"I believe we can be better"

I think its a good idea to try and make our discussions worthy of the little girl who died that day.

She had great hope in our poltical process and believed this country was great.

In her honor can we try to make our process and discussion a litle closer to what this little girl believed it was?

You mean by silencing dissent? By censoring political debate and conversation? Or rather I should say by demonizing the right for something they did not do?

No. Dissent is imperative.

But dissent is not saying "he is a marxist"....or "she wants us to target and kill the opposition"

How do you know that will happen?

Are you not willing to give it a chance and find out?

I am. Lets see what happens. I am optimistic.

How cool JH, i really think the American people have just had their fill of this silly stuff.

Its time to come together and talk like people who can solve things instead merely talking like people who can insult.

I am too optimistic.

I think this country is ready now to move forward.

It starts with the people TM...and perhaps our elected reps will follow our lead.
I am willing to call out any of our reps...GOP, DEM or IND that continue with the crap.
Are you?
Likewise, I will call out anyone on here or in my circles...DEM, REP or IND when they do it....
Will you?

Hell yes I will call out any stripe who does it.

I think we can ask the people here to try but calling out them wont help.

They will have to come to this place in their own hearts.

Some will do it gladly others sadly will never come to that place in their hearts,

We can not let that stop us that find that place inour hearts.

How cool JH, i really think the American people have just had their fill of this silly stuff.

Its time to come together and talk like people who can solve things instead merely talking like people who can insult.

I am too optimistic.

It starts with the people TM...and perhaps our elected reps will follow our lead.
I am willing to call out any of our reps...GOP, DEM or IND that continue with the crap.
Are you?
Likewise, I will call out anyone on here or in my circles...DEM, REP or IND when they do it....
Will you?

Some will do it gladly others sadly will never come to that place in their hearts,

Calling them out refers to letting them know their vile words are not helpoing matters.....even if they are agreeing with whatever it is you posted.

As I am doing in this thread.

Are you?
Will you?

Calling them out refers to letting them know their vile words are not helpoing matters.....even if they are agreeing with whatever it is you posted.

As I am doing in this thread.

Serfdom is more vile than words.

Democrats have to be crushed.

I am too optimistic.

Are you?
Will you?

Except your entire premise that Sarah Palin or the right caused this is patently FALSE. He did not listen to talk radio, he did not watch TV. He hated this woman since 2007, long before Sarah Palin was ever on National Stage and before the supposed Rightwing Vitriol. Admit you are wrong and move on.

For example TM...do you beleive it helped when VaYank threw in the line "Sure beats "Don't retreat, reload" in my book, any day"?

I see it as hurting and warranted my pointing that out in a civil way as I did.

Just as I did the same with sopme of the things Revere said.

Are you willing to do the same to those on your side of the aisle?

"I believe we can be better," Obama said to a capacity crowd at the University of Arizona basketball arena — and to countless others watching across America. "Those who died here, those who saved lives here — they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us."

Sure beats "Don't retreat, reload" in my book, any day.

Obama to Americans: 'We can be better' - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Yeah, and ditto Barry's remarks about bringing a gun to the fight if the other guy brought a knife.

The Fairness Doctrine is where all this is going.

The President is calling on all people to shut down the only people accurately reporting on the politicians, talk radio.

I see nothing vile in the talk radio free speech. Yet that is how its portrayed, as racist, evil, hate, inciting murder. Now the Marxist President has the whole nation toning down, being civil.

Thank Marx for Obama, we can finally be civil, we can thrive, together.

Only thing left, shutdown the free speech on talk radio, describe it as hate where ever people can read or hear about politics. Right here on USMB the drumbeat is loud. Hate the Conservatives, Hate talk radio, they are racist, they are bigots, they incite riots.

Now its time to shut us up, now its time to kill the messenger, now its time to destroy the only source for political news, Conservative talk radio.

I learn so much from Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh. Between two shows I get the news from everything that is relevant in the New York times to what is on CNN to Fox, I find out what the politicians are doing, what they are saying, and an analysis as to why the politicians say and do what they do. Far from hate, if you love your country as I do, I find a bit of hope.

