I Don’t Owe Unions A Goddamned Thing

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:clap2:

Mr. Parks is saying what a lot of citizen TAXPAYERS are saying..The Unions Screwed themselves with their crap in Wisconsin. they are just shining a light on them for all the People to see..

Links in article.

SNIP:

Posted on March 6, 2011 by Bob Parks

Lemme get this out: while I more than appreciate the work performed by teachers, police, and firefighters, I don’t appreciate them throwing the fact they do that job in my face.

We don’t live in a communist country where jobs are assigned according to intellect or bulk. Police officers and firefighters weren’t drafted. If you chose to be one, I applaud you but that being said, that doesn’t mean you get to tell us how much you get paid because you chose a job that potentially puts your life in peril. If it’s not worth the risk, I wouldn’t blame you at all if you walked, but this job safety-guilt trip shit is starting to fall on deaf ears.

As for you teachers, I’m tired of hearing how long you studied and how much it cost to get your degree so you could be a teacher. If that’s the case, it’s not all about the kids (as you constantly say before you walk out on them to go protest wages) but the career you wanted to get out of it. Granted, taking care of someone else’s brats can’t be all that rewarding, but you still get the summer off paid, almost all extended holidays paid, “professional” or “development” days paid, health, dental, tenure, and even a retirement package paid for.

Yet when you feel you haven’t been paid enough, you just demand more money from taxpayers, some of whom don’t even have kids (but have to deal with the defective product teachers leave us with).

It’s at the point where I really don’t care if you’re a cop, firefighter, teacher, or professional athlete. YOU chose that profession. YOU chose to accept the risks and perils that come with those professions, and YOU knew what the job paid when you applied and for all the ads the unions will put out over the next few months, complete with smiling union workers, I’ll tell you what footage was never shot and will never be in one of the upcoming ads: union workers saying “thank you” to the community after the latest property tax override and/or tax increase.

read it all here.
http://www.black-and-right.com/2011/03/06/i-dont-owe-unions-a-goddamned-thing/

Very useful point.. You are not drafted into your job, and ciivil service jobs are hard to get. Government workers actively worked to get into those jobs.
There are lots of dangerous, thankless, necessary jobs in the private sector as well. I applaud anyone who does any job well.
That said, jobs were chosen based on the psychic and financial package when you applied.

Very useful point.. You are not drafted into your job, and ciivil service jobs are hard to get. Government workers actively worked to get into those jobs.
There are lots of dangerous, thankless, necessary jobs in the private sector as well. I applaud anyone who does any job well.
That said, jobs were chosen based on the psychic and financial package when you applied.

Civil service jobs are hard to get because the pay and benefits were outstanding. When they are gutted, and working civil service jobs pays minumum wage with no benefits they won't be that hard to get.

You are not drafted into your job, that is absolutely right. If you wanted the day off you can take it, why can't the teachers, police, or firefighters? If you want a raise or keep your benefits you have the right to question, and confront your employer, why can't they? Then like everyone else you have the right to be fired, why aren't they? Bottom line, we need them.

Civil service jobs are hard to get because the pay and benefits were outstanding. When they are gutted, and working civil service jobs pays minumum wage with no benefits they won't be that hard to get.
When has that ever happened, or been in danger of happening? It's certainly not now.

When has that ever happened, or been in danger of happening? It's certainly not now.

It's happening now, the federal government has reached the limits of it's growth, we are at the apex. Now we don't have the fuel to sustain it any longer. With the cuts that must be made, the federal worker starting at the bottom is in real trouble. The top won't give up anything so the bottom will be sacrificed so the well off may keep what they have. So we will see what the American people put value on with what we are willing to fund. Air/food quality, Defense, Justice system, etc.

It's happening now, the federal government has reached the limits of it's growth, we are at the apex. Now we don't have the fuel to sustain it any longer. With the cuts that must be made, the federal worker starting at the bottom is in real trouble. The top won't give up anything so the bottom will be sacrificed so the well off may keep what they have. So we will see what the American people put value on with what we are willing to fund. Air/food quality, Defense, Justice system, etc.
That's much more general and benign than the doomsday scenario you were asserting. Which was, "civil service jobs pays minimum wage with no benefits."

That's never happened, and isn't in danger of happening. It's exaggerated, alarmist crap.

:clap2:

Mr. Parks is saying what a lot of citizen TAXPAYERS are saying..The Unions Screwed themselves with their crap in Wisconsin. they are just shining a light on them for all the People to see..

Links in article.

SNIP:

Posted on March 6, 2011 by Bob Parks

Lemme get this out: while I more than appreciate the work performed by teachers, police, and firefighters, I don’t appreciate them throwing the fact they do that job in my face.

We don’t live in a communist country where jobs are assigned according to intellect or bulk. Police officers and firefighters weren’t drafted. If you chose to be one, I applaud you but that being said, that doesn’t mean you get to tell us how much you get paid because you chose a job that potentially puts your life in peril. If it’s not worth the risk, I wouldn’t blame you at all if you walked, but this job safety-guilt trip shit is starting to fall on deaf ears.

As for you teachers, I’m tired of hearing how long you studied and how much it cost to get your degree so you could be a teacher. If that’s the case, it’s not all about the kids (as you constantly say before you walk out on them to go protest wages) but the career you wanted to get out of it. Granted, taking care of someone else’s brats can’t be all that rewarding, but you still get the summer off paid, almost all extended holidays paid, “professional” or “development” days paid, health, dental, tenure, and even a retirement package paid for.

Yet when you feel you haven’t been paid enough, you just demand more money from taxpayers, some of whom don’t even have kids (but have to deal with the defective product teachers leave us with).

It’s at the point where I really don’t care if you’re a cop, firefighter, teacher, or professional athlete. YOU chose that profession. YOU chose to accept the risks and perils that come with those professions, and YOU knew what the job paid when you applied and for all the ads the unions will put out over the next few months, complete with smiling union workers, I’ll tell you what footage was never shot and will never be in one of the upcoming ads: union workers saying “thank you” to the community after the latest property tax override and/or tax increase.

read it all here.
http://www.black-and-right.com/2011/03/06/i-dont-owe-unions-a-goddamned-thing/

I agree. You choose the job. You can take it or leave it. Free choice to stay or leave.

You know what I love. The same people who didn't want to raise taxes on the top 1%, want union member AMERICAN WORKERS help with the debt, by cutting their benefits.

The republican party, defend billionaires who ship our job over seas, screw union AMERICAN WORKERS.
Screw the people who protect us, teach us, and make sure our house doesnt burns down. Kiss the ass of the people who are fucking up our future.

Last edited:
To stay with the "dont owe unions" title...

Lol. Ever watch Little House on the Prairie?

Life in the industrial revolution before unions was so miserable folks would move their wife and kids out to fight the Indians for land.

What is the point of unions now government has OSHA and labor laws is a better tittle

Forum List

Back