I had an interesting conversation this evening.

The thing about this messageboard or any other is you can only judge someone by what you read in their posts unless you have talked to them privately outside the board.

So therefore, you can only change what you say and how you act, and people are gonna make up their mind regardless.

So do it for yourself and not for anybody else and you will most likely get treated how you treat others.

I nominate this thread for Best Thread of the Year Award with Luddly and Dave as the winners.

Why did this thread garner so much interest? Because it was real. We are supposed to reach out and understand one another. Not destroy each other by refusing to even try to understand.

No one has this all worked out here and no one has their beast on a chain. Let me put you in a life or death situation and I can drive that point home for any of you who doubt it. Peoples hearts deceive them all the time. They think they are good because they go visit a nursing home once a month and do not say curse words in front of their kids. They may have a great job,write a big check for charity, obey the law, live decently and think that is all there is to it.

They may think they have it all worked out but the truth is they are in love with their own "goodness" and therein are lost. They don't mind telling others point blank what they see wrong with them. Haven't we all been guilty of condemning someone elses shortcomings because they just so "happened" not to be our own? Yes, I think so. The worst sins are always the ones we're not guilty of. If you are feeling anger right about now? It's because this message is talking about you. Don't waste this opportunity take a closer look. On the other hand....

The self righteous are going to ignore this like a bad headache and go on adoring themselves and the people who are willing to be honest and own up are going to come out the winners here. In fact, they already are.

- Jeri

Last edited:
I have no idea who any of the people mentioned in the previous post are---and what sort of interactions have been involved.

As a poster since November I have employed different strategies to participate in discussions. Rarely rewarding. I accept all the factors that have previously been discussed.

whatever. it is the same everywhere.

Back in the 2000's in Sean Hannity's forum--with sophisticated users of technology, highly educated posters who could discuss the issues as they have never been discussed --for fun they made a secret society--and the forum had to endure what might be described as middle school cliques. Several posters with what seemed to me profound mental issues--all of that was 'ok'---they knew each other. At least once I was accused of being a troll--asked a question that was not condemned on another conservative board. The leader of the secret society---working on an oil well in the gulf---told all the secret society members 'not to engage' with me.

things like this have gone on all over the internet. 'good as it gets'--I guess so--

Forum List

Back