Air Force One Pilot Calls It Quits

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
CBS) Try to guess how many flights President Bush has flown on Air Force One since taking office.

It’s 1,675 - more than 200 flights in each of the last eight years.

And on nearly all of those flights, Col. Mark Tillman, 51, was at the controls of Air Force One.

But now, he’s got just one mission left for George W. Bush - to fly him home to Texas on Tuesday as the former president. The aircraft will be the familiar 747-400 that routinely serves as Air Force One, but that won’t be its radio call-sign on Tuesday afternoon, since Mr. Bush will be out of office. The flight home is a military courtesy to the former commander-in-chief.

Air Force One Pilot Calls It Quits , Pilot Who Flew George W. Bush Nearly 2,000 Times, Including On 9/11, To Retire From Air Force - CBS News

CBS) Try to guess how many flights President Bush has flown on Air Force One since taking office.

It’s 1,675 - more than 200 flights in each of the last eight years.

And on nearly all of those flights, Col. Mark Tillman, 51, was at the controls of Air Force One.

But now, he’s got just one mission left for George W. Bush - to fly him home to Texas on Tuesday as the former president. The aircraft will be the familiar 747-400 that routinely serves as Air Force One, but that won’t be its radio call-sign on Tuesday afternoon, since Mr. Bush will be out of office. The flight home is a military courtesy to the former commander-in-chief.

Air Force One Pilot Calls It Quits , Pilot Who Flew George W. Bush Nearly 2,000 Times, Including On 9/11, To Retire From Air Force - CBS News

I don't blame him, who wants to fly that arrogant clown and his dipshit wife back and forth to his real country....... Kenya. They both attended that dimwit club masquerading as a church for 20 years, they no doubt promised "the congregation", including that asshole wright, paid trips to the Mother Land on the Air Force One, baby. I'm sure the flight attendants will all be white and unattractive if Michelle has anything to say about it and you know she does........ after all, she is who wears the pants in the family.

That dickhead will no doubt smoke on it too.

I don't blame him, who wants to fly that arrogant clown and his dipshit wife back and forth to his real country....... Kenya. They both attended that dimwit club masquerading as a church for 20 years, they no doubt promised "the congregation", including that asshole wright, paid trips to the Mother Land on the Air Force One, baby. I'm sure the flight attendants will all be white and unattractive if Michelle has anything to say about it and you know she does........ after all, she is who wears the pants in the family.

That dickhead will no doubt smoke on it too.

God, you are funny!

You really should take this act to Vegas.

Air Force One is a Hell of a plane. I've seen a few good shows on it, it's history and so on.

I even have a matchbook from AF1 with the seal and everything from when my dad was still in the Air Force and got to fly alongside it during the testing of a new version of AF1. (very early 90's I think)

I don't know what version they are flying these days but whatever one thinks about POTUS Obama, he has one sweet ride. That's alltogether fitting and proper for a man with his job. I saw something about his limo too lately and it was also cool as Hell. lol

Flying fighters and other attack aircraft is a thrill. But I'll bet flying AF1 has to be the most interesting job in the service. This guy spent 8 years doing it. Whoever hires him will be getting a fine pilot who will understand how to provide first class service and respect. What better experience to have on your resume.

I don't blame him, who wants to fly that arrogant clown and his dipshit wife back and forth to his real country....... Kenya

You mean Bush and Saudi Arabia, Shittaro?:lol:

I flew some VIPs when I was flying helos. Some treated you well, others treated you like a bus driver.

Almost got jets, but typical military, they sent me on a deployment and then closed down the transisition pipeline before I got back. They would have beat the hell out of any transport aircraft.

Why are you guys making such a big deal about the AF1 pilot leaving?

Don't you realize that they are military, and military rotates out to a new duty station or retirement after their tour is up?

Get a clue people.

I just read where the Pentagon is getting ready to open bids for a new Air Force One. Boeing has been supplying aircraft since 1960 for the President to fly in comfortably and more importantly, reliably. There is actually a chance that the ugly assed Airbus A380 could get the nod........... what a travesty that would be.

Why are you guys making such a big deal about the AF1 pilot leaving?

Don't you realize that they are military, and military rotates out to a new duty station or retirement after their tour is up?

Get a clue people.

Nobody made a big deal shitface. I posted a poignant story of an Air Force One Pilot who will make his last trip tomorrow.

You mean Bush and Saudi Arabia, Shittaro?:lol:

I flew some VIPs when I was flying helos. Some treated you well, others treated you like a bus driver.

Almost got jets, but typical military, they sent me on a deployment and then closed down the transisition pipeline before I got back. They would have beat the hell out of any transport aircraft.

Why would a helicopter pilot be brought into a real airplane, what jets? Why waste the training?

LOL oh you can bet your ass he will.

These two will be soaking up the perks. They already are!

ummm willow, what about this clown?

Perks?

now flying in airforce one is a crime for a president.

geeze people.

Yeah you stupid ****.......with a whole bunch of slant to it.

Face it....you're very much a neo-con.

Poignant? No. Slanted? Yes.

Troll.

You know what buddy, your about as small of a man as they come. I love people like you who get on the Internet and call people whatever they want because it is their only mean of self gratification and ego. Understand this, not even the Internet can save you from your own miserable self.

You know what buddy, your about as small of a man as they come. I love people like you who get on the Internet and call people whatever they want because it is their only mean of self gratification and ego. Understand this, not even the Internet can save you from your own miserable self.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back