I guess it is time to realize that Man Made Climate Change is real, look at Germany who went back to COAL and is now buried in snow. <SARCASM>

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
MSN
The state of Bavaria is currently battling heavy snowfall. Several passengers were forced to spend the night from Friday to Saturday on trains, as operations at Munich Airport are halted, and rail lines have been shut down.
Traffic chaos has descended on southern Germany
due to snow and ice. The most challenging situation continued throughout Saturday in southern Bavaria. Munich Airport announced that heavy snowfall had resulted in the suspension of flight operations until at least Sunday noon ET.
Yeah, Germany is used to getting slow, but not this much before Winter and we still have 17 days left before the Soltice. What is going to happen when the days are shorter, and the temps get even colder during that time? Oh yeah, as our resident Ex Spurts keep saying that the Earf is warming up year after year, snow is supposed to all be rain, Germans will be in swimsuits all year around, and EV's will save the day. I wonder how many EV's are out and about in Bavaria this morning...

1701694913806.png

Are you joking? ... it's completely obvious the temperature here in the picture is 1ºC warmer than 100 years ago ... are you blind or something? ... see those traces to the left, you'd have never seen those before 1800 ...

All because of cow belches ... so STOP EATING MEAT !!! ... yeah, I'm being sarcastic if you didn't notice ...

Weather and climate are not the same thing.

Tangentially speaking, whenever I read about climate conferences such as the one they are holding now, I wonder why they (apparently) do not include speakers whose "take" on climate change is different from their own orthodoxy, which seems more of a religion than a science-based campaign. One Michael Shellenberger ( A Pro-Human Environmental Policy | Michael Shellenberger ) has spoken quite eloquently against the doomsday talk, and illustrated how a shift to Natural Gas (alongside "renewables") could accomplish everything the Hysterics would want, without fucking up the lives of working class families in the West.

Beware any movement that ignores what the majority of cogent people desire.

Are you joking? ... it's completely obvious the temperature here in the picture is 1ºC warmer than 100 years ago ... are you blind or something? ... see those traces to the left, you'd have never seen those before 1800 ...

All because of cow belches ... so STOP EATING MEAT !!! ... yeah, I'm being sarcastic if you didn't notice ...
Temperatures during the dinosaur age was some 10c greater than today. Carry on.

We have no idea what the temperature was before 1800 or even much before WWII because the climate data is very sparse.

A reliable thermometer was not even available to measure temperature until the late 1800s and not used world wide until the 20th Century. Even then the recorded temperature data was mostly confined to the bigger cities in America and Europe. The Southern Hemisphere including most of South America and Africa and a large part of Asia were mostly ignored.

We have no idea what the temperature was before 1800 or even much before WWII because the climate data is very sparse.

A reliable thermometer was not even available to measure temperature until the late 1800s and not used world wide until the 20th Century. Even then the recorded temperature data was mostly confined to the bigger cities in America and Europe. The Southern Hemisphere including most of South America and Africa and a large part of Asia were mostly ignored.

The railroad traces to the left ... before 1800? ... I'm comfortable with that claim ... 1ºC cooler and before the invention of diesel-electric locomotives, that trace cannot exist !!! ...

Carbon pollution does the damnest things ...

MSN Yeah, Germany is used to getting slow, but not this much before Winter and we still have 17 days left before the Soltice. What is going to happen when the days are shorter, and the temps get even colder during that time? Oh yeah, as our resident Ex Spurts keep saying that the Earf is warming up year after year, snow is supposed to all be rain, Germans will be in swimsuits all year around, and EV's will save the day. I wonder how many EV's are out and about in Bavaria this morning...

View attachment 867769
The average temperature of today’ snow is much warmer than even that of twenty years ago
Even you must recognise that warmer Snow is a sure sign of warmer weather and huge climate change .

The railroad traces to the left ... before 1800? ... I'm comfortable with that claim ... 1ºC cooler and before the invention of diesel-electric locomotives, that trace cannot exist !!! ...

Carbon pollution does the damnest things ...
You are confused about this.

Those proxy tracers are not very reliable and very region specific. Also, the algorithms they use to extrapolate the proxy data world wide to historical times are very flawed. It is very bad science that is just a step or two above guessing.

