I donated, how about you?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Personally I don't trust the Red Cross since the scandal a couple of years ago but Walmart checkout people are instructed to ask customers to donate to the Red Cross for the Harvey relief which is fine since Walmart matches the donation. The President donated a million dollars but I don't make that kind of money so my donation was much smaller and I found a charity that I trust. My wife's pastor personally went to Texas not to minister but to physically help out. My guess is that Christian charities and volunteers might work out better than the FEMA bureaucracy.

Personally I don't trust the Red Cross since the scandal a couple of years ago but Walmart checkout people are instructed to ask customers to donate to the Red Cross for the Harvey relief which is fine since Walmart matches the donation. The President donated a million dollars but I don't make that kind of money so my donation was much smaller and I found a charity that I trust. My wife's pastor personally went to Texas not to minister but to physically help out. My guess is that Christian charities and volunteers might work out better than the FEMA bureaucracy.
Actually they did ask me after totaling out my purchase... I left the shit I was going to buy, and walked out...

If someone was bleeding to death in the gutter and I had the last bandaid on earth I would not help them. I would do anything to help an animal and those charities I would help.

My local university is loading up an 18 wheeler for Houston. I'm going to buy a bunch of waters and diapers and drop it off. That way I know it's going to help somebody and not pay for a charity office remodel.

Donations were being taken up at a local high school football game. I donated a few bucks.

Actually they did ask me after totaling out my purchase... I left the shit I was going to buy, and walked out...
Say what? Did the hatred for the President transfer to Texas and later to the poor kids at the Walmart checkout counter?

Say what? Did the hatred for the President transfer to Texas and later to the poor kids at the Walmart checkout counter?
What? Help me out here... You sound crazy...

You left the shit you were going to buy and walked out because you were offended that Walmart would care enough about the Harvey victims to ask for a donation to the Red Cross? Help me out here.

You left the shit you were going to buy and walked out because you were offended that Walmart would care enough about the Harvey victims to ask for a donation to the Red Cross? Help me out here.
What the hell did that have to do with Trump? Of whom I rather staunchly support by the way... No I have a policy. That when I choose a retailer to do my business with; I expect them to appreciate my choosing of them over their competitors. In return I refuse to be pestered, or panhandeled on behalf of a third party just because I have my wallet out. I know where to donate should I choose to do so. I drove 1 mile down the road and got my shit at Publix.

Us too. First day. We kept saying we should stop watching the footage because we kept adding more donations. You could go broke watching that heartache.

Speaking of pino trump, has he made that $million donation yet?

Just kidding.

His donation is more in spirit than in dollar bills. Or, he will lie about this one too.

Orange slime.

What the hell did that have to do with Trump? Of whom I rather staunchly support by the way... No I have a policy. That when I choose a retailer to do my business with; I expect them to appreciate my choosing of them over their competitors. In return I refuse to be pestered, or panhandeled on behalf of a third party just because I have my wallet out. I know where to donate should I choose to do so. I drove 1 mile down the road and got my shit at Publix.

I find it incredible and kind of creepy that a person would make a scene at a cash register and leave unpaid items rather than simply and politely decline to donate (like I did). Walmart cashiers ain't your freaking enemy and Harvey is arguably the worst disaster in American history and certainly worthy of a donation even if it's to a pop charity like the Red Cross.

I find it incredible and kind of creepy that a person would make a scene at a cash register and leave unpaid items rather than simply decline to donate. Walmart cashiers ain't your freaking enemy and Harvey is arguably the worst disaster in American history and certainly worthy of a donation.
I found it insulting and innapropriate. A,d it was hardly a scene. Stick to your job, cash me out, and don't ask me for more money than I've already graciously offered to give you via my patronage. Its really not that hard. Like I said. It's a personal policy I have. It wasn't specific to this incident. I was born in Houston and still have family there. That's where my money goes.

My local university is loading up an 18 wheeler for Houston. I'm going to buy a bunch of waters and diapers and drop it off. That way I know it's going to help somebody and not pay for a charity office remodel.
Thats what I did. Donated 6 cases of water to a local company collecting water to take to Texas.

I didn't but when something like habitat for humanity starts doing their work down there, hopefully they take the money I give them every month to help rebuild. I'm sure they will be involved.

Speaking of pino trump, has he made that $million donation yet?

Just kidding.

His donation is more in spirit than in dollar bills. Or, he will lie about this one too.

Orange slime.

He's actually President whether you like it or not.

It's rather disgusting that we cannot even trust charity programs anymore. Clearly "modern living" in the "first world" comes with some really crappy baggage...

I've been coordinating with various business connections to get help down there directly rather than donating.

Forum List

Back