I don't think this shooting was justified...

strike 1. he initiated the whole problem by being in trouble in the first place
strike 2. then he tries to escape from the bondperson [ that's PC isn't it? ]
this is a bad guy--good riddance ..justice served by his own actions

You have a pretty crass definition of "initiate". The woman set up the meeting. The woman pushed everything sideways when she locked the door and had her boy pull out cuffs. The shooting victim was peaceful and cooperative until the woman pulls a horror-movie move, then he only tried to flee.

It's not like some negro getting caught in the middle of a crime and then resists what he knows to be simple arrest by police doing their job, and then BLM cries racism after the police shoot the criminal.

If you haven't read my other posts, assure yourself that I'm all about giving LEOs and self defenders the benefit of the doubt...but this shooting looks to me like it was not justified. She introduces the gun from a desk drawer and he is just trying to escape the room. The coroner testified he was shot in the back at a trajectory consistent with him leaning out the window.

She is a bail bondswoman and he skipped bond.

She was found not guilty.

News link to follow.

Oklahoma DA’s office releases video of bail officer fatally shooting client

I don't believe it was justified either....The victim here was unarmed, trying to flee...A Bail bondsmen is NOT a Law Enforcement officer....Her correct course of action was to call police before trying to take him into custody, and informing him to surrender because LE was on its way.

You have a pretty crass definition of "initiate". The woman set up the meeting. The woman pushed everything sideways when she locked the door and had her boy pull out cuffs. The shooting victim was peaceful and cooperative until the woman pulls a horror-movie move, then he only tried to flee.

It's not like some negro getting caught in the middle of a crime and then resists what he knows to be simple arrest by police doing their job, and then BLM cries racism after the police shoot the criminal.
you don't get it do you??
he initiated the whole problem by burglarizing in the FIRST place !!!
she is HIS bail bondperson!!
She and her 19-year-old son, Justin Henderson, were attempting to take Williams, who was free on bail, back into custody at the time.

The day before the shooting, Williams texted Carey, “Gone to Florida,” .
Video of Stillwater bail agent fatally shooting client released by DA's office
is not taking him into custody legal?? if it is, that's strike 3 on the jackass

strike 1--burglary
strike 2 jumping bail
strike 3 trying to escape
he's not a bad person????!!!!???!!!

She and her 19-year-old son, Justin Henderson, were attempting to take Williams, who was free on bail, back into custody at the time.

strike 1--burglary
strike 2 jumping bail

I don't know if he is a bad person or not...Everyone is innocent until proven guilty...The fact that he is out on bail certainly doesn't bode well for him, but it shouldn't be a death sentence either?

What did he do to get arrested? Do you know?

Hollywood Glamorizing Convicts Is the Real Crime

Letting criminals run loose in society is what you want? We need a "Stop or I'll Shoot" law. It is no different from shooting man-eating animals if they escape from the zoo.

The man wasn't [yet] a convict.

I'm not really against shooting fleeing criminals, when they're caught in the act of a crime and their identity if unknown. This man was not committing a crime and they knew exactly who he was.

My understanding is if police get involved bail isn’t returned in some places. The bail bondsman or an bounty hunter has to bring them in.

Title 22. Criminal Procedure
§22-1110. Jumping bail - Penalties.

Universal Citation: 22 OK Stat § 22-1110 (2014)
Whoever, having been admitted to bail or released on recognizance, bond, or undertaking for appearance before any magistrate or court of the State of Oklahoma, incurs a forfeiture of the bail or violates such undertaking or recognizance and willfully fails to surrender himself within five (5) days following the date of such forfeiture shall, if the bail was given or undertaking or recognizance extended in connection with a charge of felony or pending appeal or certiorari after conviction of any such offense, be guilty of a felony and shall be fined not more than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or imprisoned not more than one (1) year, or both. Nothing in this section shall be construed to interfere with or prevent the exercise by any court of its power to punish for contempt.

2014 Oklahoma Statutes
§22-1141.18. Forfeiture of bail.

Universal Citation: 22 OK Stat § 22-1141.18 (2014)
If the prisoner is admitted to bail, and fails to appear and surrender himself according to the conditions of his bond, the judge, or magistrate by proper order, shall declare the bond forfeited and order his immediate arrest without warrant if he be within this state. Recovery may be had on such bond in the name of the state as in the case of other bonds given by the accused in criminal proceedings within this state.

