I envy gun owners (the responsible ones)

normal people don't live in obsessive fear.

your mindset is why most mass killings occur in red states.

So you don't believe in having a Fire Extinguisher around just in case there is a fire, health insurance just in case you get sick, car insurance in case you have an accident, or even Police or a Fire Department in case you need their services?

Quit making so much sense. Progressive loons HATE that.:mad: :lol:

he doesn't make sense. not ever. and normal people would know that. i'm also not a progressive. but you'd actually have to understand what terms mean before using them to know that.

While it may be possible to get gun rights restored I'm just not interested in jumping through the hoops and paying some lawyer to do it. At least not right now. I'll have to be content with shooting my ACR & M1911 on Battlefield for now lol

I think normal people would be opposed to being in a situation where they are helpless with no one else able to protect them.

normal people don't live in obsessive fear.

your mindset is why most mass killings occur in red states.

So you don't believe in having a Fire Extinguisher around just in case there is a fire, health insurance just in case you get sick, car insurance in case you have an accident, or even Police or a Fire Department in case you need their services?

Excellent point. If the left doesn't think there is a need for average citizens to protect themselves at some point, then they can take off their seatbelts, take down the smoke detectors, fire the police, the firefighters and keep their doors unlocked when they go to bed at night.

And why is Obama's family surrounded by gun-toting agents? Don't they know that a killer can still get off a shot before the agents can act? That's what they say to average people who have guns for security. Truth is that it's well known some people are protected by armed guards. It's a deterrent. Allowing concealed carry and taking down the stupid gun-free zone signs is also a great deterrent. Criminals generally don't want to die. It is no mistake that gun-free zones are chosen when they want to kill people.

Last edited:
While it may be possible to get gun rights restored I'm just not interested in jumping through the hoops and paying some lawyer to do it. At least not right now. I'll have to be content with shooting my ACR & M1911 on Battlefield for now lol

Pardon me for not being knowledgeable of your restrictions but are air rifles and pistols OK? I have a good friend in the UK who had to turn in his target pistols when they became illegal. He and millions like him have kept up their marksmanship with air guns. European air guns are of incredible quality and accuracy. Unfortunately, they are also more expensive than the .22 plinkers we take for granted over here.

I have a small safe full of rifles and pistols but since I live in suburbia, I can't shoot in my yard. (Nor would I be so disrespectful of my neighbors). I have a low cost air rifle and pistol I can shoot in my garage against a solid back stop. With the garage door closed, it doesn't bother the neighbors. It's good practice, cheap and fun.

I really don't see how it's constitutional to take away a man's right just because he was convicted of a crime.

That’s because you’re ignorant of the law and Second Amendment jurisprudence:

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

It’s therefore perfectly appropriate, reasonable, and Constitutional for a jurisdiction to prohibit convicted felons from possessing firearms, as they’ve already demonstrated contempt for the law and realized their felony conviction after being afforded comprehensive due process.

I should like to ask the millions of Americans who feel as this poster does if there should not be a similar benign tolerance for those of our fellow citizens who feel about hand grenades, mortars or RPGs the way he does about guns. These weapon systems are also essential to any effective militia and can come in quite handy for home defense. All are forms of "arms" as cited in the Second Amendment.

Strict constructionists who interpret the Constitution by the light of the Founders' Intent, claim that the Second Amendment grants members of a state militia the right to keep and bear a smooth bore flintlock musket. Most of us think that is an overly strict and narrow interpretation and that the II Amendment gives pretty much everyone the right to own a semi-automatic firearm for home defense. But why draw the line there? Why not fully automatic firearms? Why not grenades and mortars? There is too much fuzzy thinking about this right to bear arms thing.

Your attempt at sarcasm is duly noted. However, there is some truth to what you say, the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston was founded in the 1600's and was a private militia unit that owned it's own artillery, so there IS a precedent! Bet that shocked the crap out of you didn't it!:lol::lol:

I own machineguns and yes, they can be quite useful in a home defense situation however RPG's really don't have a place. the backblast will kill you, AND blow whatever wall of your house it's pointed at to bits....so that's a non starter.

Federal arms licenses for vendors is being reviewed constantly.

Boston's artillery company became subject to government control with the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

Private citizens, who are not dealers (which is under review), cannot own certain categories of weapons.

You, Westwall, don't get a missile frigate for your local marina. Tough to be you.

I suppose that if a missile were concealed then nobody would have to know. :D

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=2F111B390F60DB58D0622F111B390F60DB58D062

Last edited:
normal people don't want strangers with guns sitting in the restaurant they're in... or the movies or any other public place.

When I am carrying, which about 99.99% of the time when I am out in public, no one knows. Only my wife, my son, and a few close friends (Most of which are also carrying.) know.

Even my boss knows that I am carrying when I am at work, and he approves of it. None of the customers know.

