I don't care about Mother's Day

ricechickie

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2014
New York
I am a Mom, but I don't need once a year worship from my kids. I also don't feel close enough to my own mother, who, while doing the best she could I'm sure, is not a huge support. I gave her the obligatory call, and left a sweet message.

Right now, I'm missing my husband more than anything. I don't know what's happening today, but I've had a few good cries.

This is not an opinion I can express anywhere else. So thanks for letting me put this out there.

I am a Mom, but I don't need once a year worship from my kids. I also don't feel close enough to my own mother, who, while doing the best she could I'm sure, is not a huge support. I gave her the obligatory call, and left a sweet message.

Right now, I'm missing my husband more than anything. I don't know what's happening today, but I've had a few good cries.

This is not an opinion I can express anywhere else. So thanks for letting me put this out there.
Happy Mother's day anyhow ricechickie. Its really not a worshiping thing just a reminder that mothers are special. They are human but still special. I've got to give mine that call shortly and am somewhat dreading it too. Keep that portion in your heart that you know and love. Sorry you are missing your husband. Rod and I are very rarely apart. We've done everything together pretty much from the get go from work to play, with a few exceptions in that for almost forty years now.

I am a Mom, but I don't need once a year worship from my kids. ....

91968520c68ca87fa3efd187ec99458f_1194351-comment-buzz-killington-meme_191-300.jpeg

I don't really care about Mothers Day either. Just a general, free-floating feeling of disinterest in what I feel is another commercialized holiday. A better mom on the planet than mine could never have been found. I always bought and/or did for her on Mothers Day to honor her, but it wasn't much different than any other day. I adored my momma and miss her each and every day. I always tell my kids to use the money and to e they might have spent on me to do something for themselves or with their familys

I don't really care about Mothers Day either. Just a general, free-floating feeling of disinterest in what I feel is another commercialized holiday. A better mom on the planet than mine could never have been found. I always bought and/or did for her on Mothers Day to honor her, but it wasn't much different than any other day. I adored my momma and miss her each and every day. I always tell my kids to use the money and to e they might have spent on me to do something for themselves or with their familys
I used to buy mine stuff throughout the year. We never really had the set days deals. Mom always said Christmas should be all the time everyday of the year. We just drifted apart due to other issues in the last fifteen years, for one not being close enough to see each other more than every ten years. She keeps herself occupied with other things and has a new friend with since dad passed. I think she maybe feels somewhat awkward about that.

I don't really care about Mothers Day either. Just a general, free-floating feelinthef disinterest in what I feel is another commercialized holiday. A better mom on the planet than mine could never have been found. I always bought and/or did for her on Mothers Day to honor her, but it wasn't much different than any other day. I adored my momma and miss her each and every day. I always tell my kids to use the money and to e they might have spent on me to do something for themselves or with their familys
I used to buy mine stuff throughout the year. We never really had the set days deals. Mom always said Christmas should be all the time everyday of the year. We just drifted apart due to other issues in the last fifteen years, for one not being close enough to see each other more than every ten years. She keeps herself occupied with other things and has a new friend with since dad passed. I think she maybe feels somewhat awkward about that.

Sorry about that rodISHI. I know lots of gals that weren't close to their mommas for a variety of reasons. Some actively detested one another.
I was best friends with mine from a young age and would have gnawed off my right leg for her if need be. Huh. That don't sound right at all, does it?

I don't really care about Mothers Day either. Just a general, free-floating feelinthef disinterest in what I feel is another commercialized holiday. A better mom on the planet than mine could never have been found. I always bought and/or did for her on Mothers Day to honor her, but it wasn't much different than any other day. I adored my momma and miss her each and every day. I always tell my kids to use the money and to e they might have spent on me to do something for themselves or with their familys

Sorry about that rodISHI. I know lots of gals that weren't close to their mommas for a variety of reasons. Some actively detested one another.
I was best friends with mine from a young age and would have gnawed off my right leg for her if need be. Huh. That don't sound right at all, does it?
Thank you. I would have always done anything for my family but once the children were grown I stayed where Rod wanted to be and that was an insult to everyone to leave them all like that. A younger 2nd cousin told me once, ".....you know what the problem is, its that you spoiled everyone. Even my dad" (his dad was always a fav of mine and when I needed someone I could trust I hired him). I can't say I was best friend's with my mom when I was young but I was saved from ever getting resentful about certain things and I realize humans are fallible. I know she tried to be that perfect wife of the fifties you saw in those ads. She for the most part tried to be as good at being a mom as she could too. I need not go into the details on here what went down, I can say people make mistakes and they are subjected to their choices and given over to those bad choices if they are in error. In that we are supposed to keep that which we know is good in them, those pieces and portions we love no matter what goes down.

I talked to my mom, wished her happy Mother's Day, caught up, talked to my dad to boot, got caught up.

Even though I was on the phone, I have that feeling when you force a smile for too long.

Daughterly duties done.

Happy Mother's Day ricechickie.

Me, I'm glad it's over.

Thank you. And me, too.

The pitter patter of little feet around the house, oy vey!

If my house was kidproof it would be one thing, but I got bullets on the coffee table n stuff, no cabinet locks/socket protectors.

I lucked out, gave 1 a flashlight and the other a swiffer. :badgrin:

They stayed safe and entertained. :D

What does mama do? Crashes on my couch right about when I started eyeballing it.

I don't like Mother's Day celebrations either. Every year, I'd go into my neighborhood Hallmark store, pick out the lamest MD card, and go to the counter. The sales person would always comment about what a beautiful card it was (although I was striving for ugly) to which I'd reply with disgust, "yep, just here to buy the obligatory step-monster card". Got the weirdest looks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back