I FLIPPED: Was a Democrat, now will be voting Libertarian/GOP accross the board.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
When I turned 18 I used my first vote to pull the lever for Jimmy Carter. There had just been a nasty scandal with Watergate, Gerald Ford was, to my eyes a bumbling fool. I was a hippy back then. I was anti-establishment, and especially anti-government. Also, I had little real clue about anything. Carter seemed like "change".

He was a failure, but I could not bring myself to vote for the GOP. In 1980, I had just gotten out of the military and was now a freshman college student. I voted for John Anderson. Shortly after the election, I took college level courses on government. That was when I learned the facts about the government, and how Washington was running and how it was set up to run by the founding fathers. I also got married and started a family. After graduation I worked full time and took post-graduate classes.

Education, life experience and maturity led me to conservatism.

Never once did I trust the government. Not when I was a leftie, and not today. I never felt that I fit in with the GOP, I have always been pro-choice in EVERYTHING. Pro-freedom, and pro-liberty. That's why I'm a Libertarian now. Although, I'll hold my nose and vote for Romney simply because he's not obama.

The Democrat Party? They've gone further down hill from where they were when i left them. There's no way I'd ever go back.

When I was young and inexperienced, I was a Democrat. As I matured and became wiser, I became a Republican. As I saw the world as I perceive it now, I trust no one and became an Independent, voting for the person I see that can run the country who has the best qualifications and proven track record.

lucy-peanuts-the-doctor-is-in.jpg

When I turned 18 I used my first vote to pull the lever for Jimmy Carter. There had just been a nasty scandal with Watergate, Gerald Ford was, to my eyes a bumbling fool. I was a hippy back then. I was anti-establishment, and especially anti-government. Also, I had little real clue about anything. Carter seemed like "change".

He was a failure, but I could not bring myself to vote for the GOP. In 1980, I had just gotten out of the military and was now a freshman college student. I voted for John Anderson. Shortly after the election, I took college level courses on government. That was when I learned the facts about the government, and how Washington was running and how it was set up to run by the founding fathers. I also got married and started a family. After graduation I worked full time and took post-graduate classes.

Education, life experience and maturity led me to conservatism.

Never once did I trust the government. Not when I was a leftie, and not today. I never felt that I fit in with the GOP, I have always been pro-choice in EVERYTHING. Pro-freedom, and pro-liberty. That's why I'm a Libertarian now. Although, I'll hold my nose and vote for Romney simply because he's not obama.

The Democrat Party? They've gone further down hill from where they were when i left them. There's no way I'd ever go back.

Read the communist goals of 1963, and you'll know why the Democrat party has went down hill. The communists goals was to capture one or both parties, they succeeded with one, and I think they put one hell of a dent in the other one.
Number 15.
Communist Goals - 1963 Congressional Record

Forum List

Back