I Don't Understand Anyone Who Opposes The New Law

Sure profiling can be a bad thing and can be abused by some and possibly also make some people uncomfortable because of the generalization when it comes to who looks like they could be illegal or not....

But, how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

Legal Mexicans who will be asked for their paperz. They will look just as illegal until they produce them and that is not the America I know.

Legal citizens of all colors are asked for ID every fucking day you stupid fuck!

They are asked for birth certificates while going to church or the supermarket? Stupid fuck indeed.

I'll be damned if I am forced to carry ID with me to walk down the street, in this land of the free....

I will NEVER accept this....till the day I die....

Oh brother another idiot chimes in. Hey stupid if you are a legal citizen you have nothing to fear. But according to federal law if you are a noncitizen you are REQUIRED BY LAW to carry your papers with you at all times! Why are liberals so damn stupid!

What the fuck do you not understand...if you are a legal Hispanic here and are stopped and you have no PAPERZ...you will be arrested!

How is this america? You are an idiot......oh and god bless.

I'll be damned if I am forced to carry ID with me to walk down the street, in this land of the free....

Oh brother another idiot chimes in. Hey stupid if you are a legal citizen you have nothing to fear. But according to federal law if you are a noncitizen you are REQUIRED BY LAW to carry your papers with you at all times! Why are liberals so damn stupid!

What the fuck do you not understand...if you are a legal Hispanic here and are stopped and you have no PAPERZ...you will be arrested!

No dipshit, you will be DETAINED.

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

If one is required by law to carry a driver's license when driving; if one is required by law to have in your possession proof of auto insurance; if one is required by law to have in your possession proof of car ownership; if one is required by FEDERAL Law, when a legal resident, to carry proof of legal residency.....what in holy heck is the problem????? Does any of the above infringe on our civil liberties?

IM a legal resident. I was born here. Im a citizen.

I do not have to carry any sort of proof on me.

Neither does anybody else who was born here - worry only if you entered this country without permission aka ILLEGALLY.

Seriously, who leaves the house without some form of ID, anyway? Why would you do that?

Like I've said before in other threads, most people over the age of 16 in Arizona drive, because our cities are very spread-out. Which means they have to carry a driver's license, anyway.

zona....the guy shows his Drivers Licence and away he goes....

And if he doesn't have it with him, he gets to hang around a bit while the officer verifies his identity. If he's driving, that delay was going to happen anyway. It's not exactly the Nazis carting away Jews to the concentration camps, to borrow the popular "non-comparison" we keep hearing from the left.

And if he doesn't have it with him, he gets to hang around a bit while the officer verifies his identity. If he's driving, that delay was going to happen anyway. It's not exactly the Nazis carting away Jews to the concentration camps, to borrow the popular "non-comparison" we keep hearing from the left.

That seems to be the first thing they'll scream when the police are only do the job they igned up for. To use "It's just like Nazi Germany" is not only disrespecting our fine men and women of the police department but also shows they have little knowledge of the autrocities that the Nazis did commit.
Also if this law is a problem for Hispanic(or any) immigrant then they should try to become naturilzed by another country. I hear Canada is nice this time of year.

Legal Mexicans who will be asked for their paperz. They will look just as illegal until they produce them and that is not the America I know.

Legal citizens of all colors are asked for ID every fucking day you stupid fuck!

They are asked for birth certificates while going to church or the supermarket? Stupid fuck indeed.

No....they are asked to produce a Drivers license, proof of registration, and proof of insurance every time they are pulled over for a traffic violation.

Show me one case where someone, anyone, was asked for their birth certificate while going to church or to the supermarket.

Yes you are indeed a stupid fuck!

No you won't be arrested, show me one instance where a legal citizen was arrested for not having papers.

Damn your stupidity just keeps on shining.

So many fights about this new Law. My friends overseas keep asking what's going on.
Found one forum rather interesting immigration.civiltalks.com bout new AZ Law

Felt like not only Americans and Mexican were involved in discussions.

IM a legal resident. I was born here. Im a citizen.

I do not have to carry any sort of proof on me.

Neither does anybody else who was born here - worry only if you entered this country without permission aka ILLEGALLY.

The point Im making is that unless Im involved in a crime, or somebody has issued a warrant because of my involvement of a crime, no cop is allowed to ask for my identification.

Well they can ask, but I dont have to show it.

You are 100% WRONG. A police officer may ask anyone they come in "lawful contact" with for identification. You can as you stated refuse to offer it, but you will also be detained until your identity is successfully obtained.

A police officer may ask a passenger in a traffic stop for identification if he deems that passenger to be acting suspiciously.

Rick

Right-Wingers Lie on SB 1070, Claim (Falsely) That Majority of ...Right-Wingers Lie on SB 1070, Claim (Falsely) That Majority of Hispanics Support It. By Stephen Lemons, Saturday, May. 8 2010 @ 11:12AM ...
blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/.../right-wingers_lie_on_sb_1070_c.php - Cached:clap2:

I can do without the white men that molest and kill our chidren and our young men and women. etc, Jeff Dahmar. Timothy McViegh. Columbind shooters, etc. KKK, shin heads, white supermacist, aryan nation,
A world without white men?:clap2:

wrong post, meant for Amanda.