If I were to be sitting at the table next to you in an eatery, you would never know unless something were to happen that I needed to draw it to protect my life or my family's lives. At that point, you would be thanking me for having a gun if I used it to protect your miserable life or the life of one of your loved ones, if you have any.

You would call a cop to come protect you, right?

Why?

Because they carry guns. That's why.

And while it may take up to 10 or even 20 minutes for the police to arrive with their guns, leaving the bad guy with all that time to murder you and your family and friends, if there was a person sitting next to you with a gun, chances are much better that your life, such as it is, would be saved.

braindead shroom conflating unrelated issues.

no beer addled loon should be sitting in a restaurant near my family with a gun.

i don't have a problem with lawful weapons, if you weren't a braindead shroom you would know that. my son has been taught how to safely use weapons. but you wouldn't know that 3either.

what i don't want is someone like you who uses a gun to compensate for a lack of genitalia sitting near my family in a restaurant or movie theatre. you are more likely to injure yourself or us than any imaginary "bad guy". i'm also pretty sure you were perfectly ok with stalking and killing an unarmed young black man. if he had a gun exposed, you would have said he should have been struck down sooner.

most of us don't live our lives in fear like you do.

But Jillian, I don't think you understand us at all. We DON'T live our lives in fear. We are merely prepared. You are far more frightened of us....people, who if there was trouble on the streets, would help YOU, merely because we choose to be prepared for any eventuality. We are not a threat to you. We are an asset to you and, to society in general.

Your attempt at sarcasm is duly noted. However, there is some truth to what you say, the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston was founded in the 1600's and was a private militia unit that owned it's own artillery, so there IS a precedent! Bet that shocked the crap out of you didn't it!:lol::lol:

I own machineguns and yes, they can be quite useful in a home defense situation however RPG's really don't have a place. the backblast will kill you, AND blow whatever wall of your house it's pointed at to bits....so that's a non starter.

Boston's artillery company became subject to government control with the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

Private citizens, who are not dealers (which is under review), cannot own certain categories of weapons.

You, Westwall, don't get a missile frigate for your local marina. Tough to be you.

I suppose that if a missile were concealed then nobody would have to know. :D

and yet another non sequitur from the right. :rolleyes:

When I am carrying, which about 99.99% of the time when I am out in public, no one knows. Only my wife, my son, and a few close friends (Most of which are also carrying.) know.

Even my boss knows that I am carrying when I am at work, and he approves of it. None of the customers know.

If I were to be sitting at the table next to you in an eatery, you would never know unless something were to happen that I needed to draw it to protect my life or my family's lives. At that point, you would be thanking me for having a gun if I used it to protect your miserable life or the life of one of your loved ones, if you have any.

You would call a cop to come protect you, right?

Why?

Because they carry guns. That's why.

And while it may take up to 10 or even 20 minutes for the police to arrive with their guns, leaving the bad guy with all that time to murder you and your family and friends, if there was a person sitting next to you with a gun, chances are much better that your life, such as it is, would be saved.

no beer addled loon should be sitting in a restaurant near my family with a gun.

i don't have a problem with lawful weapons, if you weren't a braindead shroom you would know that. my son has been taught how to safely use weapons. but you wouldn't know that 3either.

what i don't want is someone like you who uses a gun to compensate for a lack of genitalia sitting near my family in a restaurant or movie theatre. you are more likely to injure yourself or us than any imaginary "bad guy". i'm also pretty sure you were perfectly ok with stalking and killing an unarmed young black man. if he had a gun exposed, you would have said he should have been struck down sooner.

most of us don't live our lives in fear like you do.[/QUOTE

But Jillian, I don't think you understand us at all. We DON'T live our lives in fear. We are merely prepared. You are far more frightened of us....people, who if there was trouble on the streets, would help YOU, merely because we choose to be prepared for any eventuality. We are not a threat to you. We are an asset to you and, to society in general.

not frightened, my friend. disgusted by people who think it's ok to hunt and kill an unarmed black man but think it's ok for a bunch of armed thugs to threaten the federal government.

my problem is not with lawful guns. it's with loons who think they are the answer to every issue... well, for white people, anyway. (and no, i'm not referring to you when i say that, obviously).

guns don't belong in restaurants and movie theaters and schools. and people who have criminal and mental health issues shouldn't have them. that's not a lot to ask in a civilized society.

Last edited:

You going yo let thar silly crap stand between you and your safety?

Go to a state where they don't ask any questions, buy a pistol, load it up, and put it in your nightstand.

If it comes down to the unthinkable, shoot first and worry about the consequences later.

Go to a state where they don't ask any questions, buy a pistol, load it up, and put it in your nightstand.

If it comes down to the unthinkable, shoot first and worry about the consequences later.

maybe the problem is giving a gun to people with certain backgrounds. i'd think you aren't giving him very good advice.

