"I believe we can be better"

Right after we find some "asses to kick", right? :eusa_whistle::rolleyes:

Sanctimony, thy name is Barry Sotero.

The point, asshole, that you obviously missed, is that if there was a time to tone down the rhetoric, (regardless of whether or not it played a role in the killings), I believe and Obama believes that time is now. Meanwhile, you have Sarah Palin "sticking to her guns" and bitching and moaning and whining.....she looks SO Presidential these days, doesn't she?

If you were falsely accused as being the reason that six people died wouldn't you bitch moan and whine?

I would deny it...ask that to produce proof...and then leave the ball in their court and move on.

yeah, tone it down until a Republican is elected President..until then, sit the hell down and shut up..:lol:

How do you know that will happen?

Are you not willing to give it a chance and find out?

I am. Lets see what happens. I am optimistic.

How cool JH, i really think the American people have just had their fill of this silly stuff.

Its time to come together and talk like people who can solve things instead merely talking like people who can insult.

I am too optimistic.

I think this country is ready now to move forward.

yeah, tone it down until a Republican is elected President..until then, sit the hell down and shut up..:lol:

Let's defeat as many Democrats as we can first.

I agree.
But lets d0o it based on ideas and not based on a "they suck" platform

How cool JH, i really think the American people have just had their fill of this silly stuff.

Its time to come together and talk like people who can solve things instead merely talking like people who can insult.

I am too optimistic.

Only if Democrats are crushed at the ballot.

I am too optimistic.

It starts with the people TM...and perhaps our elected reps will follow our lead.
I am willing to call out any of our reps...GOP, DEM or IND that continue with the crap.
Are you?
Likewise, I will call out anyone on here or in my circles...DEM, REP or IND when they do it....
Will you?

I am too optimistic.

Only if Democrats are crushed at the ballot.

Not helping matters. There will never be two houses of ALL GOP...and if there were, then we are in bigger trouble than ever as the two party sytem will have collapsed.

So that being said, are you willing to see if the GOP AND the DEMS are willing to debate civilly and not assume one party will not?

I am.

I am too optimistic.

It starts with the people TM...and perhaps our elected reps will follow our lead.
I am willing to call out any of our reps...GOP, DEM or IND that continue with the crap.
Are you?
Likewise, I will call out anyone on here or in my circles...DEM, REP or IND when they do it....
Will you?

TM doesn't want a civil tone if it means Republicans keep getting elected.

Don't be a sucker.

I am too optimistic.

Are you?
Will you?

Don't be a sucker.

I am not a sucker as what TM decides to do is not going to affect what I do.
But I know in the past I have corrected things I have done wrong and I dont see why others cant as well.
Lets see what happens.
Something about last nights speech gave me reason to be optimistic.
And it is not often that I am moved as I was last night.

I am too optimistic.

Move forward and do what exactly? Please give us specifics and not just "feel good" phrases.

Are you?
Will you?

Don't be a sucker.

I am not a sucker as what TM decides to do is not going to affect what I do.
But I know in the past I have corrected things I have done wrong and I dont see why others cant as well.
Lets see what happens.
Something about last nights speech gave me reason to be optimistic.
And it is not often that I am moved as I was last night.

I'm only optimistic if Democrats are defeated at every opportunity.

I'm not interested in changing the message that crushed them in November.

I think its a good idea to try and make our discussions worthy of the little girl who died that day.

She had great hope in our poltical process and believed this country was great.

In her honor can we try to make our process and discussion a litle closer to what this little girl believed it was?

You mean by silencing dissent? By censoring political debate and conversation? Or rather I should say by demonizing the right for something they did not do?

I am too optimistic.

Move forward and do what exactly? Please give us specifics and not just "feel good" phrases.

Move forward = let Democrats start winning and advancing their agenda again.

Fuck that noise.

work together to solve our problems instead of just trying to make each other lose elections secondary to what the nations needs done

Reminds me of something I saw yesterday:

This "Conversation" Is a Set-Up

Political rhetoric is not the problem.

No doubt some of you are upset by the hysterical politicization of the murders in Tucson, Ariz. Be heartened that a new CBS poll found that 57 percent of respondents believed the political tone in the nation had nothing to do with this particular madman's rampage.

Regrettably, though, there is another, seemingly innocuous "national conversation" we're about to engage in that's also based on canards meant to chill speech.

It starts with incessant hand-wringing about an imagined lack of civility in society—flaring up, as luck would have it, whenever the most recent person you voted for happens to be elected.

<snip>

This leaves the person with two choices: Revise your viewpoint, or shut up. Which, of course, is the point.

This "Conversation" Is a Set-Up - Reason Magazine

I am too optimistic.

Both passionate people about political issues AND our elected reps intentionally spin to make the other ideas look bad.

If we stop that and open our minds to ideas from the other side of the aisle, we may actually come up with some pretty sound decisions.

For example...if the term "death panels" was not used and instead the term "end of life decisioons" was used...and the left did not play on "death panels" and instead discussed the "end of life decisions"...it would have been a valid debate and one that the people can offer valid input..

Instead, the right used a scare tactic, and the left debated the use of scare tactics as opposed to the truth about the need for end of life decisions...

Reminds me of something I saw yesterday:

This "Conversation" Is a Set-Up

Political rhetoric is not the problem.

No doubt some of you are upset by the hysterical politicization of the murders in Tucson, Ariz. Be heartened that a new CBS poll found that 57 percent of respondents believed the political tone in the nation had nothing to do with this particular madman's rampage.

Regrettably, though, there is another, seemingly innocuous "national conversation" we're about to engage in that's also based on canards meant to chill speech.

It starts with incessant hand-wringing about an imagined lack of civility in society—flaring up, as luck would have it, whenever the most recent person you voted for happens to be elected.

<snip>

This leaves the person with two choices: Revise your viewpoint, or shut up. Which, of course, is the point.

This "Conversation" Is a Set-Up - Reason Magazine

Excellent. This sees right through this bullshit.

Forum List

Back