I fear for Obama...

People also forget that the press was initially searched well by secret service, of course they can't always prevent some nut journalist from throwing their pen or shoes, but Pres.Bush was in no real danger.

I believe the shoe was in danger as it approached what's perceived to be a monumental screw up.

I find it rather interesting that he is an "African American" President when he is as much white as he is black.

I hear that ... but he is obviously pursuing his own agenda as well.
Born "in the US" raised by white US grandparents ... educated in white schools ... attempted to bleach his skin ... leaves his black aunt in the projects ...

I find it rather interesting that he is an "African American" President when he is as much white as he is black.

I wonder why Obama never mentions his white half or why he doesn't refer to himself as mutli-raced or whatever the current pc term is? I wonder if he'd been born lighter skinned, would he still refer to himself as black?

I get the whole 'historical' part of this election and all but . . . . honestly, who cares that he's black? I don't. Oh sure, there are and always will be looney racists but most people I encounter just don't care what color he is.

Last edited:
I wonder why Obama never mentions his white half or why he doesn't refer to himself as mutli-raced or whatever the current pc term is? I wonder if he'd been born lighter skinned, would he still refer to himself as black?

I get the whole 'historical' part of this election and all but . . . . honestly, who cares that he's black? I don't. Oh sure, there are and always will be looney racists but most people I encounter just don't care what color he is.

I'm not sure why you feel compelled to lie. Where were you for the last 12 months? Those of us who watched the presidential debates, saw Obama's speeches, and saw the biographical videos his campaign produced heard and saw more about his white grandmother than we've probably ever heard about any politician's grandmother in history.

Also, the reason you don't consider this nomination to be historic is because you voted for bush twice, you're still deeply in love with the man, and you're bitter about the election

I'm not sure why you feel compelled to lie. Where were you for the last 12 months? Those of us who watched the presidential debates, saw Obama's speeches, and saw the biographical videos his campaign produced heard and saw more about his white grandmother than we've probably ever heard about any politician's grandmother in history.

Also, the reason you don't consider this nomination to be historic is because you voted for bush twice, you're still deeply in love with the man, and you're bitter about the election

So why does he refer to himself as 'black' rather than 'bi-racial'?

"This is an issue that has sparked debate not only in our newsroom, but also among my friends and family. Most Americans see Obama as a black man, and he identifies himself as a black man. But there are some who will argue that by labeling Obama as a "black candidate," we are all ignoring a vital and legitimate side of his life"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/09/btsc.obama.race/index.html

Actually what I said was "I get the historical part of this election" but that it didn't matter to me that he is black.

Last edited:
So why does he refer to himself as 'black' rather than 'multi-raced'?

I didn't say I didn't consider this be an historic election. I said it didn't matter to me that he is black.

Your "concern trolling" is duly noted. Its also noted that you don't really care, you're just asking for partisan reasons. Stop being bitter.

You never ask why chris mathews constantly self identifies as "irish american", when there's not a chance in hell he's 100% pure irish. He's american mutt like 99% of the rest of us.

It's a serious question on my part. What is it that makes him more black than white when he actually isn't? I'm just curious.

Nothing, but of course people judge what he is upon his skin.

Shoe throwing ... really .... that worries you. What, now everyone who goes to a press conference will have to be naked?

In reality the biggest protection the secret service provides is actually preventing dangerous weapons (not shoes or other clothing items) from getting close enough to cause a problem unless in the hands of trusted people. So if you are worried about a shoe throwing incident then why do you ever go outside at all?

You completely missed the point I made.

I don't understand why it pisses you off that obama self-identifies as black.

I bet you've never once complained that millions of americans self-identify as greek americans, italian americans, or irish americans even though in the context of america's melting pot the odds are that most of those people are less than 50% pure greek or irish.

why exactly is it that you feel compelled to concern troll about this?

the point being, both Bush and Obama got degrees from Harvard

Obama his Law Degree, Bush his MBA

And as we can see, he put that MBA hard at work while destroying the middle class with one foolish move after another. :eusa_whistle:

Your "concern trolling" is duly noted. Its also noted that you don't really care, you're just asking for partisan reasons. Stop being bitter.

Quite the opposite. I never understood why some people think one race is better (or worse) than another race. I am just curious as to why Obama refers to himself as a black man, rather than multi-racial or just American. Is he ashamed that he is part white? Would he still refer to himself as black if his skin was lighter in color?

I don't understand why it pisses you off that obama self-identifies as black.

You know Red Dawn, I really wish you would stop putting words in my mouth. I never said or implied that I was 'pissed off' that Obama refers to himself as being black. Again, what I said was that I don't care what color his skin is, I am just curious as to why he seems to ignore his white half, that's all. Why doesn't he refer to himself as muti-racial?

Quite the opposite. I never understood why some people think one race is better (or worse) than another race. I am just curious as to why Obama refers to himself as a blacdk man, rather than multi-racial or just American. Is he ashamed that he is part white? Would he still refer to himself as black if his skin was lighter in color?

Why do you care? We know you're just concern trolling. And you know he's never once been ashamed of his white mother or white grandparents. You're just being a partisan troll. Did you vote for bush twice?

The minute you start complaining that chris mathews proudly self identifies as irish american, even though its doubtful he's much more than 50% pure irish, is the minute I take your argument seriously

Why do you care? We know you're just concern trolling. And you know he's never once been ashamed of his white mother or white grandparents. You're just being a partisan troll. Did you vote for bush twice?

The minute you start complaining that chris mathews proudly self identifies as irish american, even though its doubtful he's much more than 50% pure irish, is the minute I take your argument seriously

So if you call me a troll then I must be a troll, right? lol

If he isn't ashamed of being half-white, what is his reason for referring to himself as a black man? Again, just curious. I would just think that a guy who genuinely seems to wants to bring the nation together wouldn't pin himself down as black if he were actually multi-racial. If you don't have an answer to my question, it's ok. Feel free to pass.

If he isn't ashamed of being half-white, what is his reason for referring to himself as a black man? Again, just curious. I would just think that a guy who genuinely seems to wants to bring the nation together wouldn't pin himself down as black if he were actually multi-racial. If you don't have an answer to my question, it's ok. Feel free to pass.

I proudly self identify as scottish-american, even though I'm in reality less than 50% pure scottish.

Does that piss you off?

No? Didn't think so.

Therefore, your newfound "concern" about how obama self identifies is just a manifestation of your post-election bitterness.

Well the same could be said about Jews, they all call themselves Jew but I doubt that there are many 100 % Jews.

Forum List

Back