I have a question for those who hate creationism

Using the term FAITH in this context betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of faith, or it's disingenuous troll fodder.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Faith - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition 2b

Pot meet kettle, lol.

Posting the definition of faith doesn't make you any less wrong (or disingenuous).

True story :thup:

But it does prove your statement was total bullshit.

True story :thup: (remember imitation is the highest form of flattery)

yes answers have been provided but we can't prove, beyond doubt, that the answers are actually accurate. We have to have FAITH in educated guesses and extrapolations from observations.

Using the term FAITH in this context betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of faith, or it's disingenuous troll fodder.

Faith - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition 2b

Definition 2b: firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Educated guesses and extrapolations from OBSERVATIONS are actually based on proof. Perhaps not conclusive proof, but definitely not NO PROOF.

Here, put some of this on your crow and it won't taste so bad:

20101029144714!Tabasco_sauce.jpg

Definition 2b: firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Educated guesses and extrapolations from OBSERVATIONS are actually based on proof. Perhaps not conclusive proof, but definitely not NO PROOF.

Here, put some of this on your crow and it won't taste so bad:

20101029144714!Tabasco_sauce.jpg

educated guesses yes but no actual proof.

Its simple really, so simple I know even you understand where im coming from :razz:

:disbelief:

Do you even realize how ignorant that statement is? Do you not know why said guess is qualified with the adjective 'educated'?

It sure as shit isn't because there is no proof. If there is no proof, it's actually an UNeducated guess.

Now you're up to a double helping of crow.

I don't hate creationism. I hate it when dipshits try to pass it off as science, or when they apply faulty, convoluted logic to suggest that scientific inquiry, like creationism, is faith based.

In your very own words you are claiming creationism is scientific. ;)

And I, as a person who believes that God created life won't even make that claim. Scientific Inquiry? WTF?

Immie

Last edited:
I don't hate creationism. I hate it when dipshits try to pass it off as science, or when they apply faulty, convoluted logic to suggest that scientific inquiry, like creationism, is faith based.

And I, as a person who believes that God created life won't even make that claim.

Immie

Actually, my words claim the exact opposite.

But thanks for reading my post. :thup:

yes answers have been provided but we can't prove, beyond doubt, that the answers are actually accurate. We have to have FAITH in educated guesses and extrapolations from observations.

Pot meet kettle, lol.

Let me give you the ultimate word, from the Lord's mouth itself, what faith is:

Hebrews 11:1

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Immie

And I, as a person who believes that God created life won't even make that claim.

Immie

You're welcome. But, you should know that I do quite often.

But the way I read your post is that you are stating that creationism is scientific inquiry. But, I was up late last night and am not quite awake at the moment.

Immie

Immie

But the way I read your post is that you are stating that creationism is scientific inquiry. But, I was up late last night and am not quite awake at the moment.

Immie

I believe you. But you definitely read it wrong. I went back and double checked.

The FLoT is not an "educated guess" as you well know. It was PROVEN with a REPEATABLE experiment by James Perscott Joule. Rather than "FAITH" one need only repeat the experiment yourself to confirm the fact for yourself. You actually cited the FLoT earlier in this thread when you stated absolutely that "nothing comes from nothing." Funny how the FLoT is proven when it suits your purposes and is "FAITH" when it doesn't!!!

If to Creationists repeatable experiments prove nothing, then one can simply pontificate anything!

Immie

I believe you. But you definitely read it wrong. I went back and double checked.

Since you are not a politician, I will take your word for it. You aren't are you?

Immie

Immie

Since you are not a politician, I will take your word for it. You aren't are you?

Immie

Everyone is a 'politician', and I'm no exception. ;)

But I'm certainly not a public 'servant', elected or otherwise. :thup:

Do you even realize how ignorant that statement is? Do you not know why said guess is qualified with the adjective 'educated'?

It sure as shit isn't because there is no proof. If there is no proof, it's actually an UNeducated guess.

is it still a guess? Ohhhhhh ok then :lol:

so say i have a mutliple choice test and i know the answer is NOT a, c, or e....therefore I can make an educated guess that it is B or D.....what if i guessed wrong? I guess then i was just HOPING my educated guess was right without knowing for sure ;).

Pot meet kettle, lol.

Let me give you the ultimate word, from the Lord's mouth itself, what faith is:

Hebrews 11:1

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Immie

LOL see both websters and the bible get it :lol:

Faith by definition is in that which has not yet happened so "proof" is impossible. But if you observe the sun rising in the east day after day, there is no 'proof' that it will happen again tomorrow, but your 'faith' that it will continue to do that is rational faith. If manifold makes intelligent posts several times, it is rational to have 'faith' that your next post will also be intelligent.

Such are not uneducated guesses but are based on observation, repetition, logic, reason, and experience. "No proof" does not make faith irrational, ignorant, or stupid.

Faith is thinking the Bruins will win, when you don't see them winning.

No I can prove they will win using math.....but if they lose its just because, ummm, well..it had nothing to do with me having faith in the math I used :lol:

Faith that the Bruins will win against a better team is rational only if there is some additional factor in the mix; i.e. the game has been 'fixed' or key players are sick or benched for whatever reason, etc. Faith that the Bruins will win against a statistically much inferior team is rational faith.

Faith is thinking the Bruins will win, when you don't see them winning.

No I can prove they will win using math.....but if they lose its just because, ummm, well..it had nothing to do with me having faith in the math I used :lol:

Faith that the Bruins will win against a better team is rational only if there is some additional factor in the mix; i.e. the game has been 'fixed' or key players are sick or benched for whatever reason, etc. Faith that the Bruins will win against a statistically much inferior team is rational faith.

Well, I have it on no authority that according to Pastor Harold Camping (of 5/21/11 E.O.W. fame) the powers that be in Heaven are pulling for Boston. So, consequently, I would not count my chickens before they hatched if I were you. ;)

Well, I have it on no authority that according to Pastor Harold Camping (of 5/21/11 E.O.W. fame) the powers that be in Heaven are pulling for Boston. So, consequently, I would not count my chickens before they hatched if I were you. ;)

I'm not a hockey fan at all. Don't really understand all the nuances or even the rules of the game. But I have every faith that the Bruins could beat ANY of our local hockey teams. No faith that they could beat any other pro team as I don't know much about any of them and have no experience with that. :)

Forum List

Back