I know! Let's defy the will of the people!

Looks like an episode of Westwing. I have the video paused in just the right place where it looks like he's fixing to do goono a favor.

That’s right! Disregard who the people of your state voted for and vote for Hillary!

Not once did these people ask themselves “what would I do if this happened the other way around?”

Democrats never consider the longer term effects of their actions or what they're demanding. Harry Reid went nuclear and paved the way for the Republicans to do the same thing to ensure Trump gets his SC picks, but will squeal like a stuck pig when they do. Hillary sycophants are demanding that faithless electors violate the will of the voters in their states, but would scream like stuck pigs should the voters ever deny a democrat a vote.

I'll laugh if more electors turn to Trump from hitlary

I'll be surprised if more than a few change at all.

That’s right! Disregard who the people of your state voted for and vote for Hillary!

Not once did these people ask themselves “what would I do if this happened the other way around?”

Oh RELAX wouldja? Jesus. No one is going to steal the election via the Electoral College. Maybe you should start worrying about more important stuff, like what the Orange Groper is going to do now that he's completely pissed off our largest trading partner.

The alt rich cuchs would be demanding just that if the situation was reversed.

Trump will be inaugurated . . . and like all sociopaths will eventually act so that Congress has to dismiss him from office.

Requisite qualifications weren't important to them when Obama was elected.
These assclowns are going to be sad when Trump is inaugurated.

Oh RELAX wouldja? Jesus. No one is going to steal the election via the Electoral College.

Sure seems to me like these people are trying to do just that,
Rather than attack me, why don't you criticize them?

The alt rich cuchs would be demanding just that if the situation was reversed.

Trump will be inaugurated . . . and like all sociopaths will eventually act so that Congress has to dismiss him from office.

We know what they would do by the way they demanded Trump accept the results of the election. Hildabeast is the poster child for hypocrisy

Oh RELAX wouldja? Jesus. No one is going to steal the election via the Electoral College.

You are such a snowflake, shooter.

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

I think we are sort of seeing them out of order. We saw anger in the riots.

With the recounts and investigation into the voting and blaming it on "fake news" and the Russians, we are seeing denial.

This? Well, I'd say this is just. . . Bargaining?

:lmao:

Honey, that's no "attack." Some people aren't worth spending a lot of attention on, like the dreamers who want the Electoral College to pull Hillary out of the bag. It is so similar to the dreamers who wanted the delegates to stop Trump from becoming the candidate at the convention, remember? It fizzled like a wet fuse on a damp firecracker. What is so interesting is that the right wingers are fanning the flames of this dumb conflagration more than the lefties are. If you ignored it, you'd all be better off.

This is what happens when the candidate that loses the election due to the electoral vote and constitutionally required system, and the popular vote. When the losing candidate has more votes that the winner of the election, you can not accurately say the will of the people is being defied. You could say the will of the electoral college is being defied, but that is not the same as saying the people are being defied. In fact, it is more accurate to say the electoral college is defying the will of the people.

" it is more accurate to say the electoral college is defying the will of the people." <<< this

I'll laugh if more electors turn to Trump from hitlary

I'll be surprised if more than a few change at all.

I think that is correct. There will be no change, and I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Consider this, if Hillary HONESTLY thought she still had a shot at the White House, would she be moping around the mansion right now throwing things at Bill or would she be setting up her cabinet?

This is what happens when the candidate that loses the election due to the electoral vote and constitutionally required system, and the popular vote. When the losing candidate has more votes that the winner of the election, you can not accurately say the will of the people is being defied.
Yes, yes you can.
The Presidential election is 50 state-level elections (plus DC) for the selection of electors.
The will of the people is expressed in each of these elections, not the aggregate total.

This is what happens when the candidate that loses the election due to the electoral vote and constitutionally required system, and the popular vote. When the losing candidate has more votes that the winner of the election, you can not accurately say the will of the people is being defied.
Yes, yes you can.
The Presidential election is 50 state-level elections (plus DC) for the selection of electors.
The will of the people is expressed in each of these elections, not the aggregate total.
Of course it is expressed by the aggregate number, you clown. More than eleven million voted against him than for him. He is going to here that every single day of his short presidency.

" it is more accurate to say the electoral college is defying the will of the people." <<< this
No, they are HONORING the will of the people, in the states that chose them to do this task.
So, in a state where trump got only 40% of the primary vote, and because of the arbitrary state rules, he gets 100% of the electoral votes, winner take all, we should look at that scenario as promoting the "will of the people". What about the will of the majority 60% who voted against trump in that state?

Forum List

Back