I Don't Understand Anyone Who Opposes The New Law

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Big-A-, May 16, 2010.

1. Big-A-

Big-A- Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sure profiling can be a bad thing and can be abused by some and possibly also make some people uncomfortable because of the generalization when it comes to who looks like they could be illegal or not....

But, how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

2. SW2SILVER

SW2SILVER BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Tell me , how is racial profiling "BAD"? Call me the devil's advocate. If the shoe fits...Most illegal aliens are Hispanic, Latino or Chicano. They are Mexicans, and they aren’t shy about it. Mexican cultural imperialism, that’s what it is. Like the 800 lb gorilla in the room, all these social reform advocates want us to pretend we don’t notice.

3. Big-A-

Big-A- Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I completely agree.

4. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Well, in this case, since a huge proportion of our LEGAL population is Mexican, it isn't much of an elimination tool all by itself.

5. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Legal Mexicans who will be asked for their paperz. They will look just as illegal until they produce them and that is not the America I know.

6. Mike Mitrosky

Mike Mitrosky Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I dont care about racial profiling at all.. But I do care about violation of peoples' rights.

Even though I like the premise of the Arizona law, I cannot support it because it is unconstitutional. Im a caucasian male, and yet the law could theoretically have me arrested for failing to produce my papers even if Im minding my own business walking down a public sidewalk.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    And exactly how do you figure THAT? And while you're at it, I'd be fascinated to hear how you get "Unconstitutional" out of something that was very carefully crafted with that very opposing argument in mind.

8. Paul_AZ

Paul_AZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    There is nothing wrong with the law it is molded along the lines of federal immigration law. Read the law, you will see that media and special interest groups have greatly distorted it's intent. I can't post a link to the version of the Bill that the Arizona governor signed. I'm still working on that 15 posts before I can post a link rule. As soon as I get it out of the way I'll be back and post that link.

9. Paul_AZ

Paul_AZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Here is that link to Bill 1070 that the Arizona Governor signed last moth. At the top of the page it will tell you what the colored text is all about. She sent it back once for changes before she would sign it. HERE

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    That's not true. If it was true, I would agree with you. Seems to me, you've been misled by the media.... The media misleading people.... that's something that doesn't happen much... except that it does happen every day.