I have a new theory about the origin of earth

I have a new theory about the origin of earth. I believe our planet came from someplace else and when it passed our sun it was caught up in the gravity pull of our sun and now circles our sun like the other planets.
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/sp...nd-rotational-characteristics-of-earth_02.jpg

Our planet began totally covered in ice. The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago) during the Cryogenian period.
TinyURL.com: ybzpbae7

Snowball Earth: The times our planet was covered in ice

Ancient rocks suggest that ice entirely covered our planet on at least two occasions. This theory may help explain the rise of complex life that followed.
The story of Snowball Earth

Once our planet began circling our sun the ice covering our earth began to slowly melt, creating the oceans we see today and even today this ice continues to melt.

Anyone agree/disagree-?

Well, I do know that the Webb Telescope is finding fully formed galaxies closer to the Big Bang than was thought to be possible. There is much we don't know.

The Cinderella Zone was dry by statute...

The old theory is getting old ... so any new flashie-whashie new theory is going to ring bells ... blow whistles ...

A great solution in need of a problem to solve ... "Asteroids and the asteroid belt are a staple of science fiction stories. Asteroids play several potential roles in science fiction: as places human beings might colonize, resources for extracting minerals, hazards encountered by spacecraft traveling between two other points, and as a threat to life on Earth or other inhabited planets, dwarf planets, and natural satellites by potential impact." --- Wikipedia [so it has to be true] ...

Doesn't answer my question ... where did the water that was here in the beginning go? ... why would there be water on asteroids but not on Earth? ...
Have no idea.
No one has said that ALL water on earth came from space objects, only most of it. And our atmosphere traps it.

Have no idea.
No one has said that ALL water on earth came from space objects, only most of it. And our atmosphere traps it.

Gravity traps it ... Astronomy 101 ... be a little more skeptical of what you read in the National Inquirer and the like ... most of the water was with Earth from the beginning, there's no Great Reservoir out there in space for the water to come from ...

Contact these authors you're reading ... see if they can answer your questions ... this is fringe science at best ... conspiracy theory at worst ... and let's try to get our science news from science media ... I'm not a big fan for SciAm, but it's better than what you've been reading ...

Gravity traps it ... Astronomy 101 ... be a little more skeptical of what you read in the National Inquirer and the like ... most of the water was with Earth from the beginning, there's no Great Reservoir out there in space for the water to come from ...

Contact these authors you're reading ... see if they can answer your questions ... this is fringe science at best ... conspiracy theory at worst ... and let's try to get our science news from science media ... I'm not a big fan for SciAm, but it's better than what you've been reading ...
Try this as something of a compromise: Where did Earth's water come from?.

I have a new theory about the origin of earth. I believe our planet came from someplace else and when it passed our sun it was caught up in the gravity pull of our sun and now circles our sun like the other planets.
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/sp...nd-rotational-characteristics-of-earth_02.jpg

Our planet began totally covered in ice. The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago) during the Cryogenian period.
TinyURL.com: ybzpbae7

Snowball Earth: The times our planet was covered in ice

Ancient rocks suggest that ice entirely covered our planet on at least two occasions. This theory may help explain the rise of complex life that followed.
The story of Snowball Earth

Once our planet began circling our sun the ice covering our earth began to slowly melt, creating the oceans we see today and even today this ice continues to melt.

Anyone agree/disagree-?
I think an astrophysicist would be able to disprove because the orbit of the earth is too closely aligned with the orbits of the other planets. For example that are all in the same plane and all orbit the sun in the same direction and I don't think a captured planet would have an orbit exactly the same as all the other planets

Try this as something of a compromise: Where did Earth's water come from?.
Your link states
Currently, the most favored explanation for where the Earth got its water is that it acquired it from water-rich objects (planetesimals) that made up a few percent of its building blocks. These water-rich planetesimals would have been either comets or asteroids.

The above is a hypotheses, an educated assumption.
One assumption can not be used to dis-qualify another assumption
At lest as I see it
:)-

On a side note, NASA spent millions, maybe billions of dollars to find out if an asteroids direction can be changed.

Sep 26, 2022
RELEASE 22-100
NASA’s DART Mission Hits Asteroid in First-Ever Planetary Defense Test
The final five-and-a-half minutes of images leading up to the DART spacecraft’s intentional collision with asteroid Dimorphos. The DART spacecraft streamed these images from its DRACO camera back to Earth in real time as it approached the asteroid. This replay movie is 10 times faster than reality, except for the last six images, which are shown at the same rate that the spacecraft returned them. Both Didymos and its moonlet Dimorphos are visible at the start of the movie. At the end, Dimorphos fills the field of view. The final image in the movie shows a patch of Dimorphos that is 51 feet 16 meters) across. DART’s impact occurred during transmission of the final image to Earth, resulting in a partial picture at the end of this movie. Didymos is roughly 2,500 feet (780 meters) in diameter; Dimorphos is about 525 feet (160 meters) in length.

My question is, does NASA know something they do not want us to know, at least not yet?

On a side note, NASA spent millions, maybe billions of dollars to find out if an asteroids direction can be changed.