Last edited:

The point Im making is that unless Im involved in a crime, or somebody has issued a warrant because of my involvement of a crime, no cop is allowed to ask for my identification.

You are 100% WRONG. A police officer may ask anyone they come in "lawful contact" with for identification. You can as you stated refuse to offer it, but you will also be detained until your identity is successfully obtained.

A police officer may ask a passenger in a traffic stop for identification if he deems that passenger to be acting suspiciously.

Rick

No you won't. It goes like this:

Me: Walking down the street on my way to an appointment. Not doing anything remotely illegal nor are there any wants or warrants for my arrest.

Police: Standing on the street waiting for a crime to occur.

Me: Walk past police

Police: "Hey, stop for a second sir."

Me: Stopping, turning around, "Yes, officer. Can I help you."

Police: "Yes, I need to see your drivers license."

Me: Wanting to help, but also insistent on maintaining my rights, "Why do you need to see my license?"

Police: "I'm asking the questions, now show me the license."

Me: "I'm walking and I don't have my license officer."

Police: "Well, I need to hold you here until you can prove your identity."

Me: "Are you placing me under arrest?"

Police: Knows this is a term of art meaning I'm not free to go. "Ummm....no, but you need to stay here until we establish your identity."

Me: "See ya....." walks, not runs, away.

Yes, they may try to intimidate you into staying, but the law says, they either must arrest you or let you go.

Rick

Me: Walking down the street on my way to an appointment. Not doing anything remotely illegal nor are there any wants or warrants for my arrest.

Me: Wanting to help, but also insistent on maintaining my rights, "Why do you need to see my license?"

Police: Knows this is a term of art meaning I'm not free to go. "Ummm....no, but you need to stay here until we establish your identity."

Yes, they may try to intimidate you into staying, but the law says, they either must arrest you or let you go.

And your little scene is in no way comparable to what I said, and by the way, can not happen under the Arizona law.

"Lawful contact" is not what you've just described. Care to try again?

Do you have a point other than to make a statement totally unrelated to what I posted?

Rick

Rick

And your little scene is in no way comparable to what I said, and by the way, can not happen under the Arizona law.

Do you have a point other than to make a statement totally unrelated to what I posted?

Rick

Then perhaps I misunderstood what you were attempting to say. I'll take the hit for that.

I think I didn't recognize that you were using "lawful contact" as a term of art. That would be new terminology. So, on further research, I thought this line might prove helpful to people.

"For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency…where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person…"

What fewer people have noticed is the phrase "lawful contact," which defines what must be going on before police even think about checking immigration status. "That means the officer is already engaged in some detention of an individual because he's violated some other law," says Kris Kobach, a University of Missouri Kansas City Law School professor who helped draft the measure. "The most likely context where this law would come into play is a traffic stop."

Washington Examiner Article

I'm not sure it's useful in layman's discussions to use the "lawful contact" terminology instead of saying what it is until people get used to it. So, what you were saying is that if the police have made a "stop" and are conducting a preliminary investigation related to the reason for the "stop" (i.e. a traffic infraction, spotted you walking down the street with burglary tools etc.), then he may ask you for identification and under the AZ law may, "when practicable" inquire after your immigration status.

Rick

Then perhaps I misunderstood what you were attempting to say. I'll take the hit for that.

I think I didn't recognize that you were using "lawful contact" as a term of art. That would be new terminology. So, on further research, I thought this line might prove helpful to people.

"For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency…where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person…"

What fewer people have noticed is the phrase "lawful contact," which defines what must be going on before police even think about checking immigration status. "That means the officer is already engaged in some detention of an individual because he's violated some other law," says Kris Kobach, a University of Missouri Kansas City Law School professor who helped draft the measure. "The most likely context where this law would come into play is a traffic stop."

I'm not sure it's useful in layman's discussions to use the "lawful contact" terminology instead of saying what it is until people get used to it. So, what you were saying is that if the police have made a "stop" and are conducting a preliminary investigation related to the reason for the "stop" (i.e. a traffic infraction, spotted you walking down the street with burglary tools etc.), then he may ask you for identification and under the AZ law may, "when practicable" inquire after your immigration status.

You are correct, that is exactly what I was saying. Sorry for the confusion, but that is also why I put "lawful contact" in quotes. Because I was quoting the actual Arizona law about what must transpire before an officer of the law has ANY right to ask for identification.

And the reason I was making that point is because liars like Truthmatters and others keep saying that all you have to do is walk past a police officer while looking Hispanic to be asked for your "papers." Which is a total lie pushed by the media and the White House and does not represent what is actually in the law.

Rick

Rick

You are correct, that is exactly what I was saying. Sorry for the confusion, but that is also why I put "lawful contact" in quotes. Because I was quoting the actual Arizona law about what must transpire before an officer of the law has ANY right to ask for identification.

And the reason I was making that point is because liars like Truthmatters and others keep saying that all you have to do is walk past a police officer while looking Hispanic to be asked for your "papers." Which is a total lie pushed by the media and the White House and does not represent what is actually in the law.

Rick

No problem.

You have a tough row to hoe if you are going to try to make TM see the light or admit the truth. Neither are her strong suits.

Forum List

Back