I donated, how about you?

It's rather disgusting that we cannot even trust charity programs anymore. Clearly "modern living" in the "first world" comes with some really crappy baggage...

I've been coordinating with various business connections to get help down there directly rather than donating.
And that's half the problem. Far too many are willing to just throw some money at a given charity; which fullfills their sense of having helped... The truth is; that's about the laziest way to help, and it's a method that is ripe for fraud, and abuse. Giving money is easy. Getting out there and actually making a difference first hand takes a whole nother level of commitment.

Last edited:
It's rather disgusting that we cannot even trust charity programs anymore. Clearly "modern living" in the "first world" comes with some really crappy baggage...

I've been coordinating with various business connections to get help down there directly rather than donating.
And that's half the problem. Far too many are willing to just throw some money at a given charity; which fullfills their sense of having helped... The truth is; that's about the laziest way to help, and it's a method that is ripe for fraud, and abuse. Giving money is easy. Getting out there and actually making a difference first hand take a while nother level of commitment.

Yea I agree with that too. Still, some folks cannot get away from their obligations to physically go down there, but they can afford to give a few bucks to someone who can. That's kind of the entire idea behind charity organizations after all. Yeah, folks need to pay more attention to how those groups handle donations and stuff though.

Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers in Tx, La, and whomever will be hit by Irma.

Forum List

Back