I don't think this shooting was justified...

--unless you are threatened and need to use self defense--as this jury voted this lady did!

You have some evidence other than that shown on the video? Because the video didn't show that. According to the video shown, the man had his back turned, never saw the gun, was given no warning to stop or he would be shot, and she just killed him with a fatal shot to the vital part of the body in cold blood because they let LEOs GET AWAY WITH MURDER.

If I have a break in in my home, I have to:

Try to escape.
Try to avoid the confrontation, flee the scene.
Tell them I have a gun.
Shoot as a last resort. PROVE I felt my life was in danger.
Give warning.
Then hire a lawyer to defend myself in court why I used a large caliber, why I didn't aim for a non-lethal body area, then be prepared to be sued by the assailant's family for wrongful death.

But if your a bail bondsperson, just BLOW THE FUCKER AWAY IN THE BACK and call the janitor to clean up the blood.

How do you know he was shot in the back?

It's in the article from the OP: "The state medical examiner reportedly said the bullet entered Williams’ lower back and exited his upper chest, which is consistent with being shot while bending out a window."

I would have grabbed my 15" undertaker bowie machete and stabbed him right in the ass. Guarantee you that would have stopped him from climbing out the window and I have too much respect for another human being to gun them down in the back unarmed, just because I'm some pussy woman and the law lets me get away with it.

Informative article here...she was not found innocent by reason of self defense.

She was acquitted due to the jury being unable to determine an intent to kill...a requirement for a first degee murder conviction. The prosecution requested the jury be instructed to consider a first degree manslaughter charge, but the presiding judge refused that request.

Jurors didn't believe Stillwater bail agent intended to kill client in shooting, defense attorney says

The cops got to the judge.

Informative article here...she was not found innocent by reason of self defense.

She was acquitted due to the jury being unable to determine an intent to kill...a requirement for a first degee murder conviction. The prosecution requested the jury be instructed to consider a first degree manslaughter charge, but the presiding judge refused that request.

Jurors didn't believe Stillwater bail agent intended to kill client in shooting, defense attorney says

I don't know what the normal procedure is in a case like this, but while I can understand not convicting her of first degree murder, a second degree murder or manslaughter charge seem warranted. I wonder both why the DA went with first degree and why the judge denied the jury the option of going with first degree manslaughter.

I don't know what the normal procedure is in a case like this, but while I can understand not convicting her of first degree murder, a second degree murder or manslaughter charge seem warranted. I wonder both why the DA went with first degree and why the judge denied the jury the option of going with first degree manslaughter.

I've been around long enough to know the entire legal system is crooked. The cops get screwed over because they're out there risking their lives to bring people in but not as bad as the victims. Lawyers and judges all know each other. They are first and foremost friends on the same side because they know no matter what that after YOUR case is over, they will be right back tomorrow together working together on another case. Laughing over coffee and meeting in hallways.

It is strange...I remember Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder and manslaughter, and was acquitted of all charges but reason of self defense.

Why the lesser charge was denied in this case is a mystery to me.

It is strange...I remember Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder and manslaughter, and was acquitted of all charges but reason of self defense.

The answer again. Law enforcement polices itself. Laws are just for you. Judges keep guns in court and worry about defending themselves. They don't want to set a precedent where one of them might shoot a person in self-defense then be open to criminal charges themselves. If the guy had blown his nose and the lady shot him, they would have acquitted her of all charges, but don't YOU go try that!

That gun was in an unlocked desk where ANYONE could have found and used it! That ALONE is a crime! YOU have to keep your guns locked in a safe, even unloaded, or else off to the hoosegow for you.

I've been around long enough to know the entire legal system is crooked. The cops get screwed over because they're out there risking their lives to bring people in but not as bad as the victims. Lawyers and judges all know each other. They are first and foremost friends on the same side because they know no matter what that after YOUR case is over, they will be right back tomorrow together working together on another case. Laughing over coffee and meeting in hallways.

Ukrainian pig, when will the answer in the real life?

image%3A26883.png

they seem to do that on a lot of high profile cases
ego/pride?

The answer again. Law enforcement polices itself. Laws are just for you. Judges keep guns in court and worry about defending themselves. They don't want to set a precedent where one of them might shoot a person in self-defense then be open to criminal charges themselves. If the guy had blown his nose and the lady shot him, they would have acquitted her of all charges, but don't YOU go try that!

