Penguins-Bruins (NHL/EA Sports): Video Game Inferno?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I like pitting the Pittsburgh Penguins against the Boston Bruins in NHL video games such as NHL 14 (EA Sports), simply because Pittsburgh and Boston are pedestrianism-friendly cities which boast fan-friendly sports teams, which I like celebrating with 'audience-centric simulation.'

Modern video games of course offer us great 'windows' into the 'experience' of being human.

The media has given mass audiences a great gulp of 'sports atmospherics,' and this explains the new age appeal of agency-themed films such as Jerry Maguire and Blue Chips.

I wonder how much consumerism dialogic intellectualism (as it pertains to media) will be entertained by our arguably 'consumerism-atheistic' 'TrumpUSA'...

I believe sports can lift us out of political cynicism and help us cheer on American culture with our kids (especially when sports video games are designed and marketed wisely!).

====

CROSBY: We should have played you in the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.
BERGERON: You didn't bounce up after your 2009 victory...
CROSBY: Yeah, we lost to the Lightning in the first round.
BERGERON: Well, you won in 2016.
CROSBY: The Penguins and Bruins comprise an interesting 'rivalry.'
BERGERON: People like the similar colors of our team uniforms!
CROSBY: Pittsburgh and Boston are very different.
BERGERON: As different as you and I.
CROSBY: I'd want my kids to play with our two teams without bias in video-games.
BERGERON: That's good parenting for our 'consumerism culture.'
CROSBY: Pittsburgh is much brighter than Boston.
BERGERON: Very funny...
CROSBY: They should make a David-Goliath video game!
BERGERON: Well, there are games such as Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs!
CROSBY: Yes, the Bulls were a Goliath, but maybe we can agree that EA Sports makes realistic 'thrills.'

====

nhl2.jpg

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back