I have a question for you hunter's out there!

dilloduck said:
Read the thread ,toots . :rolleyes: Count the number of times that men who hunt are mocked and accused of HAVING to do it to prove their maleness. Show me anywhere on this thread where I have mocked women because they were on their period. It's not the sort of thing I resort to. You know ONE person who hunts and base your entire opinion on his opinion on hunting.

So are you against hunting those poor innocent animals or not ? I'm merely defending hunting and fishing as an activity that is NOT soley an experience men engage in to prove thier manliness to others as many have suggested. Do you have any idea how many women hunt and fish ? Are they all lesbians trying to prove their manliness too?

I disagree with hunting for sport. In fact, when my brother went hunting, and my neice was a toddler, and just learning to talk, I taught her to say "When I grow up, I'm going to be a vegetarian." just for kicks. He goes.. He kills.. He gets all this meat, and his first concern is mounting the damn head.. The meat ends up in MY extra freezer, waiting for him to eat it, until it gets thrown out.

Did I ever ONCE say ALL men are guilty of this? No.

I do not disagree with hunting if you eat what you kill. My gripe with it is hides and heads all over the place. How you've managed to twist that in to some hatred of males is completely beyond me, but hey..whatever ticks your clock.

I

Shattered said:
I disagree with hunting for sport. In fact, when my brother went hunting, and my neice was a toddler, and just learning to talk, I taught her to say "When I grow up, I'm going to be a vegetarian." just for kicks. He goes.. He kills.. He gets all this meat, and his first concern is mounting the damn head.. The meat ends up in MY extra freezer, waiting for him to eat it, until it gets thrown out.

Did I ever ONCE say ALL men are guilty of this? No.

I do not disagree with hunting if you eat what you kill. My gripe with it is hides and heads all over the place. How you've managed to twist that in to some hatred of males is completely beyond me, but hey..whatever ticks your clock.

I

where did I ever say anything about this being hatred ?

perhaps you need to reread my post

This is one of your comments:

Now it has been turned into a pathetic thing men do to brag about themselves and that they have somehow "taken advantage" of poor pitiful nature to puff up their ego. Don't even get me started on the other things people to puff up their egos. This is an obvious attack on males that apparently is getting quite popular here.

There is an entire string of comments like these which sound remarkably like accusations of male-hatred, male bashing, and a complete disregard for everything important to a man. Hell.. I have a freakin problem with HEADS hanging on a wall.. That's IT.

Could it be that maybe now I'm taking your comments as far out of context as you seem to be taking ours (womens)?

Shattered said:
This is one of your comments:

Now it has been turned into a pathetic thing men do to brag about themselves and that they have somehow "taken advantage" of poor pitiful nature to puff up their ego. Don't even get me started on the other things people to puff up their egos. This is an obvious attack on males that apparently is getting quite popular here.

There is an entire string of comments like these which sound remarkably like accusations of male-hatred, male bashing, and a complete disregard for everything important to a man. Hell.. I have a freakin problem with HEADS hanging on a wall.. That's IT.

Could it be that maybe now I'm taking your comments as far out of context as you seem to be taking ours (womens)?

Women haven't been the only ones on this post that decribe hunters as men who go out and shoot animals ONLY to sastisfy their egos. It has even been stated that men do it because they can't hang their penises on the wall. I merely think that these attitudes don't just arise out of a vacuum, they incorrectly define the majority of people who hunt and are ignorant of the facts. Khafley asked for an explaination and got mine. Now I'm merely defending it against comments from people who don't even hunt. Your right ! Having a problem with taxidermy mounts is YOUR problem. Don't blame the folks who put em there to rationalize your feelings.

dilloduck said:
Women haven't been the only ones on this post that decribe hunters as men who go out and shoot animals ONLY to sastisfy their egos. It has even been stated that men do it because they can't hang their penises on the wall. I merely think that these attitudes don't just arise out of a vacuum, they incorrectly define the majority of people who hunt and are ignorant of the facts. Khafley asked for an explaination and got mine. Now I'm merely defending it against comments from people who don't even hunt. Your right ! Having a problem with taxidermy mounts is YOUR problem. Don't blame the folks who put em there to rationalize your feelings.

