I can't believe there isn't a thread about Halo 2 yet!!!

Johnney said:
yeah its going to be bad ass!
anyone play HALO linked up to another machine? i broke down and got a cord off ebay and linked to another one, works sweet!

Me and my friends link our Xbox's together every weekend and most weekdays. We've been playing coutnerstrike mostly of late, but we used to play Halo all the time. Can't wait for 2. Looks sweet as hell.

Johnney said:
anyone play HALO linked up to another machine?

I've played 3 on 3 Capture the Flag matches a few times on two linked XBOX's. Those times were probably as excited and wound up I've ever been playing a videogame. People screaming, shouting orders, jumping around.

With online connectivity HALO2 is going to be absolutely amazing. My XBOX live subscription remains open, in patient anticipation.

The only problem I forsee is the same problem with all online FPS's, that being the existence of lag and my desire to snipe. Nothing more irritating than lining up a perfect head shot, only to fire and see the player lag-blink away, completely unscathed.

Mines already paid for in full and I'll be picking it up at 12:01 am (the first minute
you can buy it) on Nov. 9th
T (-) 11 1/2 days and counting.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Mines already paid for in full and I'll be picking it up at 12:01 am (the first minute
you can buy it) on Nov. 9th
T (-) 11 1/2 days and counting.
mines paid for also, and i had plans of picking it up at 1201... but now it seems im going to be in either GA or CO when it comes out. have to have someone else pick it up for me. and you can bet your ass im going to pay extra for the super duper over night express mail!!

Johnney said:
mines paid for also, and i had plans of picking it up at 1201... but now it seems im going to be in either GA or CO when it comes out. have to have someone else pick it up for me. and you can bet your ass im going to pay extra for the super duper over night express mail!!
HEEEEYYYY!!! I'm in CO, if you're around the Springs you can play it at my pad!!!

gop_jeff said:
Excellent! Halo2 party at my brother-in-law's house! 10 of us!
It's a great concept that I can actually support...
depending on how much it costs of course.
The disk is just downloaded to your hard drive, so if
the map pack is more than $30, I'll just go in with a few buds
and share the disk.Can't wait to have some new territory.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
It's a great concept that I can actually support...
depending on how much it costs of course.
The disk is just downloaded to your hard drive, so if
the map pack is more than $30, I'll just go in with a few buds
and share the disk.Can't wait to have some new territory.

I know... I still haven't completed the campaign, so I don't have Foundation yet, but man, is that a fun map for multiplayer!

Last month we had a tournament with ten of us. My bro-in-law developed a spreadsheet to determine handicaps, and it worked pretty well.

gop_jeff said:
I know... I still haven't completed the campaign, so I don't have Foundation yet, but man, is that a fun map for multiplayer!

Last month we had a tournament with ten of us. My bro-in-law developed a spreadsheet to determine handicaps, and it worked pretty well.
Handicaps huh...
Sounds like something me and my friends could get into.
Hell they might play against me more if we do that.
Think I could get more details on that???

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Handicaps huh...
Sounds like something me and my friends could get into.
Hell they might play against me more if we do that.
Think I could get more details on that???

On multiplayer, as soon as you enter the game, press start (I think) where you get the menu to leave the game, leave the forum, etc. On there, you have the option to set a handicap. There are three levels, mild, moderate, and severe. The handicaps both limit the damage your weapon causes and decreases your armor, making it harder for you to kill, and easier for you to be killed. Mild has a 25% effect (i.e. your armor and weapons are 25% less effective), moderate has a 50% effect, and severe has a 75% effect. It certainly takes some adjustment to play, but if people are handicapped the right way, it can make for some good games with both noobs and experienced players.

gop_jeff said:
On multiplayer, as soon as you enter the game, press start (I think) where you get the menu to leave the game, leave the forum, etc. On there, you have the option to set a handicap. There are three levels, mild, moderate, and severe. The handicaps both limit the damage your weapon causes and decreases your armor, making it harder for you to kill, and easier for you to be killed. Mild has a 25% effect (i.e. your armor and weapons are 25% less effective), moderate has a 50% effect, and severe has a 75% effect. It certainly takes some adjustment to play, but if people are handicapped the right way, it can make for some good games with both noobs and experienced players.
How did the whole spreadsheet process go down?
Just used to record or was there any calculation imbeded?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
How did the whole spreadsheet process go down?
Just used to record or was there any calculation imbeded?

There was calculations based on total kills, deaths, average life, etc. Not sure what the formulas were.

Johnney said:
anyone have a clan? im going to be getting back on with live here in the next few days.

My bro-in-law's buudy is in one. He likes it.

Funny story: my bro-in-law (Mike) is playing Halo2 on Xbox live, with the headset so he can talk. Some 14-year old punk is on there taunting him (Mike was only a level 2 or 3 at the time, since he hadn't gotten Xbox live until very recently). The 14-y/o says "I bet you've never even gotten a Kill-tacular!" To which Mike replies, "Yeah, but I bet you're not getting laid tonight!"

gop_jeff said:
My bro-in-law's buudy is in one. He likes it.

Funny story: my bro-in-law (Mike) is playing Halo2 on Xbox live, with the headset so he can talk. Some 14-year old punk is on there taunting him (Mike was only a level 2 or 3 at the time, since he hadn't gotten Xbox live until very recently). The 14-y/o says "I bet you've never even gotten a Kill-tacular!" To which Mike replies, "Yeah, but I bet you're not getting laid tonight!"
they are tough little bastards during a game...lol

had one kid yelling at me cause i was sniping on the offense. he kept bitching at me, so i changed to the shotgun and tagged him in the head. didnt ge to stay long in that game :asshole:

Johnney said:
they are tough little bastards during a game...lol

had one kid yelling at me cause i was sniping on the offense. he kept bitching at me, so i changed to the shotgun and tagged him in the head. didnt ge to stay long in that game :asshole:
I HATE THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before school you can get a good game in.
After that, they all start to leave the game when they aren't winning.

What's the funniest Xbox live username you've seen???
For me, was

Sloppymeatflap
and
InstantBoobies

Forum List

Back