I had to make an emergency run to Best Buy last night

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
One of our HDTV Tube TVs went out and the kids couldn't watch the Disney Channel.

OH THE HUMANITY!

I replaced it with a Samsung 37" LCD HDTV Model LN37B650T1F so all is better now.

Disaster averted.

cat-saying-hooray.jpg

Were they watching 'Starstruck'? That's what my 13 yr old was watching . . . ok and me too. All the teeny boppers think Sterling Knight is a cutie!

One of our HDTV Tube TVs went out and the kids couldn't watch the Disney Channel.

OH THE HUMANITY!

I replaced it with a Samsung 37" LCD HDTV Model LN37B650T1F so all is better now.

Disaster averted.

cat-saying-hooray.jpg

Etch-o-sketch woulda been cheaper. They could create their own Disney shows.

Were they watching 'Starstruck'? That's what my 13 yr old was watching . . . ok and me too. All the teeny boppers think Sterling Knight is a cutie!

It might've been. I'll have to ask. All I know is that it was a major emergency and I had to act fast before Best Buy closed. I finally got it set up around 9:30 p.m. so everybody was happy. Emergency crews were on standby just in case I couldn't make it in time.

Whew, just think what could have happened! You might have had to interact, play a game, read a book or something horrific with your kids.

Well that would suck! Thank goodness for TVs.

(But on a serious note, my kids are given permission to watch TV before they go to bed. Otherwise, it's homework. I even have one kid that prefers to read rather than watch TV. We're considering taking him to a counselor to figure out what might be wrong with him. And then, of course, they have to practice their musical instruments each night and I'm the bandleader.)

Whew, just think what could have happened! You might have had to interact, play a game, read a book or something horrific with your kids.

(But on a serious note, my kids are given permission to watch TV before they go to bed. Otherwise, it's homework. I even have one kid that prefers to read rather than watch TV. We're considering taking him to a counselor to figure out what might be wrong with him. And then, of course, they have to practice their musical instruments each night and I'm the bandleader.)

You don't have to justify your home life to me. :lol::lol:

The final tube is going away.

Back in the day, we had the clock set five minutes fast, because it took 5 minutes for all the tubes in the TV to warm up enough for the thing to come on. And there was the day before circuit boards when you replaced your own bulbs.

Motorola made a big deal of the fact that theres was the first all circuit board TV with only one tube in it.

I am going to have to replace my old set pretty soon. A couple of things wrong with it. The tank has begun to leak kerosene, the picture tube blackens up if you turn the wick up so you get a good clear picture, and it will soon need a whole new wick. Maybe it's time to go electric - at least with the tv.

I am going to have to replace my old set pretty soon. A couple of things wrong with it. The tank has begun to leak kerosene, the picture tube blackens up if you turn the wick up so you get a good clear picture, and it will soon need a whole new wick. Maybe it's time to go electric - at least with the tv.

It's time to replace my Southeast Asian stage for some other form of intertainment. Besides, watching Simple Jack every night gets old quickly.

naw just spit in the back of it and womp a few times. works like a charm

Does he look anything like your avatar? Wow ... I mean .. yeah. Wait, I already told you how I feel about him. Wondering ... the kilt ... underneath ... heart beating faster ...

Uhm .. yeah. Anyway, we just bought a new blue ray player from Best Buy. Does that count for anything?

OH THE HUMANITY!

Disaster averted.

Thank God for disposable TVs!!!

You don't have to justify your home life to me. :lol::lol:

Don't be silly. All men have to justify their home lives with the women on USMB, especially those from California.

Forum List

Back