Laws 1949, p. 210, § 18.

Here is what he had been charged with

Suspect in restaurant burglaries arrested
And had a $35,000 bond, yet skipped
Victim identified in fatal shooting in downtown Stillwater

He broke into a couple of restaurants at night, and cameras nailed him. We're probably better off without him in the world, but that doesn't establish him as especially bad. The Bitch testified that she has never been so scared, but I hardly wonder how he felt with she locked the door in horror-movie fashion, when all they had been talking about are cars.

If her goal was to turn him in, she should have called the police.

My understanding is if police get involved bail isn’t returned in some places. The bail bondsman or an bounty hunter has to bring them in.

I'm not sure what you quoted means she'd lose the money if she had the police pick him up from her office.

strike 1--burglary
strike 2 jumping bail

I don't know if he is a bad person or not...Everyone is innocent until proven guilty...The fact that he is out on bail certainly doesn't bode well for him, but it shouldn't be a death sentence either?

please read my previous posts
she said he was trying to get the pistol--right there justifies shooting

Hollywood Glamorizing Convicts Is the Real Crime Letting criminals run loose in society is what you want? We need a "Stop or I'll Shoot" law. It is no different from shooting man-eating animals if they escape from the zoo.
Sigh. The guy was not a "man eating animal", you eejit.

Whoever, having been admitted to bail or released on recognizance, bond, or undertaking for appearance before any magistrate or court of the State of Oklahoma, incurs a forfeiture of the bail or violates such undertaking or recognizance and willfully fails to surrender himself within five (5) days following the date of such forfeiture shall, if the bail was given or undertaking or recognizance extended in connection with a charge of felony or pending appeal or certiorari after conviction of any such offense, be guilty of a felony and shall be fined not more than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or imprisoned not more than one (1) year, or both. Nothing in this section shall be construed to interfere with or prevent the exercise by any court of its power to punish for contempt.

2014 Oklahoma Statutes

If the prisoner is admitted to bail, and fails to appear and surrender himself according to the conditions of his bond, the judge, or magistrate by proper order, shall declare the bond forfeited and order his immediate arrest without warrant if he be within this state. Recovery may be had on such bond in the name of the state as in the case of other bonds given by the accused in criminal proceedings within this state.

Laws 1949, p. 210, § 18.

He broke into a couple of restaurants at night, and cameras nailed him. We're probably better off without him in the world, but that doesn't establish him as especially bad. The Bitch testified that she has never been so scared, but I hardly wonder how he felt with she locked the door in horror-movie fashion, when all they had been talking about are cars.

She murdered him because of money.

They've decided to run with the lie

has learned through multiple sources that he was 38-year-old Brandon James Williams, who reportedly struggled with his bail bondsman for control of a gun before his death.
The video clearly shows he did not "struggle for control of the gun", but was trying to escape. If he has family, the bondswoman and her son better leave town pronto.

If you haven't read my other posts, assure yourself that I'm all about giving LEOs and self defenders the benefit of the doubt...but this shooting looks to me like it was not justified. She introduces the gun from a desk drawer and he is just trying to escape the room. The coroner testified he was shot in the back at a trajectory consistent with him leaning out the window.

She is a bail bondswoman and he skipped bond.

She was found not guilty.

News link to follow.

Oklahoma DA’s office releases video of bail officer fatally shooting client

Hollywood Glamorizing Convicts Is the Real Crime

Letting criminals run loose in society is what you want? We need a "Stop or I'll Shoot" law. It is no different from shooting man-eating animals if they escape from the zoo.

actually humans are more dangerous than animals

2014 Oklahoma Statutes

Laws 1949, p. 210, § 18.

She murdered him because of money.
she shot in self defense--unless you were there and saw it???????

They've decided to run with the lie

has learned through multiple sources that he was 38-year-old Brandon James Williams, who reportedly struggled with his bail bondsman for control of a gun before his death.
The video clearly shows he did not "struggle for control of the gun", but was trying to escape. If he has family, the bondswoman and her son better leave town pronto.
no it shows NOTHING like that....what video are you watching?
there doesn't have to be a struggle--all he has to do is reach for it--justifies shooting

strike 1--burglary
strike 2 jumping bail

please read my previous posts
she said he was trying to get the pistol--right there justifies shooting

No, I didn't see that...He was trying to get away....

Forum List

Back