My feelings on taxidermy aren't a problem. My husband *who doesn't hunt* is good with them.. My brother *who does hunt* is good with them.. In fact, you seem to be the only person that has a serious problem with my vocalizing them on a public thread, on a public board, in response to a question another member asked. You've managed to take them, and twist them around with even more precision than anything I've seen in a long time.

Even *I* know Manu's 'penis' comment was a joke. You know it, too.. I think you're just so wrapped up in defending what you *think* you need to defend now that you're now too far away to see the humor in anything anymore.

Don't you see that you're the only person that actually sounds *angry*?

As for Khafley, it sounds like you think that your explanation is the only important one, or the only one she's entitled to; that the rest of us who may disagree, or have a different view are insignificant, or have purposely set out to attack you.

Not so in either case.

Shattered said:
My feelings on taxidermy aren't a problem. My husband *who doesn't hunt* is good with them.. My brother *who does hunt* is good with them.. In fact, you seem to be the only person that has a serious problem with my vocalizing them on a public thread, on a public board, in response to a question another member asked. You've managed to take them, and twist them around with even more precision than anything I've seen in a long time.

Even *I* know Manu's 'penis' comment was a joke. You know it, too.. I think you're just so wrapped up in defending what you *think* you need to defend now that you're now too far away to see the humor in anything anymore.

Don't you see that you're the only person that actually sounds *angry*?

As for Khafley, it sounds like you think that your explanation is the only important one, or the only one she's entitled to; that the rest of us who may disagree, or have a different view are insignificant, or have purposely set out to attack you.

Not so in either case.

your previous post clearly stated you have a problem with heads hanging on the wall----at least if you make a statement you can stick with it----read remies post or Johnnys---I'm NOT the only one who has a problem with it.

dilloduck said:
your previous post clearly stated you have a problem with heads hanging on the wall----at least if you make a statement you can stick with it----read remies post or Johnnys---I'm NOT the only one who has a problem with it.

You accused me of *blaming* someone for my "problem" with stupid heads being mounted on a wall.. I don't think I have a "problem" (in the sense you're using the word) at all. Merely a distaste for something already horribly ugly, purposely disfigured, and tacky.

Neither Remie, nor Johnney are sitting here throwing everything they have at me in an attempt to make me take back my words, or make me feel small about voicing them in the first place.

If you're so insecure with your own masculinity, that you need to take a simple thread like this, and turn it in to a male-bashing thread to suit your own arguments, that's fine with me. I've nowhere to be til 11. But, keep in mind, this is stupid.

So, I don't like hunting for sport. So I don't like stuffed dead things around me. So I believe most males hunt for sport/ego rather than any *practical* purpose. Big f*cking deal. What does it really matter, and why are you STILL so pissed off about it? It's an OPINION thread.. Mine doesn't happen to agree with yours.. It's going to happen again.

Shattered said:
You accused me of *blaming* someone for my "problem" with stupid heads being mounted on a wall.. I don't think I have a "problem" (in the sense you're using the word) at all. Merely a distaste for something already horribly ugly, purposely disfigured, and tacky.

Neither Remie, nor Johnney are sitting here throwing everything they have at me in an attempt to make me take back my words, or make me feel small about voicing them in the first place.

If you're so insecure with your own masculinity, that you need to take a simple thread like this, and turn it in to a male-bashing thread to suit your own arguments, that's fine with me. I've nowhere to be til 11. But, keep in mind, this is stupid.

