i just put in 19 hours straight at work.

Damn we are finally ramping up for production. My last two weeks of pay checks: one was for 65 hours and the last one was for 72 hours.

What is the longest straight hours you ever worked?

I think my record was around 52 hours ...about 25 years ago.

Let me guess you never worked more then 8 hours in your life?..a guy like me gets a second wind after 12 hours straight and more mentally sharp then you with only an hour on the job.
What a load of self denying bullshit. If that was the case long haul truck drivers would never stop.
Yet they can't drive 24/7 since the feds stepped up drug testing for meth...30 years ago

I suppose it'll take only 40 hrs or so to fix the screw ups induced by fatigue.

Anyone can work 70 hours a week.
That's only 10 hours a day

Oh wait you probably think a week is only 5 days don't you?

That's called 'living to work.'

Americans should be paid enough to 'work to live.'

No it's called sacrifice for the future. I put in more time working when I was younger to save more so I could have the funds to open a business. When we opened I put in at least 14 - 16 hours a day 7 days a week for the first 3 years. then 50- 60 hours a week for a couple more

I don't even work 20 hours a week now. You put the time in up front. I'm not even 50 and I tell people I'm semi retired.

I do not regret one second of all that extra work because it has paid off.

But people don't want to sacrifice they just want to put in their 40 hours take all their sick time and never skip a vacation and they still expect to do as well as the people who sacrifice to succeed

Which is a non sequitur in regard to a 19 hour work day.

Are you fatigued?

19 hours? No big deal. I've done more than 30 hours more than once in the past.

I don't see the problem. Anyone can do it.

You not seeing the problem IS the problem. Your employer must call you 'sucker.'

I don't have an employer anymore because I worked all those hours when I was younger

Worker's that work 40 hours per week don't have 'drive, character, or ambition?'

What is the job you speak of?

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A industrial maintenance guy?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

Dude you don't have a damn clue about blue collar workers

I have over 500 workers that are considered 'blue collar.' Most work 4-10's, and a few 5-8's.

Ok I will bite do you think they are all equal in skills?

This will be interesting to me, do you think your second shift employees are as good as your first shift?

I still don't have a clue what you own..

So do you think your first shift guys can just clock out at 3pm and turn over the wrench so to speak to second shift?

I don't have a second shift.

I own five companies and an investment portfolio.

The main company designs, implements, maintains, and leases space on telecommunication towers.

The second is an equipment leasing company that leases to the main company and others.

The other three are equipment sales companies that sells to the main company and others.

The 'others' provide enough profit so the main company doesn't pay for any equipment.

Owning mutual funds doesn't make you an employer

Let me guess you never worked more then 8 hours in your life?..a guy like me gets a second wind after 12 hours straight and more mentally sharp then you with only an hour on the job.

Unless you're working four-ten hour days, there should be no reason to work more than 8 hours per day.

You truly don't get it, do you?

Don't come apply at my office, okay?

I just figured it out. You're a union boss!

Are you fatigued?

You not seeing the problem IS the problem. Your employer must call you 'sucker.'

I'm a responsible employer.

Actually, you're full of BS --- if you are a "responsible employer", then you're a one man company. If not, you're on the fast path to bankruptcy.

no, it's called drive, character, ambition.

Worker's that work 40 hours per week don't have 'drive, character, or ambition?'

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

I have over 500 workers that are considered 'blue collar.' Most work 4-10's, and a few 5-8's.

Disregard ... the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking. The balloon just popped.

Damn we are finally ramping up for production. My last two weeks of pay checks: one was for 65 hours and the last one was for 72 hours.

if you were paid overtime, thank a liberal for the FLSA

if you were paid overtime, thank a liberal for the FLSA

Why?

Again betty boop I get self satisfaction out of fixing machinery when no one else can..

Its a rush and I would do it for free.

No it's called sacrifice for the future. I put in more time working when I was younger to save more so I could have the funds to open a business. When we opened I put in at least 14 - 16 hours a day 7 days a week for the first 3 years. then 50- 60 hours a week for a couple more

I don't even work 20 hours a week now. You put the time in up front. I'm not even 50 and I tell people I'm semi retired.

But people don't want to sacrifice they just want to put in their 40 hours take all their sick time and never skip a vacation and they still expect to do as well as the people who sacrifice to succeed

Why do American workers have to sacrifice? Oh yeah, capitalist racketeers and the Republicans they support.

Unless you're working four-ten hour days, there should be no reason to work more than 8 hours per day.

Why would I apply at your office?

Are you fatigued?

Actually, you're full of BS --- if you are a "responsible employer", then you're a one man company. If not, you're on the fast path to bankruptcy.

A responsible employer (such as myself) know the answer to the question; How much should the people that make you all of your money be paid?

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

Disregard ... the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking. The balloon just popped.

How can a person that doesn't know the truth (you) know that the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking?

In clinicals, I have worked 24 hours straight. I'm 60 now, I don't do that shit any more.

Why would I apply at your office?

Because you want to work in a company that has a proven track record of success, rapid growth and very rich employees.

A responsible employer (such as myself) know the answer to the question; How much should the people that make you all of your money be paid?

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

How can a person that doesn't know the truth (you) know that the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking?

Actually, it's simple. I have watched your posts and, frankly, what you know about business would fit in a coffee cup. Views you supposedly adhere to are fiscal and managerial suicide. In fact, you have clearly demonstrated that you've never held a position of fiscal authority, nor have you ever been responsible for business decisions.

Instead, you hyperbolize and spout the liberal union mantra without even the slightest of idea of the impact of your proposals.

How do I know? Easy --- I've been in business for over 40 years, and I've made just about every mistake that can be made. I've built companies, I've bought companies, and I've sold companies. Believe me, I recognize a neophyte when I see one. And, the only thing worse than a neophyte is one who won't admit his ignorance. And, son, you qualify ....

Why do American workers have to sacrifice? Oh yeah, capitalist racketeers and the Republicans they support.

They don't have to unless they want to see any real success that is

Forum List

Back