Atheism as religious doctrine

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
atheism is surely a doctrine or even a religion since atheist are convinced on non-existence of god.

what's the material proof of atheist in non-existence of god?
I remember that Einstein said "we can never prove that he doesn't exist!"

atheist fundamentalist like Dawkins have probably an answer.

cgr0496l.jpg

Einstein's letter: God and superstition | Science | The Guardian

An abridgement of the letter from Albert Einstein to Eric Gutkind from Princeton in January 1954, translated from German by Joan Stambaugh. It will be sold at Bloomsbury auctions on Thursday

... I read a great deal in the last days of your book, and thank you very much for sending it to me. What especially struck me about it was this. With regard to the factual attitude to life and to the human community we have a great deal in common.

... The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.

---------------------

I've heard the right attempt to somehow connect Einstien to "superstition" and the "occult", but they should just give up. He thought religion was "childish" and "primative".

Atheism ISN'T a religion. It is simply a "lack of belief" in anything remotely related to "magic". Ghosts, holy or friendly, simply don't exist. It's not a belief. It's a refusal to give credence to such nonsense.

I like how the right will point out this evil historical figure was atheist and so what that one, so they must share atheism. Somehow it's all connected.

It's like saying Hitler didn't have a brown dog and Stalin didn't have a brown dog and that guy over there doesn't have a brown dog, they must share evil traits.

It's the dumbest of dumb arguments.

Forum List

Back