I Can Prove That YOU Trust Your "Government".

Government is a tool of the people to organize society! Anti-government loserterians are at heart anti-civilization and all of its elements.

Unless you want to become a hunter gather, well, government is necessary.

Government is necessary to maintain the infrastructure required for an economy that includes air conditioning and ice cream.

I'm just glad I landed in one that I have a say in. :thup:

No it isn't. Prior to FDR industry maintained its own infrastructure.

Yeah? Tell that to the Rail Road Companies of the 19th Century and their army of lobbyists. :rolleyes:

Government is a tool of the people to organize society! Anti-government loserterians are at heart anti-civilization and all of its elements.

Government is necessary to maintain the infrastructure required for an economy that includes air conditioning and ice cream.

Yeah? Tell that to the Rail Road Companies of the 19th Century and their army of lobbyists. :rolleyes:

Or the dams, energy infrastructure or our highways. Federal taxes pays for a lot.

Remember before the federal government got into it, it wasn't easy to drive from one part of the country another...Our highway system is one of the best things thing that has ever happened to this country. Everyone and businesses can move to one part of the country to the next.

How would that prove that railroads aren't privately owned? Did government subsidize the transcontinentals? Yeah, and those railroads all went bankrupt and were mixed up in massive scandals. Good job, government!

Remember before the federal government got into it, it wasn't easy to drive from one part of the country another...Our highway system is one of the best things thing that has ever happened to this country. Everyone and businesses can move to one part of the country to the next.

The highway system put the passenger rail system out of business. Railroads didn't cost the taxpayers a cent. The highway system has cost trillions of dollars.

The highway system is one of the worst things that ever happened to this country.

Or the dams, energy infrastructure or our highways. Federal taxes pays for a lot.

That's a drop in the bucket. We all know that most government revenue is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If you can't trust the people making decisions on behalf of the profit driven corporations that you've assembled to harvest the resources, process and distribute those resources as wealth, and track the activity, the only other option is to trust the 'government' and the the people that You The People hire to regulate the profit driven corporations that you've assembled to harvest the resources, create and distribute wealth, and track the activity.

Government is a tool that We, The People use to ensure that all the fine print on all the paperwork generated by 21st Century life in America is reasonable and fair. It's effectiveness and efficiency is up to Us.

Do you read and understand all of the fine print on everything you sign, or do you trust your government?

:dunno:

You don't trust people who have to compete to get your business, you trust people who have no competition and a monopoly on guns to make your choices for you. Wow, a rocket scientist ... not.

Government makes things "reasonable and fair," :lmao: Yeah ...

If the government of the people, by the people and for the people is not making things fair and reasonable for people in the marketplace, who's fucking fault is that, People?

It's the people who think it's the job of the government or possible to make life "fair and reasonable" in anything.

Here's the 411, the government is made up of ... people. Shocking, isn't it? You give that them that power, they just want more power. It's what happens when people are not accountable. CEOs and businesses are accountable to the marketplace. That is unless government removes that accountability for $$$. Best thing you can do with government is keep it limited.

Here's the plan to keep CEOs in their place. They suck? Get off your lazy ass and walk across the street to their competitor. It's on you ...

I think that Wal-Mart ate the competitor, but I like the way that you're thinking!

And now Amazon has been beating WalMart. It's all competition. Government does nothing but make it worse

And whose fault is that in a democracy?

Even in a democracy that's prosecuted a bloody civil war against itself and then Gerrymandered itself in to a top-heavy republic that's being micro-managed from D.C. - it's ours.

And I disagree that government does nothing but make things worse. It may very well be far from perfect, but some of us are old enough to remember the path to poisoned that our environment was on in the 60's & 70's. Some of us are old enough to remember the path to poisoned that race relations were on in the 40's & 50's. A very few of us alive today were born before women had the right to vote.

Baby steps to the stars :thup:

What you call "baby steps" are actually giant lopes to disaster. It's hillarious that you think that people who have to compete can dictate while you write off other people who go for guns and obsession can be trusted. You see, you take a corporate CEO. Give them the power of guns to shut down their opposition. Let's call you "Hillary." And damn, you suddenly care about other people! No, she doesn't ...

If you can't trust the people making decisions on behalf of the profit driven corporations that you've assembled to harvest the resources, process and distribute those resources as wealth, and track the activity, the only other option is to trust the 'government' and the the people that You The People hire to regulate the profit driven corporations that you've assembled to harvest the resources, create and distribute wealth, and track the activity.

Government is a tool that We, The People use to ensure that all the fine print on all the paperwork generated by 21st Century life in America is reasonable and fair. It's effectiveness and efficiency is up to Us.

Do you read and understand all of the fine print on everything you sign, or do you trust your government?

But that's not the MOTIVATION of the Federal Agencies. Which BTW "WE" don't hire and even Congress can't control. The Dept of Agriculture is not there to RUN HERD on farmers or corporate food producers. They are there to PROMOTE AND ASSIST that industry. The Dept of Commerce acts almost SOLELY as a marketing/sales force for business. Not in a role of oversight.

There are CONFLICTS in their motivations. And there is no real incentive to take RESPONSIBILITY for their outcomes. There are many private orgs that far more beloved than their Fed counterparts. Enviros prefer the methods and results of the Nature Conservancy over the Forestry service orr the BLM. UnderWriter Labs (UL) does far more effficient and timely specification writing than the ENTIRE consumer safety section of the Fed govt.

You have a gross OVERexpection of Govt protection, efficiency, accountability, and excellence. Too often this monstrous Minion of Morons is tasked to very silly political notions that sway in the breeze with each new "takeover" by the other party. They BIAS research grants by funding the conclusions they want to hear.

