I dumped my Benadryl, went with Allegra

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Talked to my pharmacist the other day and said I heard Benadryl is bad shit (someone here was talking about it but I don't remember which thread) and the pharma dude said "yep. That person is correct. Take allegra or zyrsomething (can't remember the name of the drug). It won't fuck up yer brain".

So I bought Allegra. Meanwhile, saw this today in AOL news:

Allergy medications may cause brain damage, increase dementia risk because of course they can

More than 400 participants, with an average age of 73, were given memory and cognitive tests, PET scans and MRI scans.

Participants who were taking anticholinergic drugs didn't do as well on memory tests and had lower levels of brain activity than those who weren't.

A researcher told CNN, "Given all the research evidence, physicians might want to consider alternatives to anticholinergic medications, if available, when working with older patients."

Talked to my pharmacist the other day and said I heard Benadryl is bad shit (someone here was talking about it but I don't remember which thread) and the pharma dude said "yep. That person is correct. Take allegra or zyrsomething (can't remember the name of the drug). It won't fuck up yer brain".

Allergy medications may cause brain damage, increase dementia risk because of course they can

More than 400 participants, with an average age of 73, were given memory and cognitive tests, PET scans and MRI scans.

Participants who were taking anticholinergic drugs didn't do as well on memory tests and had lower levels of brain activity than those who weren't.

A researcher told CNN, "Given all the research evidence, physicians might want to consider alternatives to anticholinergic medications, if available, when working with older patients."
Hope you feel better.....

We have that stuff here. We had one called sudafed. It was made of sudoephedrene. Bikers used to use it to make speed(Australia has always been atrociuos for recreational drugs). My friend and I used to pop dozens at a time. It was harsh on the tummy though and we stopped.

Hope you feel better.....
I feel fine. Except for sneezing constantly due to spring allergies which will cease once all that new growth gets done, lol.

That was moi, Gracie. I'm so glad you talked to your pharmacist and dumped that stuff, it's just not worth the risk IMHO :clap2:

I couldn't remember the thread or who said it. Thanks for reminding me. :)

We have that stuff here. We had one called sudafed. It was made of sudoephedrene. Bikers used to use it to make speed(Australia has always been atrociuos for recreational drugs). My friend and I used to pop dozens at a time. It was harsh on the tummy though and we stopped.
Pseudoephedrine is sort of regulated here in the US. IIRC it was snuck into the Patriot Act IIRC. You have to show an ID to buy it. It is used to make crank, meth, speed or whatever streetname you choose to call it.

Producing meth in the USA can result in a long prison time.

Forum List

Back