I Don't Understand Anyone Who Opposes The New Law

Sure profiling can be a bad thing and can be abused by some and possibly also make some people uncomfortable because of the generalization when it comes to who looks like they could be illegal or not....

But, how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

I dont care about racial profiling at all.. But I do care about violation of peoples' rights.

Even though I like the premise of the Arizona law, I cannot support it because it is unconstitutional. Im a caucasian male, and yet the law could theoretically have me arrested for failing to produce my papers even if Im minding my own business walking down a public sidewalk.

Then you must not support the Fed law since this bill only mirrors that law. 2 questions have been asked and not answered relating to the Fed law v the Az law:

1. What can any Arizona law enforcement official do under the Arizona immigration law that a federal law enforcement official cannot already do?

2. What requirement does the Arizona law place on any non-citizen living in Arizona that federal law does already not place on any non-citizen living elsewhere in the United States?

Also, I urge you to read the bill (only about 10 pages) because no where in it states that one has to randomly shows their "papers" if they are "minding their own business". In the bill, they will be questioned about paperwork if stopped while being involved in a crime. This is just more false info, the same as Obama using the ice cream parlor analogy. It seems the incorrect info comes all the way from the top.

Tell me , how is racial profiling "BAD"?
Because it is selecting people for suspicion based solely on their race and not based on anything that has to do with any particular offense. And it's bad math.

Another falsehood. The bill clearly states that you will only be "selected" (to use your word). if you are involved in the commission of a crime whether it is speeding or robbery. You will then be asked for proper paperwork so there is nothing random or racially profiling to get to the initial stop.
I realize this seems to be all emotion for many but I urge you to Please read the bill people so this misinformation will not continue.

...how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

The AZ isn't nice. Surely you must be aware that effectiveness isn't nearly as important as making sure no 1 is inconvenienced or embarrassed.

It is a good idea to get all the illegal immigrants out of this country, but we have to find another way for doing that. Racial profiling is not the answer!

Can you show evidence that this AZ will or has used racial profiling? If you had read the bill, which it's clear you haven't it specifically states:

"A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona constitution."

Tell me , how is racial profiling "BAD"?
Because it is selecting people for suspicion based solely on their race and not based on anything that has to do with any particular offense. And it's bad math.

Another falsehood.
What specifically in my post is false?

The bill clearly states that you will only be "selected" (to use your word). if you are involved in the commission of a crime whether it is speeding or robbery.
I never said anything different. In fact I didn't mention the bill at all. I was answering the question about why racial profiling is wrong.

I realize this seems to be all emotion for many but I urge you to Please read the bill people so this misinformation will not continue.

Please read people's posts before you respond to them. I spread no information about the bill because I wasn't talking about the bill...I was talking about racial profiling.

Another falsehood.

The bill clearly states that you will only be "selected" (to use your word). if you are involved in the commission of a crime whether it is speeding or robbery.
I never said anything different. In fact I didn't mention the bill at all. I was answering the question about why racial profiling is wrong.

Please read people's posts before you respond to them. I spread no information about the bill because I wasn't talking about the bill...I was talking about racial profiling.

Then what is the "IT"you were refering to in your post when you state "Because it is selecting people for suspicion based solely on their race and not based on anything that has to do with any particular offense". looked like to me you were referring to the bill, if not, my apologies. BTW the OP is about the Az bill.

Another falsehood.

Then what is the "IT"you were refering to in your post when you state "Because it is selecting people for suspicion based solely on their race and not based on anything that has to do with any particular offense". looked like to me you were referring to the bill, if not, my apologies. BTW the OP is about the Az bill.

The "IT" is "racial profiling," which I thought was clear since the question was what is wrong with racial profiling. Since I never mentioned the bill, even in the quotation, wouldn't it be odd if I had meant the bill when I said "it?"

As for the bill, while it does not explicitly allow racial profiling, neither does it explicitly prohibit it.

Sure profiling can be a bad thing and can be abused by some and possibly also make some people uncomfortable because of the generalization when it comes to who looks like they could be illegal or not....

But, how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

I fail to see how they are a burden to our society. They come here to work.

Hey stupid read this, Illegal immigrants take $1.6 billion from Arizona's education system, $694.8 million from health care services, $339.7 million in law enforcement and court costs, $85.5 million in welfare costs and $155.4 million in other general costs.

Hey stupid read this, Illegal immigrants take $1.6 billion from Arizona's education system, $694.8 million from health care services, $339.7 million in law enforcement and court costs, $85.5 million in welfare costs and $155.4 million in other general costs.

Don't try to muddle up the left's emotional B.S. with facts. They are immune to facts anyway. They just want to spew the lies. You know, illegal immigration is all about jobs, and it's just going to hurt the children, it's all about the children. That's the liberal way, no facts, just emotion.

Rick

2010-05-21-digest-cartoon-1.jpg

Another falsehood.

And WHY, precisely, are you talking about racial profiling? In case you hadn't noticed, this thread is about SB 1070, so if you're not talking about racial profiling in connection to that, why talk about it HERE at all?

The "IT" is "racial profiling," which I thought was clear since the question was what is wrong with racial profiling. Since I never mentioned the bill, even in the quotation, wouldn't it be odd if I had meant the bill when I said "it?"

As for the bill, while it does not explicitly allow racial profiling, neither does it explicitly prohibit it.

Yeah, it does.

I am so damned sick and tired of people up north peddling this Disney fantasy of happy little brown people, wandering across the border - no doubt singing "Zippa Dee Doo Da" as they come - just looking for jobs. If that were the case, they wouldn't be sucking our social service systems dry, not to mention crowding our jails and prisons.

Excuse me. The law does not allow profiling. And I have no problem with the law and have faith in those who will enforce it.

What I have a problem with is those who are using this law as an EXCUSE for Mexican-American bashing.

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!

Go check out my "Illegal alien crimes" thread over in the immigration section. Then come back and tell me they are not a burden on our society.

How can people possibly be so fucking clueless?

Excuse me. The law does not allow profiling. And I have no problem with the law and have faith in those who will enforce it.

What I have a problem with is those who are using this law as an EXCUSE for Mexican-American bashing.

Yeah, But do you have a problem with illegal Alien bashing bod? We are not bashing Mexican - Americans. We are bashing people who don't respect our laws. I know that you and I agree about felony prosecution for anyone who hires them, but you can't just give the illegals themselves a pass for breaking the Law when so many other folks who want to come to America are in line and don't. Know what I am sayin? ~BH

Forum List

Back