bunker, the sexism of WKRP, the racism and sexism of Blazing Saddles, a Confederate flag in the Dukes of Hazard, a drunk Otis stumbling into the Mayberry jail, Don Rickles mocking everyone on shows, Nazis being mocked in Hogan’s Heroes, the sexism and drinking of MASH.

The Left have killed comedy. The world they created is just controlled by anger and hate.

dont forget F troop... that would never be allowed today

Fun is not permissible anymore

I would correct that statement...if I may....yes?

TRUTH is not permissible anymore

which is a shame....but I don't care because I am and will always be truthful :2up:
I like to laugh about those old sitcoms. They were good and I miss Andy Griffith...but I enjoy parodies as well today. I always thought Bailey was the best looking gal on WKRP.

Let's face it. The Left has absolutely NO sense of humor. Pitiful.

seems the only humor they have is mean humor, something with hate bubbling just below the surface

which is a shame....but I don't care because I am and will always be truthful :2up:
I like to laugh about those old sitcoms. They were good and I miss Andy Griffith...but I enjoy parodies as well today. I always thought Bailey was the best looking gal on WKRP.

yeah...well i usually don't laugh....1920s and 30s and 40s and so on....I just like and enjoy....unless is a comedy or something funny!:04:

but that's just me!

Let's face it. The Left has absolutely NO sense of humor. Pitiful.

seems the only humor they have is mean humor, something with hate bubbling just below the surface
Exactly. "Humor" that is fueled by extreme hatred is NOT humor.

"The Left" have nothing to do with "comedy".

Unfortunately neither does your OP. Don't quit the day job. You know, the one where you get paid to whine about a Congresscritter from three thousand miles away.

Pogo, you're about as funny as hemorrhoids.

I would laugh at hemorroids if it was funny.

Clearly, I have a problem with boundries.

yeah...well i usually don't laugh....1920s and 30s and 40s and so on....I just like and enjoy....unless is a comedy or something funny!:04:

but that's just me!
Andy Griffith and Gunsmoke...two best programs ever. Our society today is Marxist shit.

dont forget F troop... that would never be allowed today

Loved F-Troop.

I'd like to disagree but I can't. I think we are witnessing not just devolving but politically correct pussyfication of each new generation.

We’re headed in the wrong direction in so many ways. Political correctness is just part of it. Pussyfication is another big problem. People don’t take responsibility for anything anymore. Everyone is at each other’s throats. Everything is being politicized. There’s a angriness and bitterness that permeates our society. I could go on and on and on.

Forum List

Back