I Don't Understand Anyone Who Opposes The New Law

[
B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY
21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE
25 PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
26 PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Whats wrong with it? Especially line 22, if the person doesn't speak a lick of english and has no proof of identification on him then I see nothing wrong with police taking extra steps to prove he/she is legal to be in our country. As someone has already pointed out on this thread just because they use the term "papers" doesn't mean they have to track down a carbon copy of the the person's naturalization papers.
As for the rest of your post, are you talking about the Trucker?
Well, because basically for any lawful contact you need probable cause.. Reasonable suspicion is some subjective misnomer. To me, anything is unreasonable unless somebody has a warrant.

Who decides whats unreasonable? The police... no good.. and no matter how many people can justify it; its still a violation..

Now perhaps this has changed in the new law; perhaps not. Ill have to go thru it...

But I dont let people tell me its legal just because they want to see the illegals go home anymore than I let people tell me its ILLegal because theyre offended by racial profiling.

Well, apparently you let people tell you it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL without even bothering to read it, so you're not impressing anyone with how measured and thoughtful you are, if that was your plan. Here's a thought: why don't you shut your flapping cakehole either way until you've actually READ the freaking thing. :eusa_hand:

No.. not because it doesnt fit my ideology.. because it doesnt fit the constitution.

The founding fathers would be ashamed at us for what we're putting up with.

So now you're speaking for the founding fathers? What are you some kind of clairvoyant?

Have you ever read the constitution or the declaration of independence?

Theyre not written in Chinese. Theyre in English. Just read them.

IMO the main problem we have as Americans is that we get bombarded by so much bullshit from everybody.. TV, Radio, Newspapers, political pundits, spin doctors, bullshit politicians who lie, cheat and steal.

I tell everybody the same thing. Just unplug themselves from all media exposure for a week. Then go back and listen. You will find your critical thinking ability greatly improved.

Yes I've read them I have a copy of both right here at my desk courtesy of the Heritage Foundation. And I'd like you to read Article 4 Section 4 of the US constitution.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the Congressional power to regulate naturalization, in Article 1, Section 8, includes the power to regulate immigration (see, Hampton v. Mow Sun Wong, 426 U.S. 88 [1976]).

Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

So now you're speaking for the founding fathers? What are you some kind of clairvoyant?

IMO the main problem we have as Americans is that we get bombarded by so much bullshit from everybody.. TV, Radio, Newspapers, political pundits, spin doctors, bullshit politicians who lie, cheat and steal.

I tell everybody the same thing. Just unplug themselves from all media exposure for a week. Then go back and listen. You will find your critical thinking ability greatly improved.

Yes I've read them I have a copy of both right here at my desk courtesy of the Heritage Foundation. And I'd like you to read Article 4 Section 4 of the US constitution.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the Congressional power to regulate naturalization, in Article 1, Section 8, includes the power to regulate immigration (see, Hampton v. Mow Sun Wong, 426 U.S. 88 [1976]).

Notice how he just :scared1:

Yea I noticed and I'm not surprised.

I don't see the problem. I am Legal and have nothing to hide. If I get pulled over I have to show my drivers licence. I have to show my ID now to buy a Airline ticked get dam near stripped searched to go on a plane and all the terrorists where middle easterners and muslims. If you don't like this rule stay in your hell hole of a country and do not break our immigration law, Follow our immigration laws and come here legally. PS if you do this you will also be required to carry your ID 24/7 while you are here, till you become a legal citizen..Big deal if you do not like it. STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!!I don't like the fact that you are a criminal in my country and am stealing services and making me pay more in taxes because you and your like are here illegally..What really pisses me off is I don't get asked for ID to vote!!!!ILLEGAL voters wipe out my legal vote!!!! COME HERE, FOLLOW OUR LAWS, LEARN OUR LANGUAGE,ENGLISH) CUSTOMS AND GET A JOB!!! Do these simple things and you will be welcomed by all!!!

We've essentially been living under the same law they passed in AZ in our county for over 2 years now. And OH MY was there a bunch of whining, crying, beating of breasts and gnashing of teeth when this went into effect here. The Mexican government even launched an investigation into our county (Prince William County, VA if you wanna Google all the heart-ache). Congress called our Chairman of the county board to testify. He shook his finger in their faces and told them this was ALL THEIR FAULT. I can't wait to vote for him again.

Same crap was trotted out about racial profile and all the other tired BS about unconstitutional etc. etc. In the end, there were no suits because they would have been frivolous. The illegals up and left, bound for sanctuary counties like Fairfax and Montgomery County, MD. The end result, Prince William county is trying to deal with the lowest crime rate in 15 years. Meanwhile the crime rate in Fairfax and Montgomery is surging. Yes it made the housing crisis worse here, but it's a good trade off. Low crime, less over crowding in school and emergency rooms.

How do the cops do it? If they stop you for doing something wrong, they ask to see your "Real ID" Virginia driver's license. If you don't have one, you have some 'splaining to do.

If one is required by law to carry a driver's license when driving; if one is required by law to have in your possession proof of auto insurance; if one is required by law to have in your possession proof of car ownership; if one is required by FEDERAL Law, when a legal resident, to carry proof of legal residency.....what in holy heck is the problem????? Does any of the above infringe on our civil liberties?

IM a legal resident. I was born here. Im a citizen.