So, I don't like hunting for sport. So I don't like stuffed dead things around me. So I believe most males hunt for sport/ego rather than any *practical* purpose. Big f*cking deal. What does it really matter, and why are you STILL so pissed off about it? It's an OPINION thread.. Mine doesn't happen to agree with yours.. It's going to happen again.

are you gonna stand up and take responsibilty for what you post or not !!
If you feel small it's because of your own insecurities--do you expect everyone to treat you like you're a poor pitiful woman who can't take care of herself. So now I'm stupid for standing up for a point ! I can name call to ,Shittered. My masculinity is just fine ty and I'm taking up this thread in defense of hunters--not men. It just seems as though the only point you have is that men hunt to build up their egos. If this thread had stuck with personal preferences I would have been fine with it but when it turned into accusing men of hunting and displaying their catch as somehow only doing this to pump up thier egos, it went overboard and is simply not true.
I will continue to confront ANYTHING on this board that I feel to be untrue and that ALSO has NOTHING to do with feeling unmanly.

Shattered said:

i think this is going to have to be one of those things you two are going to have to agree to disagree on.
personally, if and when i get a trophy buck, ill have a head mount made. millions of years of evolution has made deer quite adept at escape, and probably nine times out of ten your going home empty handed. the sense of smell animals have now are just out of this world! they can smell you way before you see them, if you even have the chance to see them.
but like i said, like it or not, its your choice to do so. each side has brought up valid points.

Johnney said:
i think this is going to have to be one of those things you two are going to have to agree to disagree on.
personally, if and when i get a trophy buck, ill have a head mount made. millions of years of evolution has made deer quite adept at escape, and probably nine times out of ten your going home empty handed. the sense of smell animals have now are just out of this world! they can smell you way before you see them, if you even have the chance to see them.
but like i said, like it or not, its your choice to do so. each side has brought up valid points.

It's all good Johnny. Debates are a good thing although this one has sunk to a level I would preferred it not to.

Johnney said:

Nobody said you can't, or shouldn't. It's merely differing opinions about what is acceptable in someone elses house. If *I* personally think it's an ego thing, does that really make one whit of difference to you? I doubt it. If it does, it shouldn't.

Dillo - YOU are the one that's told me these are just words on a screen - however, now that the roles are reversed, you're the one getting pissed off (seemingly) to the point of rage because someone elses words don't coincide with yours. Faceless people have no bearing on your life, remember? Stand up for whatever you will, but leave the emotion out of it.. (Isn't that similar to what you told me once?)

I'm hardly some weak "victim", and again, I think you know better. I'm merely pointing out what I think you're *trying* to do. Not stating that you're succeeding.

I think mountings are tacky and disgusting. However, I'm neither dating you, married to you, or anything else, so my opinion remains just that... my opinion.

Johnney said:
millions of years of evolution has made deer quite adept at escape, and probably nine times out of ten your going home empty handed. the sense of smell animals have now are just out of this world! they can smell you way before you see them, if you even have the chance to see them.
And the bastards know what the date is too..I hate it when a group of Turkey walk across a dirt road
in front of you and flip ya the "bird"!..OUT OF SEASON!! :D

Mr. P said:
And the bastards know what the date is too..I hate it when a group of Turkey walk across a dirt road
in front of you and flip ya the "bird"!..OUT OF SEASON!! :D
or they are alway in one area while out of season, but let midnight of opening day hit... good luck there!

They have nice big fat turkeys all trussed up, and cleaned up for you right at the grocery store No blood, no guts, and no annoying feathers. :)

Shattered said:
Nobody said you can't, or shouldn't. It's merely differing opinions about what is acceptable in someone elses house. If *I* personally think it's an ego thing, does that really make one whit of difference to you? I doubt it. If it does, it shouldn't.
thats not what i was getting at. guess isould have specified. ont he concept of hunting jsut for trophies. i dont waste meat. in my book there is no need to full body trophies. head with suffice, imo anyway. head mounts afford you a trophy <i>and</i> with the meat.
i dont really htink its an ego thing. you get recognition at work for doing good work, sports teams to trophies and so on. this is just another trophy, cept it didnt come from a store is all.
everyone is entitled to your own opine, you stated you think its tacky and egoistic (i think i made that up) about trophies. fair enough. to me trophies are few and far between. there isnt too many "mounts of a lifetime" that i would want.

let me know if im rambling, this medicine is working overtime on me!

