I can prove a God in some form exists using physics.

Everybody that doesn't believe in God raise your hand and keep it raised.
Everybody that does believe in God raise your hand and keep it raised.
Now that everybody has their hand raised, shut up for a minute and listen.
Believe what you wish to believe but quit pounding everybody who doesn't believe the same way that you believe. You have the right to peacefully believe what you wish to believe.
Now, go quietly and behave.

The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Bummer, Dog!

:popcorn:

Gawd works in mysterious ways.

aka magic.

The coolest thing about the bible and the story of Genesis (the account of how everything was created, or more specifically "formed") is that the six days of creation were not 24 hour days, like some people would like to assume they were.

There was no magic wand involved, I can assure you.

'ASSURE' me?

assure - Wiktionary

Really?!?

O.k., I'm ready. Assure me.

But all belief regarding the origin of life is faith based- So nobody can tell me I am wrong, either.

I know. That's why I said exactly that in my above post (albeit grammatically incorrectly).

Someone believing that the Big Bang happened without anyone there, or anything to actually cause it- is faith based, and illogical from my perspective.

You mean "in my opinion".

See- I am not concerned about where God came from, or if there is really only one God, or one universe, etc.. I am old enough to understand that those questions do not HAVE answers that can be proven scientifically.

You are right, it is outside of the scope of science to comment on the supernatural, period.

My post was only in debate to the concept of a Genesis "day" being a 24 hour period. I do not like to be described as a "christian apologetic". I have nothing to apologize for.

You misunderstand the term:

Christian apologetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My beliefs are that YES there is a God, or more than one, perhaps, but all in all that there is a superior being. Your belief is that there is no God. (and perhaps you believe in God because you need something tangible to believe in a diety, or maybe at some point, you "gave up" on God- because you were hearing too many negative things, or life wasn't going very well- I really don't know.. but I can relate to it, in any event.)

I believe in God. I am not an atheist.

So why debate this? Where is the discussion really going to go, for either of us? Nowhere fast.

I have not idea. My only point is not to co-mingle science and theology.

All I know is that no person, no matter how insane and delusional- could possibly "dream up" a God. Nobody could simply "dream up" ghosts (I don't believe in Ghosts, but the images of ghosts are real, I just believe that the images are not the equivalent to actual spirit people, and only a manifestation of Satan causing himself to look like a ghost, to try and deceive people into believing that something good happens after they die, thereby glorifying death, etc.. ).. Nobody could dream this shit up.

People "dream things up" all the time to explain things that there is no rational basis for. It's not exactly a logical leap for people thousands of years ago to attribute things they couldn't explain to a deity.

In fact, it would be strange if they didn't. Which is why every religion has their own version of the "creation" story.

But all belief regarding the origin of life is faith based- So nobody can tell me I am wrong, either.

Not really. If the concept of scientific theory is foreign to you-- ah, fuck it. You think your dog can get you pregnant; I'm not wasting time with you.

Forum List

Back