I should like to ask the millions of Americans who feel as this poster does if there should not be a similar benign tolerance for those of our fellow citizens who feel about hand grenades, mortars or RPGs the way he does about guns. These weapon systems are also essential to any effective militia and can come in quite handy for home defense. All are forms of "arms" as cited in the Second Amendment.

Strict constructionists who interpret the Constitution by the light of the Founders' Intent, claim that the Second Amendment grants members of a state militia the right to keep and bear a smooth bore flintlock musket. Most of us think that is an overly strict and narrow interpretation and that the II Amendment gives pretty much everyone the right to own a semi-automatic firearm for home defense. But why draw the line there? Why not fully automatic firearms? Why not grenades and mortars? There is too much fuzzy thinking about this right to bear arms thing.

Private citizens can own machineguns, artillery and tanks provided they pass background checks. A good friend of mine who passed away few years ago owned the largest private collection of tanks and artillery in the world and quite a few of them were live. Just a few years ago there was a Soviet sub for sale, I don't remember who ended up with that.

You would be shocked at what private people own....all it takes is money.

And for the record the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company still exists and is STILL a private club.

Jacques Littlefield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient Honorable Artillery Massachusetts militia AHA Ancients patriotic service organization centennial legion military traditions

I would love to own some guns. As you all know I can't so there's that little problem. Having said that I'm pretty tired of the accusation that I or others fear guns simply because we dont own them.
I have 0 peoblems with guns but common sense dictates that if I see someone openly carrying one and I DONT KNOW THEM that it would be wise to exercise caution NOT fear.

Come on' Grampa

Get ya some

-Geaux

I would love to own some guns. As you all know I can't so there's that little problem. Having said that I'm pretty tired of the accusation that I or others fear guns simply because we dont own them.
I have 0 peoblems with guns but common sense dictates that if I see someone openly carrying one and I DONT KNOW THEM that it would be wise to exercise caution NOT fear.

Convicted felon?

I'm not surprised.

Howey, come here, look in my eyes: STFU.

Don't post if you lower yourself to the stooges.

I personally think Gramps would be a great gun owner, but the law is the law.

Agreed Jake. And it says something about the limitations of law that GMU's a felon with a gun ban but he's got a healthier firearms attitude than any number of mass slayers who got their guns legally.

And that philosophy is exactly why we're in the position we're in today.

"We're number one! We're number one!"

Last edited:

most of us don't live our lives in fear like you do.[/QUOTE

not frightened, my friend. disgusted by people who think it's ok to hunt and kill an unarmed black man but think it's ok for a bunch of armed thugs to threaten the federal government.

my problem is not with lawful guns. it's with loons who think they are the answer to every issue... well, for white people, anyway. (and no, i'm not referring to you when i say that, obviously).

guns don't belong in restaurants and movie theaters and schools. and people who have criminal and mental health issues shouldn't have them. that's not a lot to ask in a civilized society.

No one I know felt Trayvons death was justified. We all felt that Zimmerman was a moron and had contributed to his predicament. As far as the "militia" and Bundy, the Federal government turned a civil matter where they could have easily attached a lien to any sale of cattle that he made into an armed confrontation. THEY were the first ones to come with guns. Not the Bundy's. The "militia" turned out and prevented another WACO.

Out here in the west the BLM has a terrible reputation for abuse of power that go's back decades. I was participating in a BLM sanctioned paleo dig in San Bernardino back in the 1970's when a BLM officer decided to give us a ration of shit. He actually threatened us with violence AFTER he had been shown the BLM paper work from DC.

This is merely a continuation of that sort of abuse.

maybe the problem is giving a gun to people with certain backgrounds. i'd think you aren't giving him very good advice.

That's what I would do if I were him and lived on constant fear for my life.

Either that, or move to a better neighborhood.

That's what I would do if I were him and lived in fear for my life.

Either that or move to a better neighborhood.

normal people don't want strangers with guns sitting in the restaurant they're in... or the movies or any other public place.

Speak for yourself. Doesnt bother me one bit.

Speak for yourself. Doesnt bother me one bit.

She did say "normal people"...

In Missouri many black powder guns are not considered firearms under state or federal law.

This allows felons to hunt and protect themselves.
Convicted felons are prohibited from possessing firearms. But the legal definitions of what is and what isn't a "firearm" allow criminals to obtain black powder guns. And after talking with prosecutors, Smith can't find a legal reason to keep the man from owning the weapon.

Federal and Missouri laws define "firearm" to include a weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by an explosive. However, antique firearms manufactured in or before 1898 and modern replicas using an antique form of ignition such as matchlock, flintlock or percussion cap are not subject to regulation as firearms.

seMissourian.com: Local News: Loophole lets felons own certain firearms (01/05/04)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back