Shattered said:
They have nice big fat turkeys all trussed up, and cleaned up for you right at the grocery store No blood, no guts, and no annoying feathers. :)
ahhh, but there is the difference right there! i tastes (in a hunters mind) so much better if you have to work to get it. and turkeys, regardless of how dumb they are, are one of the hardest game birds to hunt. and wild turkey does have a taste all to its own!
hell i almsot hit on the other day. and not for my lack of trying...lol damn guard rail got inthe way.

Shattered said:

Dillo - YOU are the one that's told me these are just words on a screen - however, now that the roles are reversed, you're the one getting pissed off (seemingly) to the point of rage because someone elses words don't coincide with yours. Faceless people have no bearing on your life, remember? Stand up for whatever you will, but leave the emotion out of it.. (Isn't that similar to what you told me once?)

I'm hardly some weak "victim", and again, I think you know better. I'm merely pointing out what I think you're *trying* to do. Not stating that you're succeeding.

I think mountings are tacky and disgusting. However, I'm neither dating you, married to you, or anything else, so my opinion remains just that... my opinion.

Conveniently framed but not true---this thread has turned into whether hunting and the display of the catch is merely a male ego issue or a legitimate sport that is done for a variety of OTHER reasons. I suggested YOU not take a post so seriously once when you were crying. I'm perfectly in control of my emotions and in fact using them to counter untruths and myths.
I'm "trying" to do nothing but defend hunters here--if you are taking this as a personal attack I suggest you check your paranoia level.
Tacky--disgusting--fine----Just don't try to tell me it's all done by males who need to inflate their egos and we'll be fine.

Johnney said:
thats not what i was getting at. guess isould have specified. ont he concept of hunting jsut for trophies. i dont waste meat. in my book there is no need to full body trophies. head with suffice, imo anyway. head mounts afford you a trophy <i>and</i> with the meat.
i dont really htink its an ego thing. you get recognition at work for doing good work, sports teams to trophies and so on. this is just another trophy, cept it didnt come from a store is all.
everyone is entitled to your own opine, you stated you think its tacky and egoistic (i think i made that up) about trophies. fair enough. to me trophies are few and far between. there isnt too many "mounts of a lifetime" that i would want.

let me know if im rambling, this medicine is working overtime on me!

That's just it - I clearly stated that I don't have a problem with hunters who *consume* what they eat.. (at least I THINK I clearly stated that)..I still don't like the heads, but I don't get angry at people for killing for *food*. To kill JUST for the head is wrong, IMO.

Shattered said:
That's just it - I clearly stated that I don't have a problem with hunters who *consume* what they eat.. (at least I THINK I clearly stated that)..I still don't like the heads, but I don't get angry at people for killing for *food*. To kill JUST for the head is wrong, IMO.
yeah strictly trophy hunting is bogus. and i think for the most part, thats peta's biggest bitch about hunting, aside from the monsters jsut killing animals that is.

dilloduck said:
Conveniently framed but not true---this thread has turned into whether hunting and the display of the catch is merely a male ego issue or a legitimate sport that is done for a variety of OTHER reasons. I suggested YOU not take a post so seriously once when you were crying. I'm perfectly in control of my emotions and in fact using them to counter untruths and myths.
I'm "trying" to do nothing but defend hunters here--if you are taking this as a personal attack I suggest you check your paranoia level.
Tacky--disgusting--fine----Just don't try to tell me it's all done by males who need to inflate their egos and we'll be fine.
FINALLY!! Ya nail her with a head shot Dillo!
Now the question everyone is going to have is...Will you have her stuffed and mounted
and hang er on the wall? :poke:

Forum List

Back