I just want to thank ...

how many points would you cost someone with a neg rep gunny?

thanks for the pos rep btw the other day! I knew I made a valid point when you did that cuz you don't general agree with my POV.

I've always said that to me the whole rep thing is all about the acknowledgment and comments, I don't give a crap about the points. Sometimes I neg rep people as a joke. It's actually a good way to find out who can actually take a joke. :eusa_whistle:

It's different things to different people. No way could it be an accurate indicator who is the most politically astute individual(s) on the board.

I give out as much pos rep for someone making me laugh as anyone I agree with politically. I just don't look at it as a negative thing. If I disagree with someone, I wuld much rather counter their argument on the board than negrep them in private. Just seems a lot cleaner to me that way.

how many points would you cost someone with a neg rep gunny?

thanks for the pos rep btw the other day! I knew I made a valid point when you did that cuz you don't general agree with my POV.

173. A neg rep will cost the person you give it to half the number of points of your rep power.

If you make a good, reasonable argument, I don't have to agree with it.

Also I think it is stupid you can't rep someone again even if you rep'd them the day before. You have to spread it around!

You can give out 20 separate rep's in a 24 hour period. You much rep 8 individuals prior to being able to rep the same person again.

The numbers are that way to minimize abuse of the system.

why are you such a dick? :eusa_whistle:

you actually did agree with me, which was kinda cool... it was on the hate speech topic... I was like GO ME!! :tongue:

There was a point in time when I was a long-haired, dope-smoking high schoold journalist for 4 years in Miami at which time I was a BIG proponent of freedom of speech being forced to rebel against the school "establishment" everytine they tried to censor the school rag.

Some old habits die hard.:)

I'm confused now ...

How many points gets you to the next rep level?

Thers is no "level" per se. You get points based on the number of posts you have (1 point of rep power per 1000 posts) and total number of rep points. I will have to look in the database after I PT to get the exact numbers.

Some do. That is pretty-much the only way to get a neg rep out of me, no matter how much I disagree with someone or dislike them personally. Exceptions have been few and far between, but I will do it in retaliation for negrep every time.

You can lose a LOT of points real fast that way.:eusa_whistle:

I thought retaliatory rep was against the rules. :eek:

I thought retaliatory rep was against the rules. :eek:

Nope. Besides, you know all I have to do is find the whatever post that person did that I disagree with and negrep it and it isn't "retaliation."

What's against the rules is repeatedly negrepping the same person. "Repeatedly" being of course subjective. Repeatedly usually doesn't apply to people negrepping me. They get the idea of worth and cost real quick.:eusa_angel:

You can give out 20 separate rep's in a 24 hour period. You much rep 8 individuals prior to being able to rep the same person again.

The numbers are that way to minimize abuse of the system.
Thanks! Sorry I have only been on here a few days and I extract my comment about it being stupid.

Nope. Besides, you know all I have to do is find the whatever post that person did that I disagree with and negrep it and it isn't "retaliation."

What's against the rules is repeatedly negrepping the same person. "Repeatedly" being of course subjective. Repeatedly usually doesn't apply to people negrepping me. They get the idea of worth and cost real quick.:eusa_angel:

I see.

I'm glad I never neg repped ya.:tongue:

Forum List

Back