I do not have to carry any sort of proof on me.

Neither does anybody else who was born here - worry only if you entered this country without permission aka ILLEGALLY.

BTW - if you are a LEGAL resident of this country - you MUST carry your 'green' card with you - and that is by FEDERAL law!!! AZ did not make this up.

There was a discussion about this on this board "papers" is actually an old-fashioned term in this computer era. Police can check data bases as well if someone is not carrying their license or other form of ID. And all you need is one of several acceptable forms of ID. There are plenty of illegals with licenses. They will still be safe from the big, bad police - unless they are committing another crime - which is why people will be stopped in the first place.

Also - there are stiff penalties for police who overstep their authority. That in and of itself should prevent profiling.

As for the OP - opponents are few. They just have really big mouths.

It has already happened. A Drivers license wasnt enough and the cops demanded a guys birth certificate.. he told them it was home, so they arrested him.

the arizona law is illegal

Prove it.
heres the video... news story is from 0:41 to about 2:30

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knv6nDZX1mc]YouTube - 4409 -- Arrested over Arizona's Real I.D. Paper's Please SB1070 bill[/ame]

[

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Whats wrong with it? Especially line 22, if the person doesn't speak a lick of english and has no proof of identification on him then I see nothing wrong with police taking extra steps to prove he/she is legal to be in our country. As someone has already pointed out on this thread just because they use the term "papers" doesn't mean they have to track down a carbon copy of the the person's naturalization papers.
As for the rest of your post, are you talking about the Trucker?
Well, because basically for any lawful contact you need probable cause.. Reasonable suspicion is some subjective misnomer. To me, anything is unreasonable unless somebody has a warrant.

Who decides whats unreasonable? The police... no good.. and no matter how many people can justify it; its still a violation..

Now perhaps this has changed in the new law; perhaps not. Ill have to go thru it...

But I dont let people tell me its legal just because they want to see the illegals go home anymore than I let people tell me its ILLegal because theyre offended by racial profiling.

Well, apparently you let people tell you it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL without even bothering to read it, so you're not impressing anyone with how measured and thoughtful you are, if that was your plan. Here's a thought: why don't you shut your flapping cakehole either way until you've actually READ the freaking thing. :eusa_hand:

Look idiot... the original SB1070 I read.. its clearly unconstitutional...

The new amended SB1070 is constitutional.. I just read that as well.

Theres a difference.

Yea I noticed and I'm not surprised.

geez guys its only been like 90 mins since you last heard from him.....maybe the guy had to go to work....or someplace else.....some of us do leave the boards once in a while....:eusa_eh:

Thanks Harry.. Thats exactly what happened.. work and lunch actually...

This is why I barely post here... This place is so busy just posting in one thread is like a full time job...

It has already happened. A Drivers license wasnt enough and the cops demanded a guys birth certificate.. he told them it was home, so they arrested him.

the arizona law is illegal

Prove it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knv6nDZX1mc]YouTube - 4409 -- Arrested over Arizona's Real I.D. Paper's Please SB1070 bill[/ame]
It would be nice if SOME people up here could actually figure out the difference between "arrested" and "detained".

If one is required by law to carry a driver's license when driving; if one is required by law to have in your possession proof of auto insurance; if one is required by law to have in your possession proof of car ownership; if one is required by FEDERAL Law, when a legal resident, to carry proof of legal residency.....what in holy heck is the problem????? Does any of the above infringe on our civil liberties?

IM a legal resident. I was born here. Im a citizen.

I do not have to carry any sort of proof on me.

Neither does anybody else who was born here - worry only if you entered this country without permission aka ILLEGALLY.

The point Im making is that unless Im involved in a crime, or somebody has issued a warrant because of my involvement of a crime, no cop is allowed to ask for my identification.

Well they can ask, but I dont have to show it.

Prove it.

It would be nice if SOME people up here could actually figure out the difference between "arrested" and "detained".

Thats a nice spin eh? Guess the cops can just slap handcuffs on you next time you dont carry your birth certificate around in your car with you huh?

Youd stand for something like that? really?

Thats a nice spin eh? Guess the cops can just slap handcuffs on you next time you dont carry your birth certificate around in your car with you huh?

The cuffs are protocol. It's for the protection of the officers.

So tell me, was this guy charged with anything?

Did they verify his citizenship and release him. Or did they toss him in jail and throw away the key?

LMAO!

Did they verify his citizenship and release him. Or did they toss him in jail and throw away the key?

LMAO!

Does that make it legal if they let him go? Do you want to be going out to a dinner party with your wife and get pulled over for a traffic stop only to have a cop demand your birth certificate and when you cant produce it (because its home) he DETAINS you in handcuffs until you get some relative or friend to come down and show them your birth certificate??

I mean really.. This is silly.

LMAO!

Does that make it legal if they let him go? Do you want to be going out to a dinner party with your wife and get pulled over for a traffic stop only to have a cop demand your birth certificate and when you cant produce it (because its home) he DETAINS you in handcuffs until you get some relative or friend to come down and show them your birth certificate??

I mean really.. This is silly.
If they let him go, then obviously the law worked as designed.

And no, if there is reasonable suspicion that I may be here illegally I have no problem with the cops doing their jobs. If I give answers that don't jibe, the cops should investigate further.

Fact is, you have no idea what actually happened.

Forum List

Back