Everyone should listen to Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh. I see nothing that is as important.

Could that be the only reason there is so much liars shoveling the Rhetoric out and now they call for civility.

Crocodile tears for the dead.

We can do much better, lets kick the bum out of the White House and all the incumbents out of Congress.

You prefer a one party system?

I dont.

I prefer Democrats as the minority party.

So do I.
That does not require crushing them at the polls.
It requires our reps presenting their ideas in a civil manner and not simply blasting the other sides ideas.

They won't surrender that tactic, why should we?

A Democrat was publicly ripping Boehner just last night for not accepting Obama's invitation to fly on Air Force One.

Fuck them all.

The endgame is, they lose. The bigger they lose, the better.

I prefer Democrats as the minority party.

So do I.
It requires our reps presenting their ideas in a civil manner and not simply blasting the other sides ideas.

A Democrat was publicly ripping Boehner just last night for not accepting Obama's invitation to fly on Air Force One.

Fuck them all.

I heard nothing about that.
But assuming it is true?

Boehner acted like a child and the democrat should have let it alone and looked equally as bad.

Time to get rid of them all is the way I see it.

The speaker of the house should NEVER turn down an opportunity for time with the President.

Boehner did not serve the people by turning down the "ride"....he served his own agenda.

So do I.

Fuck them all.

But assuming it is true?

Boehner acted like a child and the democrat should have let it alone and looked equally as bad.

Is that the new civil tone? "Boehner acted like a child?"

Why didn't the Democrat flack leave it alone?

I'll tell you why. Democrats have no intention of forging a new "civil tone."

John Boehner turns down Air Force One ride to Tucson - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

“It is disrespectful for Speaker Boehner to skip joining the President’s and bipartisan congressional delegation to the Tucson Memorial so he could host a Washington D.C. cocktail party for RNC members,” said a Democratic leadership aide, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Read more: John Boehner turns down Air Force One ride to Tucson - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

The nutless wonder would not even let his name be used.

Fuck them all.

But assuming it is true?

John Boehner turns down Air Force One ride to Tucson - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

“It is disrespectful for Speaker Boehner to skip joining the President’s and bipartisan congressional delegation to the Tucson Memorial so he could host a Washington D.C. cocktail party for RNC members,” said a Democratic leadership aide, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Read more: John Boehner turns down Air Force One ride to Tucson - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

The new tone I am referring to is NOT spinning the other sides ideas to make them look foolish.

But if a rep acts childish, I will call it out.
Grayson acted like a child.
Boehner turning down private time with the President? Really? Exactly how does that help the country? He acxted like a child and as a taxpayer, I will call him out for it.
We PAY HIM to be the number 3.....and as the number 3 you should want to be near the number 1 as often as possible.

But assuming it is true?

The new tone I am referring to is NOT spinning the other sides ideas to make them look foolish.

Boehner turning down private time with the President? Really? Exactly how does that help the country? He acxted like a child and as a taxpayer, I will call him out for it.
We PAY HIM to be the number 3.....and as the number 3 you should want to be near the number 1 as often as possible.

Rules for "tone" in politics are bullshit.

Grow up.

Rules for "tone" are bullshit.

Grow up.

Your need to question my maturity is interesting.

Do you feel that the use of the term death panels helped matter? Do you feel the democrats attacking Palin for using the term death panels helped with the actual debate regarding edn of life decisions?

Do you feel that we, the people, were properly served by our reps as they continually attacked each other with spin?

I am not a dreamer. I am a realist but I am finding that reality is by no means allowing the majority of the electorate understand the truth about legislation.

SO I am going to push for less spin and more, open civil debate.

Whats wrong with that?

You are aware that, way back when Sarah started using that catchphrase, she explained it, right? She said 'reload' meant at the ballot box. You can continue lying about Palin, but that makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution that the President talked about.

You too, have missed my point. Your partisan eyes will not allow you to see beyond your own hatred.

You see 'partisan', others see a point. Which you miss. Because you're too partisan to see it.

Forum List

Back