I Keep Getting Redirected ...

Can someone get a screencap when it happens. We're running Chrome in the office, no adblock and cannot replicate this. My laptop, same thing, no redirects. It's hard to pinpoint the issue when we can't duplicate it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can get a screen cap (with URL) and post it, that will be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]

see if i did this right

excellent. A couple more from the others I mentioned would be great

Thanks sameech

I've been getting the same screen as Sameech all evening.

Ad blocker seems to work alright for my computer. Wont download to the windows phone though. not sure what to do there.

It happened again this morning at about 5:30am.

I got the screen shots but I'm not sure how to show them. Anyway you already have them but if needed, I can send them.

The “Flash Player Update” pop-ups happens regardless of the web browser or search engine, and if you are seeing a pop-up from a website saying that a “Flash Player Update” is required, then your computer may be infected with adware or a potentially unwanted program.
This infection is designed specifically to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.

“Flash Player Update” pop-up ads are distributed via adware or other malicious programs. Malicious websites, or legitimate websites that have been compromised, may display this pop-up ads within your web browser.
On these infected or compromised websites, cyber criminals will display a pop-up box stating that you need to updated or install a piece of software. If you click on the “Download” or “Click to install now” button, instead of installing an update, you’ll agree to download an adwar or a malicious programs onto your computer.
The text of “Flash Player Update” pop-up is:

Remove "Flash Player Update" pop-up virus (Removal Guide)

I got this and ran virus scan.

Last edited:
AdBlockPlus is the way to go.

It pops up on my windows 8 phone using explorer, windows 8.1 PC using FireFox or explorer when ad block / pop-up blocker is turned off on USMB, & 2 windows XP PC's FireFox when ad block is turned off on USMB. I need to find a ad blocker for my phone, because it makes USMB on my phone impossible.

I suspect USMB website is infected with malware.

Last edited:
So none of you who have installed adblock have ever clicked on an ad? The mods even install it, that's crazy. I realize they say it's free to join but they want to make some money here, get some revenue going other than the donations.

Also, downloading freeware is kind of ify in and of itself. I'm not feeling the logic here. We want them to fix the site not download freeware that will take away their ability to earn something.

The “Flash Player Update” pop-ups happens regardless of the web browser or search engine, and if you are seeing a pop-up from a website saying that a “Flash Player Update” is required, then your computer may be infected with adware or a potentially unwanted program.
This infection is designed specifically to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.

“Flash Player Update” pop-up ads are distributed via adware or other malicious programs. Malicious websites, or legitimate websites that have been compromised, may display this pop-up ads within your web browser.
On these infected or compromised websites, cyber criminals will display a pop-up box stating that you need to updated or install a piece of software. If you click on the “Download” or “Click to install now” button, instead of installing an update, you’ll agree to download an adwar or a malicious programs onto your computer.

I went to the site, downloaded and ran all three scan programs; after the 3rd reboot, my computer is running considerably faster, so it helped.

Thanks for the tip.

I get it on Chrome and Explorer 11.

The malware wants to load a setup.exe for a bogus Adobe Flash Player. Fortunately, it doesn't execute it. I have found that after it loads three copies (setup.exe, setup(1).exe and setup(2).exe), it finally stops hijacking and allows the site to be used.

I really want to think it snuck in through InfoLinks.

I HATE InfoLinks. They are very nearly enough to make me leave this site forever.

I went to the site, downloaded and ran all three scan programs; after the 3rd reboot, my computer is running considerably faster, so it helped.

Thanks for the tip.

Did it stop DIAOPLAYER.COM from hijacking you from US Messageboard?

They want you to look at the ads here, maybe you don't get the concept.

My IE works fine at every other website. Chrome, Firefox, adblock all have their place but I have my own opinions on all of it. These problems are not the fault of the user. There is something going on.

It is not ads. The side has been HIJACKED! It redirects to a page that downloads a bunch of malware. Basically, the site is unuseable on my pc.

I'm running Windows 7 and Chrome.

They want you to look at the ads here, maybe you don't get the concept.

My IE works fine at every other website. Chrome, Firefox, adblock all have their place but I have my own opinions on all of it. These problems are not the fault of the user. There is something going on.

It is not ads. The side has been HIJACKED! It redirects to a page that downloads a bunch of malware. Basically, the site is unuseable on my pc.

I'm running Windows 7 and Chrome.

So if it isn't ads, why are you all using adblock and saying it works in this case?

Forum List

Back