That gun was in an unlocked desk where ANYONE could have found and used it! That ALONE is a crime! YOU have to keep your guns locked in a safe, even unloaded, or else off to the hoosegow for you.
locked up? can you link the Oklahoma law??

If you haven't read my other posts, assure yourself that I'm all about giving LEOs and self defenders the benefit of the doubt...but this shooting looks to me like it was not justified. She introduces the gun from a desk drawer and he is just trying to escape the room. The coroner testified he was shot in the back at a trajectory consistent with him leaning out the window.

She is a bail bondswoman and he skipped bond.

She was found not guilty.

News link to follow.

Oklahoma DA’s office releases video of bail officer fatally shooting client

This definitely looks like Redneck bail bond enforcement.

Normally you are armed with a firearm, and a taser, and a baton, and pepper spray, and handcuffs or zip ties.

Normally there are at least two male officers if not more if an arrest is warranted.

These two -- mom and junior -- are a dubious pair.

But Ronnie Redneck did get them to post bail for him and he did jump bail apparently so momma and son were planning to turn the perp into the LEO's to get their bail money back.

IS THE SHOOTING JUSTIFIED?

Probably not.

Normally you would start with something else first rather than the firearm.

I would not be too surprised if this lady lost her state license.

it was strange..I thought the initial charge was 2nd Murder and later on in the trail they changed it? can anyone confirm this?

She was found not guilty. That tells me there is more to this than what we’re seeing in the vid.

So YOU freely admit YOU define what is immoral and improper by your own arbitrary standards then sentence others to death by YOUR personal decree?

I don't define anything. They were deck ed thousands of years ago by the first human civilizations even before the creation of religion. Civilization cannot continue properly without the balance created by Morals and Values.

And suspicion of crime is as good as convicted and those convicted are immediately sentenced to death? You are not Right Wing, you are a piece of dirt. You are fascist scum. You give conservatives a bad name.

Guilty until proven innocent. The only way to truly endure Justice in the world. Death is the only insurance that a criminal will not reoffend.

You are no better than those you disagree with and you will die by your own hands someday when you meet another person JUST LIKE YOU who disagrees with and kills you in execution for YOUR criminality. For if you don't believe in any freedom or liberty for others then you claim NONE FOR YOURSELF EITHER, pig.

I may die by my own hsnd long before I meet another person like me. That, or by the hand of the Government, sooner rather thsn later. So be it. I do not fear death. His invitation has been extended to my door long ago.

Normally you are armed with a firearm, and a taser, and a baton, and pepper spray, and handcuffs or zip ties.

Normally there are at least two male officers if not more if an arrest is warranted.

These two -- mom and junior -- are a dubious pair.

But Ronnie Redneck did get them to post bail for him and he did jump bail apparently so momma and son were planning to turn the perp into the LEO's to get their bail money back.

IS THE SHOOTING JUSTIFIED?

Probably not.

Normally you would start with something else first rather than the firearm.

I would not be too surprised if this lady lost her state license.
My thoughts exactly. I'm a pretty good sized fella, and I've had my fair share of scrapping in my day...but I wouldn't have taken on that guy with only junior, a camera and a firearm in a desk drawer.

She had no plan, no backup...it doesn't take a genius to figure out an accused criminal may refuse to cooperate in a bail revocation. The need for a less lethal means of incapacitation should have been an absolutely forseeable circumstance...as should some backup other than Junior, who looked like a stiff wind would blow him away.

she's thinking ''danger, danger Will Robinson''
as usual the ''criminal'' initiates the problem
these are HUMANS in a dangerous situation---you have to have definite proof to convict the woman/cops for murder

At least manslaughter.
what if he's reaching for the gun?

You can see in the video that he is not reaching for the gun, and she has a clear and unobstructed space for the shooting.
if a thug/jackass is 5 or even 10 feet away and takes a .2 inch [ point 2 ] step toward you--he is fair game!! he is dangerous..he is a threat---as we see clearly in the video of the 2 women

You keep referencing the two women video, that’s not what is being discussed. It’s plainly obvious that her son didn’t feel threatened and was gob smacked when his mother shot her client. He walked into the room voluntarily and obviously was surprised by her attempt to handcuff him. He was never placed under arrest and if such action was contemplated, should have been accomplished by a uniformed officer. I think she was motivated by money, the money she would lose if he failed to appear or jumped bail. He was nowhere near her when she produced the weapon and shot him in the back. It was an execution, and on tape to boot. Any jury seeing that video would have to convict. Either the video wasn’t presented or the jurors were retarded, her relatives, or paid to acquit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back