I Didn't Know That You Could Get Arrested For Shoplifting Without Leaving The Store

I ran into a similar situation soon after Wally World implemented self scan. I bought three of the same item, but scanned one item three times. I just put the other two in my bag. I was pulled aside and had my receipt perused. That was the last time I used the self check. I am not going to do their job and then be called a thief.
Cool Story Old Man, thanks for sharing that with all of us.
Wow.
Thanks for making my point, moron.
^^^^^^^^

If possible, WalMart should be boycotted. It will come down to weighing the organism before and after using the WalMart bathroom. Consider the absurdity now using the bathrooms in the White House.

No, grocery fascism its evolving faster than Mussolini's minions. If a leaf of cabbage falls off the head via jostling in the basket, then only weigh the head (as you notice the extra leaf) and add the leaf to the bag on the other side of the scanner, the robot will tweak.

Absolutely true.

He was doing them a favor (and all of us) by taking the dented can off their inventory (no need to send it back to DOLE). This sort of good Samaritan act keeps prices down for all.

The product is not different if the can is dented? See the expiration date. As long as it can open. He did a good thing.

Last edited:
Target and many other large national retailers have a policy that prohibits any associate from confronting a suspected shoplifter. Target policy is for the associate to follow the thief to the parking lot at a safe distance and note the license number of their vehicle to be turned into LE. A large grocery concern here fired an employee that confronted a shoplifter. It was reported widely on our local news for a short news cycle.

Right. We all pay for it later.

Well you should have either gotten a different can and or spoke with one of the workers about that. You should have done both actually.
That's their job. I am smart enough to realize when I buy three of the exact same item. It's a moot discussion. They get to do their job as they should. I notice our Walmart is removing many and installing manned check stands.
I never use self-scan. I went to a Walmart store and when I went to pay for my items. I was informed by one their workers that I had to use self-scan. I told the walmart employee . no I am not doing that. I will go somewhere else. I left their shopping cart there full of items and walked out. I gave them something to do.

I never use self-scan. I went to a Walmart store and when I went to pay for my items. I was informed by one their workers that I had to use self-scan. I told the walmart employee . no I am not doing that. I will go somewhere else. I left their shopping cart there full of items and walked out. I gave them something to do.

I'll use self scan if I only have a few items.

Forum List

Back