Was This Police Killing Justified Or No?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Activists outraged over the shooting death of a 36-year-old double amputee demanded justice and accountability Monday -- The Coalition for Community Control Over the Police and the family of Anthony Lowe Jr. held a news conference to bring awareness to Lowe's death. A spokesperson for the family said both of Lowe's legs were amputated at the knees. He was undergoing a mental health crisis when he was shot to death by Huntington Park police Thursday, the spokesperson said. Police said they got a call that a man was stabbed by another man in a wheelchair. Officers said when they arrived on the scene they found Lowe with a 12-inch butcher knife."

I think it's a justified shooting....I mean, the police were responding to a call about a stabbing...so it is safe to have concern for your own safety seeing as tho this guy may have already stabbed someone...So him being unarmed is out of the equation, he was un-legged, but definitely not unarmed..he still had a weapon..and he could have hurled that weapon at one of officers and killed them...Now if the guy didn't have a knife, I would say shooting him would be a little harder to justify...So for the folks who had to pretend to be upset that an unarmed guy was beaten to death 5 black cops -- at least you can feel better about this one.....

Last edited:
In every case of a police killing the first question is "Was there an eminent threat to the officer's life?" He's running away from them so I would say no. A tranquilizer dart or a net gun would have sufficed in neutralizing the man and he would be alive.

"Activists outraged over the shooting death of a 36-year-old double amputee demanded justice and accountability Monday -- The Coalition for Community Control Over the Police and the family of Anthony Lowe Jr. held a news conference to bring awareness to Lowe's death. A spokesperson for the family said both of Lowe's legs were amputated at the knees. He was undergoing a mental health crisis when he was shot to death by Huntington Park police Thursday, the spokesperson said. Police said they got a call that a man was stabbed by another man in a wheelchair. Officers said when they arrived on the scene they found Lowe with a 12-inch butcher knife."

I think it's a justified shooting....I mean, the police were responding to a call about a stabbing...so it is safe to have concern for your own safety seeing as tho this guy may have already stabbed someone...So him being unarmed is out of the equation, he was un-legged, but definitely not unarmed..he still had a weapon..and he could have hurled that weapon at one of officers and killed them...Now if the guy didn't have a knife, I would say shooting him would be a little harder to justify...So for the folks who had to pretend to be upset that an unarmed guy was beaten to death 5 black cops -- at least you can feel better about this one.....

Will you ever demand better from the people like you who invariably run the places where these things happen?

Will you ever demand better from the people like you who invariably run the places where these things happen?
I thought police run themselves...are you saying "liberals" train police to be overly aggressive?

Are you saying "liberals" create police procedures?

I call on the police to be better.....they are given the huge responsibility of being able to legally kill ...so yes, anyone who isn't a bootlicking authoritarian fascist should demand better from the state...

I bet if airline pilots had the same failure rate that officers do -- your stupid ass won't be on here saying "but what about all of the times pilots don't crash planes into mountains??"

I thought police run themselves...are you saying "liberals" train police to be overly aggressive?

Are you saying "liberals" create police procedures?

I call on the police to be better.....they are given the huge responsibility of being able to legally kill ...so yes, anyone who isn't a bootlicking authoritarian fascist should demand better from the state...

I bet if airline pilots had the same failure rate that officers do -- your stupid ass won't be on here saying "but what about all of the times pilots don't crash planes into mountains??"

I agree with you that police violence against citizens is out of control in places run by people like you. But you keep voting for those people, so it's clear you want the violence to continue.

This is your fault.

It is futile to assess an outcome with a snippet of a video, and it's this type of analysis that has led to unnecessary riots (many times).

Stumpy has been sent to the Great Watermelon Patch for acting stupid.

His family say he lost the lower halves of his legs recently after an altercation with police in Texas.

He appeared to be slow learner.

I agree with you that police violence against citizens is out of control in places run by people like you. But you keep voting for those people, so it's clear you want the violence to continue.

This is your fault.
Funny thing is that folks like you are the ones who vote against police reform, which means you want the police violence to continue as is, as long as, it is directed towards folks of color.

No, not a good shooting. At no time in that video did he become a threat that I could see. I guess he could have been heading at a lady with a stroller. But no, from what we could see in the vid, he was never a threat.

Funny thing is that folks like you are the ones who vote against police reform, which means you want the police violence to continue as is, as long as, it is directed towards folks of color.
If I vote for a person, what do I get? What do you get? Corrupted overpaid unions help to keep things to not change. You do not want that perhaps a percentage are African American earning a good living.

Forum List

Back