Nobody has any idea what the historical climate was to within the degree or two the idiots are claiming.

AGW is a scam.

All we know for certain is that China is the world's leading emitter of CO2
China is also the world's largest purchaser and user of EVs. Something that these so-called AGW pushing climate experts don't seem to ever discuss at those climate conferences is that despite all the wind, solar, nuclear and other green energy initiatives, pushing EVs and/or forcing people to put ethanol in their cars, stringent anti-pollution requirements for cars, heavy restrictions on HVAC other other appliances, etc. etc. etc. the CO2 levels have not been reduced by any measurable amount. And there is no evidence that the whole world going green energy will reduce the CO2 in the atmosphere by any measurable amount.

There are significant dire warnings that we could impoverish billions of people and seriously damage world economies in the process though.

Last edited:
You are confused about this.

Those proxy tracers are not very reliable and very region specific. Also, the algorithms they use to extrapolate the proxy data world wide to historical times are very flawed. It is very bad science that is just a step or two above guessing.

Nobody has any idea what the historical climate was to within the degree or two the idiots are claiming.

AGW is a scam.

Do you see the two parallel lines in the snow next to the diesel locomotive? ... the traces in the snow ... those could not have existed before 1800 ... it is you who are confused ...

Just checked ... today's temperatures are measured to within a degree or two ... today ... right now across the United States ... temperatures are being recorded to the nearest one or two degrees ... 6,000 weather reporting stations across the world, ten's of thousands of blue water ships, weather balloons, radio stations ...

Yes ... all within one or two degrees ... meteorological standard thermometers are ±0.5ºC, or ±1ºF ... there's no need to be more accurate when it's 5ºC different just a half mile away ... there's been accidents at Denver airport because weather is different one side to the other ...

AGW is a scam.

I hope not, this cold sucks ... just saying ... we should be burning tires and raising temperatures to mid-Cretaceous levels ...

China is also the world's largest purchaser and user of EVs. Something that these so-called AGW pushing climate experts don't seem to ever discuss at those climate conferences is that despite all the wind, solar, nuclear and other green energy initiatives, forcing people to put ethanol in their cars, stringent anti-pollution requirements for cars, heavy restrictions on HVAC other other appliances, etc. etc. etc. the CO2 levels have not been reduced by any measurable amount. And there is no evidence that the whole world going green energy will reduce the CO2 in the atmosphere by any measurable amount.

There are significant dire warnings that we could impoverish billions of people and seriously damage world economies in the process though.
190115-rdcongo-mine.jpg

Saving the climate, one child at a time

The average temperature of today’ snow is much warmer than even that of twenty years ago
Even you must recognise that warmer Snow is a sure sign of warmer weather and huge climate change .
Bwaaaahhaaaaaa......To have snow, the air temperature must be at least 32 degrees for water to freeze. What is interesting is that you cant even remember what you ate 20 years ago, let alone what a wetter than normal snow fell or not. Come on man, you are being played like a fool with John Fing Kerry(who won 3 purple hearts) jetting all over the place using his CO2 like a dinosaur fart. His wife, Melissa HEINZ Kerry has a plastic bottling business that creates 100s of tons of CO2 yet, we are supposed to stop eating meat, give up our gas grills, and furnaces, all because you dumbasses THINK ( i use that term loosely) the world going to burn up in 10, 100, 1000, 10,000 years? Give me a break.....

Do you see the two parallel lines in the snow next to the diesel locomotive? ... the traces in the snow ... those could not have existed before 1800 ... it is you who are confused ...

Just checked ... today's temperatures are measured to within a degree or two ... today ... right now across the United States ... temperatures are being recorded to the nearest one or two degrees ... 6,000 weather reporting stations across the world, ten's of thousands of blue water ships, weather balloons, radio stations ...

Yes ... all within one or two degrees ... meteorological standard thermometers are ±0.5ºC, or ±1ºF ... there's no need to be more accurate when it's 5ºC different just a half mile away ... there's been accidents at Denver airport because weather is different one side to the other ...

AGW is a scam.

