I did it AGAIN

God help me - it was enough to say I bought flowers after promising myself I would not do it again this year.

A couple of my plants died untimely (and unwarranted) deaths. Not sure how one mandevilla was the ONLY plant on my deck to die of drowning, also not sure how about 3 other plants could die from malfunction of a plant food instrument, but it happened.

So I have had one side of my balcony railing beautifully covered with floral vine plants and the other side of my balcony ... well ... naked. Went to WalMart today to check out the cost of this new gel nail polish stuff. And wattaya know ... the nail polish row just happens to be closest to the gardening section entrance so that's where I parked. No sense in me parking at the other end of the "warehouse" so I could die of heat stroke walking to and from my car.

Well, I just took a quick detour through the plants and guess what? They had these great big (maybe 4 foot) mandevilla plants on sale for $15 ... and some of them had white flowers. I still checked out the cost of the nail polish but decided to stick with the white mandevilla. Now I have something to cover up my naked rails at the other end of my balcony. My other two surviving mandevillas are pink and red.

*sighs*

*hangs head*

If they bring you JOY - then they are worth every penny! Enjoy.

God help me - it was enough to say I bought flowers after promising myself I would not do it again this year.

A couple of my plants died untimely (and unwarranted) deaths. Not sure how one mandevilla was the ONLY plant on my deck to die of drowning, also not sure how about 3 other plants could die from malfunction of a plant food instrument, but it happened.

So I have had one side of my balcony railing beautifully covered with floral vine plants and the other side of my balcony ... well ... naked. Went to WalMart today to check out the cost of this new gel nail polish stuff. And wattaya know ... the nail polish row just happens to be closest to the gardening section entrance so that's where I parked. No sense in me parking at the other end of the "warehouse" so I could die of heat stroke walking to and from my car.

Well, I just took a quick detour through the plants and guess what? They had these great big (maybe 4 foot) mandevilla plants on sale for $15 ... and some of them had white flowers. I still checked out the cost of the nail polish but decided to stick with the white mandevilla. Now I have something to cover up my naked rails at the other end of my balcony. My other two surviving mandevillas are pink and red.

*sighs*

*hangs head*

Mertex ... I think you and I need to have a talk. They DO bring me joy ... so much so that I just bought another plant. I had a real need for yellow in my little floral paradise and wouldn't you know that there was this great big yellow hibiscus on sale for $6.50 - they're closing out the stock of plants now.

This is all your fault. Just like that spot of chocolate on my shirt is the fault of the convenience store that sold me that ice cream bar last night.

Damn, I think I'm catching on to this progressive "It's not my fault" thing! :doubt:

*sighs*

*hangs head*

Mertex ... I think you and I need to have a talk. They DO bring me joy ... so much so that I just bought another plant. I had a real need for yellow in my little floral paradise and wouldn't you know that there was this great big yellow hibiscus on sale for $6.50 - they're closing out the stock of plants now.

This is all your fault. Just like that spot of chocolate on my shirt is the fault of the convenience store that sold me that ice cream bar last night.

Damn, I think I'm catching on to this progressive "It's not my fault" thing! :doubt:

Every year I say I'm not going to plant as big a vegetable garden and every year I end up with a whole lot more plants than I can ever use their output! I'm sick of picking green beans, I've eaten so many tomatoes my mouth is blistered - but I'll forget all the troubles of watering and weeding by spring next year.

When many of my plants froze one year because I thought I could just put them in my Gazebo and cover it with plastic! I swore I wasn't going to spend on plants, and now I've got as many as I had before that frost.

It's the nature of the beast!

Forum List

Back