I Have a single, one mouse Problem, and Need Help!

Wild mice can be kept as pets, same as any tame mouse you buy in a pet store, the only difference is, that wild mice have to be captured at one particular point in their lives, and not earlier or later. Plus, they live longer than the pet store variety of mouse and are generally healthier and stronger.

According to this article, you should probably not keep a full grown wild mouse as a pet because they are more prone to biting, but if it is a baby mouse, then you can keep it as a pet.

How to Keep a Wild Mouse as a Pet

Wild mice can be kept as pets, same as any tame mouse you buy in a pet store, the only difference is, that wild mice have to be captured at one particular point in their lives, and not earlier or later. Plus, they live longer than the pet store variety of mouse and are generally healthier and stronger.

According to this article, you should probably not keep a full grown wild mouse as a pet because they are more prone to biting, but if it is a baby mouse, then you can keep it as a pet.

I have a tree frog that lives in my kitchen house plants.:26:

I named him James Brown because he likes music
and he turns brown when he jumps on the wooden cabinets.
68268535_2451772001536013_336307162026344448_n.jpg

68798022_2453198204726726_2190093808090218496_o.jpg

68436181_2451771838202696_4628220427041243136_n.jpg

:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush: Don't tell the CIA I just gave them my fingerprints.:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:

I have a tree frog that lives in my kitchen house plants.:26:

I named him James Brown because he likes music
and he turns brown when he jumps on the wooden cabinets.
68268535_2451772001536013_336307162026344448_n.jpg

68798022_2453198204726726_2190093808090218496_o.jpg

68436181_2451771838202696_4628220427041243136_n.jpg

:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush: Don't tell the CIA I just gave them my fingerprints.:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:

That is pretty cool.

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg
yes, the hubby got frustrated and bought those, but then he said that they were so sticky, mice could pull their feet off, trying to get off of them....

so that NIXED THAT....
Are you serious about saving mice around the house??

Do mice spread disease? The real health risks posed by mice infestations – PestWorld
It's 1 mouse, my cat brought in...not 2 or 10. Yes, I did want to save its life, if I could, and that is why we bought the no kill traps..... they have not worked, I was needing to know if there were any trick to getting the traps to work.

BUT, after reading all of the horror stories on this thread.... especially Gracie' s... which I could relate to.... And envision Matt and I doing just what she did initially....

We are trying right now with the no kill traps with peanut butter... something I learned here... if it does not work, Matt bought a dozen or so traditional killing mouse traps on his way home last night.

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg
yes, the hubby got frustrated and bought those, but then he said that they were so sticky, mice could pull their feet off, trying to get off of them....

so that NIXED THAT....

Do mice spread disease? The real health risks posed by mice infestations – PestWorld
It's 1 mouse, my cat brought in...not 2 or 10. Yes, I did want to save its life, if I could, and that is why we bought the no kill traps..... they have not worked, I was needing to know if there were any trick to getting the traps to work.

BUT, after reading all of the horror stories on this thread.... especially Gracie' s... which I could relate to.... And envision Matt and I doing just what she did initially....

We are trying right now with the no kill traps with peanut butter... something I learned here... if it does not work, Matt bought a dozen or so traditional killing mouse traps on his way home last night.
I've never had trouble catching mice without killing them. I used a garbage bag once.

But if you "turn it loose" outside, it WILL die.

Mice find shelter from the cold by burrowing under the tall grass under the snow. Releasing it into the cold will kill it.

Mice do not hibernate and will remain active throughout winter. They will spend more time indoors during winter but venture out frequently. Mice prefer to make their home in close proximity to known food sources and usually build their nests in quiet areas that are free of human activity and predators.

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg

so that NIXED THAT....

I see. Didn't read 17 pages......lol.....Cats love to prove their worth and keep, by dropping it in front of you. Lol

Just having a cat is a good deterrent.

I have a friend with a very old mouse (in mouse years) as a pet. It never would survive in the wild. He's as attached to that mouse as most are to their dog or cat. They really do make good pets.

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg

so that NIXED THAT....

I've never had trouble catching mice without killing them. I used a garbage bag once.

Mice find shelter from the cold by burrowing under the tall grass under the snow. Releasing it into the cold will kill it.

Mice do not hibernate and will remain active throughout winter. They will spend more time indoors during winter but venture out frequently. Mice prefer to make their home in close proximity to known food sources and usually build their nests in quiet areas that are free of human activity and predators.
I'm going to confess. PETA will be after me. When I was a kid I was flying a kite on a windy day. I happened to have trapped a mouse alive. I took him and he became the tail on the kite. I flew it a mile high. Wound it down. The thing was shaking like crazy but he made it. I had to let him go for his services. He ran like hell. Amazing....lol

I see. Didn't read 17 pages......lol.....Cats love to prove their worth and keep, by dropping it in front of you. Lol

We used to have some cats but we have 17 dogs now, so it's pretty much
out of the question.

We actually had 2 cats named Tom & Jerry back in the 90's
when we had a water bed. I lost count of how many claw holes I had to repair . :icon_rolleyes:

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg

so that NIXED THAT....

So even if I did catch it and save it, it would die if I put it outside?

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg

so that NIXED THAT....

Arent you in a cold climate? It needs a warm place until the weather averages 40 and it can find shelter from the cold.

If it's going to die, a quick kill trap is best (never torture it with glue traps).

I myself have just stopped killing anything but insects.

I had a bad bat problem for a couple years but took care of it without killing them.

I have a cat, but I do get an occasional mouse in the winter months, but I've never fretted over it. Just seems to work out.

We used to have some cats but we have 17 dogs now, so it's pretty much
out of the question.

We actually had 2 cats named Tom & Jerry back in the 90's
when we had a water bed. I lost count of how many claw holes I had to repair . :icon_rolleyes:
We always had a dog when I was a kid. It was always traumatizing when they died, especially the one that ended up flatter than a pancake on the road. Lol
So I never had a pet as an adult except birds. Birds are easy, dogs are a pia to take care of.Lol

You could try these .
mouse_glue_trap_box.jpg

so that NIXED THAT....

Well you could get creative.

so that NIXED THAT....

I really am surprised that animal torture videos are allowed on youtube, but conservative thought is not

I really am surprised that animal torture videos are allowed on youtube, but conservative thought is not

It was a joke of course. But I did say a prayer for those 3 before I posted it.

Forum List

Back