There are virtually NO NUMBERS PRODUCED ANYWHERE in the govt that are truly useful or honest or accurate with a political translator.

I don't know what govt YOU are under. But the one I see --- is a whole 'nother animal..

Nahhh....

I have a gross over-expectation of The People.

And I'm still long in every market and betting the farm that Momma's little bastards will reach the stars.

You Kids ROCK :rock:

Hey Joe --- at the rate we're screwing up our world technology leadership, and the lowered expectations for the actual performance of consumer products and engineering. I doubt America will ever leave this planet again in any great fashion. And if we do -- it will be with 80% foreign material content.

We are NOT on top of things. And the Fed Govt ain't even got it's PANTS on yet. They are so behind 21st century technology and labor skills --- it just ain't funny anymore.

Folks are fighting over "starting" wages of $15/hr so that we can entice MORE 16 to 18 yr olds to drop out and start "working". When we should be talking about CAREERS and the multiple skills that employees SHOULD have these days.

There are a few bastions of competency in the Fed Govt. I've worked with some of them. Mostly in the Intel areas. But I also worked at Kennedy Space Center and WAS NOT impressed with the process, the determination, or the efficiency of the effort. The govt is NOT a vast repository of competence and knowledge. It is largely a contracting agency and a policy generation paper mill that seems to know no bounds on what they can meddle in.

Last edited:
I don't trust the government when Republicans are in charge. Look at the terrible damage they caused in the last 40 years. They have caused more damage than al Qaeda and Isis combined. And they know we can prove it.

But that's not the MOTIVATION of the Federal Agencies. Which BTW "WE" don't hire and even Congress can't control. The Dept of Agriculture is not there to RUN HERD on farmers or corporate food producers. They are there to PROMOTE AND ASSIST that industry. The Dept of Commerce acts almost SOLELY as a marketing/sales force for business. Not in a role of oversight.

There are CONFLICTS in their motivations. And there is no real incentive to take RESPONSIBILITY for their outcomes. There are many private orgs that far more beloved than their Fed counterparts. Enviros prefer the methods and results of the Nature Conservancy over the Forestry service orr the BLM. UnderWriter Labs (UL) does far more effficient and timely specification writing than the ENTIRE consumer safety section of the Fed govt.

You have a gross OVERexpection of Govt protection, efficiency, accountability, and excellence. Too often this monstrous Minion of Morons is tasked to very silly political notions that sway in the breeze with each new "takeover" by the other party. They BIAS research grants by funding the conclusions they want to hear.

There are virtually NO NUMBERS PRODUCED ANYWHERE in the govt that are truly useful or honest or accurate with a political translator.

I don't know what govt YOU are under. But the one I see --- is a whole 'nother animal..

Nahhh....

I have a gross over-expectation of The People.

And I'm still long in every market and betting the farm that Momma's little bastards will reach the stars.

You Kids ROCK :rock:

Hey Joe --- at the rate we're screwing up our world technology leadership, and the lowered expectations for the actual performance of consumer products and engineering. I doubt America will ever leave this planet again in any great fashion. And if we do -- it will be with 80% foreign material content.

We are NOT on top of things. And the Fed Govt ain't even got it's PANTS on yet. They are so behind 21st century technology and labor skills --- it just ain't funny anymore.

Folks are fighting over "starting" wages of $15/hr so that we can entice MORE 16 to 18 yr olds to drop out and start "working". When we should be talking about CAREERS and the multiple skills that employees SHOULD have these days.

There are a few bastions of competency in the Fed Govt. I've worked with some of them. Mostly in the Intel areas. But I also worked at Kennedy Space Center and WAS NOT impressed with the process, the determination, or the efficiency of the effort. The govt is NOT a vast repository of competence and knowledge. It is largely a contracting agency and a policy generation paper mill that seems to know no bounds on what they can meddle in.

Big picture over Time.

Considering the bump that The constitution suffered as a result of the compromise on slavery that led to our bloody civil war, and considering that the paperwork for that conflict didn't get completed until 1965, We The People is alive and getting stronger.

America has no problems that are unfixable.

Even in a democracy that's prosecuted a bloody civil war against itself and then Gerrymandered itself in to a top-heavy republic that's being micro-managed from D.C. - it's ours.

And I disagree that government does nothing but make things worse. It may very well be far from perfect, but some of us are old enough to remember the path to poisoned that our environment was on in the 60's & 70's. Some of us are old enough to remember the path to poisoned that race relations were on in the 40's & 50's. A very few of us alive today were born before women had the right to vote.

Baby steps to the stars :thup:
The problem with your baby steps is that you make it sound like all goodness comes from government. Like most libs you see government as god's representative on Earth. The fact is that laws change because of the will of the people. And very often what changes the will of the people is technology.

When machines were invented we didn't need slaves. It took longer in the south because farms aren't factory buildings and tractors had yet to be invented. When household appliances were invented women had a bunch more time to interact with society instead of working non stop to maintain a house.

Technology made it safer and more environmentally sound to manufacture products and dispose of byproducts. People didn't want their lakes and rivers polluted and laws were passed via government.

So people changed and government did the will of the people as they voted for reforms. The problem now is government has grown to such an extent it's become a self fulfilling entity that exist for government, growing and expanding like any business would if they had the power.

Liberals constantly frame the argument as an either/or scenario and it's dishonest. We need government to do our will. We do not need government to own us and shape our will.

Government is just one of the many tools Monkeys will employ in our quest for the stars. Monkey business is another. if we ever get to the point of deploying the correct tool for the job.... Fly Monkeys! Fly!

Forum List

Back