I expect Obama to STFU!

President Obama urges bankers to help boost economy - Dec. 14, 2009

This is what I would tell Obama if I was a bank. I would tell them to shut the fuck communist asswipe and I am only obligated to obey constitutionally legal laws of the government and after that you can go kiss my fucking ass.

AFTER they return all of the money they begged the money for, they can tell the POTUS anything they want. Not a word until...

Now lets not upset the wingnuts. They want to give Banks money and not expect anything in return. How dare Obama attach strings

This is what I would tell Obama if I was a bank. I would tell them to shut the fuck communist asswipe and I am only obligated to obey constitutionally legal laws of the government and after that you can go kiss my fucking ass.

AFTER they return all of the money they begged the money for, they can tell the POTUS anything they want. Not a word until...

Now lets not upset the wingnuts. They want to give Banks money and not expect anything in return. How dare Obama attach strings

Wait a minute...I thought the bailouts were bad...and now they're good? Or were they bad...then good..then bad...then good again?

Wait a minute...I thought the bailouts were bad...and now they're good? Or were they bad...then good..then bad...then good again?

They were against the bailouts BEFORE they were for them...

They were against the bailouts BEFORE they were for them...

I prefer "fiscal conservatives of convenience" as my euphemism of choice.

But--But--Obama BELIEVES that business should not make a profit. They must help the common man live happily and without sufffering in a Utopic society!!

Apparently, someone need to put Obama through economics 101. Business exist to make a profit. Without profit, a business cannot survive. When a business fails--people are put out of work. When too many business fails, unemployment rises. Banks work on a similiar principle. When banks loan too much money, they can also fail.

Homework problem for President Obama.
How can a bank extend more credit if extending too much credit can cause a bank to fail??

People exist for their own purpose and not for the purpose of others such as creating jobs. To tell a business that you must invest and create jobs for the sake of the "common good" is just as silly as telling workers that they must work harder for the "common good" of making our businesses competitive in the world so they must work harder for that purpose. An employee and an employer both work for their own benefit and to expect anything else will create the same human misery that existed in slavery.

Seriously, when I hear Obama speak...I can barely contain my birdy finger from being flipped at his direction.

I am a 30+ year small business s-corporation. The ONLY thing that gets me inside a bank to expand or hire new employees is DEMAND.

There is no DEMAND FOR my service which is electrical contracting--& until there is--I have absolutely no intention of signing off my 1st born for a business loan--so I can hire employees to sit around & twiddle their thumbs.

Obama wisdom dictates he force small businesses to take out loans and repay them to the government. Then he will tell you how to run your business, replace the CEO and cap CEO income. This is usually followed by semi-annual calls to visit the White House for a chewing out on why you should be making more jobs.

Obama wisdom dictates he force small businesses to take out loans and repay them to the government. Then he will tell you how to run your business, replace the CEO and cap CEO income. This is usually followed by semi-annual calls to visit the White House for a chewing out on why you should be making more jobs.

Where and when has Obama stated he wants to force small businesses to take out loans?

Im going to have to agree. Obama really should shut up here before he looks dumber. I mean what does he think banks dont help the community by default when they making loans and finance businesses? I mean hello?! it's their job. You dont have to tell them to do their job.

That's the problem. These banks are not loaning and we expect them to.

Expect in one hand and shit in the other.. then see which one fills up faster

That is the problem with lefties.. the 'expect' or think it is 'owed'... they are their own business/company... they do not have to do just as you want.... it is their choice whether they lend or what qualifies for their lending.... big mommy government is not there to pat you on the back and wipe your snotty nose after crying about it, though ones like you think it is

Im going to have to agree. Obama really should shut up here before he looks dumber. I mean what does he think banks dont help the community by default when they making loans and finance businesses? I mean hello?! it's their job. You dont have to tell them to do their job.

That is the problem with lefties.. the 'expect' or think it is 'owed'... they are their own business/company... they do not have to do just as you want.... it is their choice whether they lend or what qualifies for their lending.... big mommy government is not there to pat you on the back and wipe your snotty nose after crying about it, though ones like you think it is

Slow down...I completely understand your feelings on lefties and how they want everything given to them, <insert next talking point here>....however. THIS time, I believe it is different. My wife is a Republican, as is her father and they both agree that the banks that took bail out money SHOULD be doing more to help Main Street.

Where and when has Obama stated he wants to force small businesses to take out loans?

I was drawing a parallel between how Obama is handling the banking industry and how he could do the same with small business and job growth. I suspect it is closer to the truth than we may think.

Amazing how all the posters who whined when the taxpayers bailed the banks out are now encouraging the banks to retain the same practices.
God forbid the Government tries to force the banks to repay the taxpayers

and once again your complete ignorance of factual data belies your supposed intellect.

The TARP is being repaid as we speak...the Obama Stimulus GRANTS are NOT ever going to be repaid...and banks don't lend money to people with SHIT CREDIT!!!

Is this what you are clamouring for rightwinger...the banks to lend money to people WITH NO JOB or SHIT CREDIT!!!!

Once again....for those with selective memories...banks will NOT lend money unless you meet their creditworthyness criteria.....

You think because the government lends money to banks..to keep them solvent...that they should throw their lending criteria out the window and make a bunch of bad loans again??? You have successfully reached the summit of Mt. Stupidity rightwinger...congratulations:clap2:

I was drawing a parallel between how Obama is handling the banking industry and how he could do the same with small business and job growth. I suspect it is closer to the truth than we may think.

I respectfully disagree. The Fed has helped to prop up the major banks during their time of need. Now, during Main Street's time of need, they are not doing what Obama and many Americans feel is "enough". I guess I don't see the parallel, as small business has suffered under the banks' refusal to lend as well.

I expect businesses and banks to act rationally. Given the uncertainty created by Mr. Obama and the Democrats, why would a bank loan money into this environment? Why do businesses want a loan? Typically it is because they lack the capital to pay for it themselves. The business owner feels it is an acceptable risk to borrow. The point is, it is a RISK. Banks have to determine if the risk is appropriate.

Slow down...I completely understand your feelings on lefties and how they want everything given to them, <insert next talking point here>....however. THIS time, I believe it is different. My wife is a Republican, as is her father and they both agree that the banks that took bail out money SHOULD be doing more to help Main Street.

No....

The bank should not be at the government's beck and call
The banks should have the criteria needed to ensure loads are lent to those who can and will repay
We should have never bailed them out in the first place
The bank can make their own decisions on how to run their business... if they make the right choices they will succeed.. if they don't they will fail... and that is the way it is supposed to be

This post is spot on the money but I could say it a little bit differently....

lefties = I I I I I I I I I me me me me me me me me me me me me gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme......WWAAAAHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOSH

regarding "expecting stuff", hahah. ihopehefails is a lefty.

Forum List

Back