Sep 26, 2022
RELEASE 22-100
The final five-and-a-half minutes of images leading up to the DART spacecraft’s intentional collision with asteroid Dimorphos. The DART spacecraft streamed these images from its DRACO camera back to Earth in real time as it approached the asteroid. This replay movie is 10 times faster than reality, except for the last six images, which are shown at the same rate that the spacecraft returned them. Both Didymos and its moonlet Dimorphos are visible at the start of the movie. At the end, Dimorphos fills the field of view. The final image in the movie shows a patch of Dimorphos that is 51 feet 16 meters) across. DART’s impact occurred during transmission of the final image to Earth, resulting in a partial picture at the end of this movie. Didymos is roughly 2,500 feet (780 meters) in diameter; Dimorphos is about 525 feet (160 meters) in length.

My question is, does NASA know something they do not want us to know, at least not yet?
They know that asteroids have struck the Earth many times in the past, some absolutely catastrophically. Even a relatively small asteroid striking the wrong place could have disastrous consequences. An ocean strike could cause massive tidal waves. A strike in a populated region could cause a huge loss of life. The dust and aerosols created by even a modest strike could cause a nuclear winter scenario. It is not necessary to know something specific is on its way to know that we need to be prepared for such an eventuality.

One mole ... try reading with comprehension next time ..
Ok, I admit that I don’t have a clue to the energy released when oxygen and hydrogen combine to form a water molecule.
I do know that the only way to create a water molecule is to combine hydrogen and oxygen, giving us H2O.
I also know that our planet contains 332.5 million cubic miles of water.
How Much Water is There on Earth? | U.S. Geological Survey
These are simple facts.

Ok, I admit that I don’t have a clue to the energy released when oxygen and hydrogen combine to form a water molecule.
I do know that the only way to create a water molecule is to combine hydrogen and oxygen, giving us H2O.
I also know that our planet contains 332.5 million cubic miles of water.
These are simple facts.

Simple facts? .. well ... you're wrong ...

Water can be created with combustion ... about 40% by mass of tail pipe exhaust of a car is water ... from the burning of gasoline ... though this water is produced with all carbon-based fuels ... running a gas stove increases humidity ... but I digress ...

Hydrogen is the single most common element in the entire universe ... oxygen third ... pretty much makes water is most common compound ...

I checked your USGS citation ... they only includes liquid water in our oceans, rivers, lakes, and aquifers ... plus water vapor in the atmosphere ... but failed to include water in hydrated minerals ... those occur throughout the entire volume of Earth, not just the surface ...

Water can be created with combustion ... about 40% by mass of tail pipe exhaust of a car is water ... from the burning of gasoline ... though this water is produced with all carbon-based fuels ... running a gas stove increases humidity ... but I digress ...
I agree that water is created with combustion, as in the burning of hydrogen and oxygen. Even the white trail coming from the exhaust of jet engines is frozen water crystals.

The above does not explain this----
Our planet contains 332.5 million cubic miles of water.

That is a lot of “combustion", to say the least.

I agree that water is created with combustion, as in the burning of hydrogen and oxygen. Even the white trail coming from the exhaust of jet engines is frozen water crystals.

The above does not explain this----
Our planet contains 332.5 million cubic miles of water.

That is a lot of “combustion", to say the least.

Yes ... a lot of combustion ... an individual supernova produces ≈ 10^46 joules of energy ... a mole of moles of energy as it were ... enough energy to form plutonium and uranium ... and enough to form all the water in the solar system ...

And again you're not reading the USGS website close enough ... 330 million mi^3 of liquid water on our surface ... that doesn't include the water of hydration found throughout the Earth's volume ... so maybe closer to a billion cubic miles of water on Earth ... less than 1/3 the volume of the Moon ... that's not very much water, not very much a'tall ...

Again ... 10^46 joules ... even I have to say that's a lot of energy ... and so should you ...

What, millions of galaxies, solar systems with millions and millions of planets
We are not alone

We are not alone

The odds of Earth being the only planet with life is infinitely small if and only if the universe is infinitely large ... and it would take an infinite amount of time to contact anyone else ...

Finding life out there is easy ... but we'll never be able to study that life ... too far ... it's not unreasonable to think Einstein is right about the universe's speed limit ...

Finding life out there is easy ... but we'll never be able to study that life ... too far ... it's not unreasonable to think Einstein is right about the universe's speed limit ...
At one point in our history, we believed the earth was flat, we were wrong.

The same holds with the speed at which matter travels through space. I believe this theory will be proven wrong as well.

It is only a matter of time.

At one point in our history, we believed the earth was flat, we were wrong.

The same holds with the speed at which matter travels through space. I believe this theory will be proven wrong as well.

It is only a matter of time.

We can hope ... and I understand the gravity of the counter-examples we have ... but those seem be more about General Relativity ... the more fundamental Special Relativity seems to be robust ... it's the duration of time that changes ... seconds last much longer in a relativistic jet ... and the seconds just keep getting longer and longer so that we never pass the speed of light ...

How can we travel faster if time ceases to exist? ...

We can hope ... and I understand the gravity of the counter-examples we have ... but those seem be more about General Relativity ... the more fundamental Special Relativity seems to be robust ... it's the duration of time that changes ... seconds last much longer in a relativistic jet ... and the seconds just keep getting longer and longer so that we never pass the speed of light ...

How can we travel faster if time ceases to exist? ...
Special relativity tells us that time does not pass for photons.

Forum List

Back