I found this 1971 Colt Lawman Mk III 357 pistol at a garage sale today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I asked the lady if she had any guns and she brought this out. She said she'd take $10 for it. Unfortunately it had blown up in her brother's hand a few years ago. It would have been worth about $800 if it wasn't damaged, but I can still get a couple hundred for the parts alone.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

It only took a couple minutes to disassemble it. The trigger pin and cylinder lock holes appears to have broken when it blew up...

cp1.jpg

cp2.jpg

cp3.jpg

What happened to her brother?

See what happened to this guy. Lucky to be alive when a 50 caliber blew up on him. Now he's back shooting a 4 BORE.

Last edited:
What happened to her brother?

See what happened to this guy. Lucky to be alive when a 50 caliber blew up on him. Now he's back shooting a 4 BORE.

She said it didn't hurt him. It looks like most everything blew out the top and sides. The top strap was completely blown off.

The stocks will fit the early Pythons.....They should be good for $150+ given the condition.

Here's a 1968 Trooper .357 I got in a three-gun deal this past November.

Pretty much the same as the Lawman but with adjustable rear/ramp front sights.

3-001-2-jpg.727857

The Colt wears a Tyler T-grip with the service stocks now.

BTW....I went to the flea market this morning and there was a guy there with his table, his PU bed, and a utility trailer full of reloading stuff....There must have been 100 sets of dies and six presses that I saw.

I bought a nice SIG P226 shoulder holster and a Lee electric lead melting pot for $5.00 each.

He got it all from the wife of a guy who had passed......Sigh, food for thought about holding on to "stuff" as we age.

Forum List

Back