I hope not, this cold sucks ... just saying ... we should be burning tires and raising temperatures to mid-Cretaceous levels ...
This proxy data from ice core samples, tree rings and flora seeds are fine for saying the climate was hotter in the Cretaceous period or colder in the Ice Age or hotter during the Roman and Medieval Warming periods or colder in the Little Ice Age but sucks to determine the effects of humans have on the climate. It is nowhere close to being accurate enough.

No real baseline past more than a few decades ago.

Last edited:
This proxy data from ice core samples, tree rings and flora seeds are fine for saying the climate was hotter in the Cretaceous period or colder in the Ice Age or hotter during the Roman and Medieval Warming periods or colder in the Little Ice Age but sucks to determine the effects of humans have on the climate. It is nowhere close to being accurate enough.

No real baseline past more than a few decades ago.

Still at your strawman ... this is funny ... how clueless are you? ... did you just claim humans has nothing to do with temperatures in the Cretaceous ... really? ... comedy gold ...

Tree rings from 100,000,000 years ago ... that's as accurate as the National Weather Service could possibly hope to be ... with that, getting dinosaur DNA from 10 billion year old amber is easy ... nevermind a couple supernovae along the way ...

Sea levels were 30 feet higher 10,000 years ago ... does this mean colder temperatures? ... the evidence in obvious, especially in the Los Angeles area ... if your blind enough to think humans effect climate, then you won't see the bench lines ... not that the bench lines aren't there, just you refuse to admit you see them ...

... because of Republimorons ... are you really that shallow? ... blaming dinosaur extinctions on conservative American politics? ...

The sad part is I'm a liberal ... and want fossil fuels left in the ground ... that's how blind you are ... Hamas is being funded by Americans at the gas pump and you won't join me to stop that ... you'd rather bitch and claim science didn't exist in 1880 ... the beginning of the official empirical scientific temperature record ... 143 years of good scientifically accurate data ...

It's the least educated who gives education the least amount of respect ...

Still at your strawman ... this is funny ... how clueless are you? ... did you just claim humans has nothing to do with temperatures in the Cretaceous ... really? ... comedy gold ...

Tree rings from 100,000,000 years ago ... that's as accurate as the National Weather Service could possibly hope to be ... with that, getting dinosaur DNA from 10 billion year old amber is easy ... nevermind a couple supernovae along the way ...

Sea levels were 30 feet higher 10,000 years ago ... the evidence in obvious, especially in the Los Angeles area ... if your blind enough to think humans effect climate, then you won't see the bench lines ... not that the bench lines aren't there, just you refuse to admit you see them ...

... because of Republimorons ... are you really that shallow? ... blaming dinosaur extinctions on conservative American politics? ...

The sad part is I'm a liberal ... and want fossil fuels left in the ground ... that's how blind you are ... Hamas is being funded by Americans at the gas pump and you won't join me to stop that ... you'd rather bitch and claim science didn't exist in 1880 ... the beginning of the official empirical scientific temperature record ... 143 years of good scientifically accurate data ...

It's the least educated who gives education the least amount of respect ...
It is bad science moron.

The Environmental Wackos use very gross and unreliable localized proxy data to make definitively statements about what the world wide temperature of the earth was before the Industrial Age to promulgate this silly ass AGW scam. This is on top of them being caught lying and cherry picking data.

Only idiots believe that AGW bullshit.

It is bad science moron.

The Environmental Wackos use very gross and unreliable localized proxy data to make definitively statements about what the world wide temperature of the earth was before the Industrial Age to promulgate this silly ass AGW scam. This is on top of them being caught lying and cherry picking data.

Only idiots believe that AGW bullshit.

It's good science if the methods are clearly stated ... and the reader is left to make the decision ...

Do you know what "proxy data" is? ... can you give an example ... not from Environmental Wackos, they don't use science ... it's not bad science, it's not science at all, it's politics ... tree ring data from the Cretaceous ... that's your claim, now back it up ...

That's how shallow you are ...

HEY STUPID ... tell me 20 acres of blacktop is just as hot as 20 acres of forest ... don't be shy, show yourself to be a complete fool ... blacktop asphalt can't change temperature, come one little one, say it if you believe it ... say it's silly ass to think differently ...

Forum List

Back