"I believe we can be better"

I think it's interesting and a bit disappointing that many of those who are expecting us to praise the President's speech as a great moment of healing of our bipartisan divide are using this to tell us how this makes the President superior to his political opponents.

It's like the very message they want us to embrace and praise President Obama for isnt meant for them. Just their opponents.

Like I said, It's disappointing.

I think it's interesting and a bit disappointing that many of those who are expecting us to praise the President's speech as a great moment of healing of our bipartisan divide are using this to tell us how this makes the President superior to his political opponents.

It's like the very message they want us to embrace and praise President Obama for isnt meant for them. Just their opponents.

Like I said, It's disappointing.

I have made it clear that I see this make him an excellent head of state...not a superior politician.

That being said, I despise his political/legislative agenda.

But I admire his actions as head of State last night...and the time has come for botht eh Dem and GOP start to debate with less spin, more civility and more honesty.

And you know this how?...
I am willing to wager a large sum of money that this little girl was a typical child who enjoyed playing with her friends, had a favorite teacher and did her chores.
Please, she was nine years old. Do you really think this little girl had any awareness of the political process?

How about a group hug......Sheesh.

We know this because their are news stories of Obama praising the girl and telling us to follow her ideology, she came to the event because a coach from school took her (I think from school), she was elected to an office in her class and someone decided to take her to a political event. Sad, my kids are young, too young for politics, when my oldest turned 9 the last thing that came to my mind was taking her to political events let alone allow another. It sounds like the parents were not with their child, what a tragedy.

Hopefully Obama will tell us to rally behind the girl and her democrat ideals, actually he already has.

Nice job of protecting the citizens that congress does.
Blame it on a teacher? Or going to a political event so she deserves it?
Sheesh.
Hate and fearmongering apoligists suck.

Yes, hate and fear-mongering does suck, so do people who attempt to distort a post into what its not.

I did not blame it on a teacher, we asked the question of how the 9 year old girl was at this event, i found the answer and posted it.

There should of been a bit more fear-mongering before the event. In hindsight the parents should of said no, my child is too young. Were they even there, the story seems to say no. Sometimes kids are just too young. My kids love Futebol. Think I will take them to a soccer game here in Brazil. They want bicycles, think I am going to by one and let them ride on the sidewalk here in Brazil.

Congress takes an oath to protect the public, they sit in Congress and pass laws to protect us, they have dozens of security agencies to protect us. We have suffered attacks of terrorism on our soil, most recently the Ft. Hood shooting. What in the hell is congress doing. Gifford failed to protect herself and Gifford failed to protect a child.

I am not going to compromise and be politically correct, I am not going to meet you in the middle so we can cry on one another shoulders.

After all the shootings and crime and terrorism our government proves over and over they do not have the imagination nor intelligence to protect us.

This could of just as easily been a biological attack, a WMD attack, it could of been ten terrorist.

hate and fear mongering, we should have fear, look who is protecting us.

A bunch of know nothing clowns.

I hope we address how Gifford failed us, if we do not, we have learned nothing. Oh wait, i have to be politically correct, poor Gifford, we can only blame the murderer. We can never blame a politician, that is partisan rhetoric.

Good bye free speech.

I liked obama's speech.

However, you are taking Sara Palin's quote out of context somewhat...you act like she was telling people to shoot at people or something when anyone using common sense knows she was putting a twist on the saying "If at first you don't succeed, try again"

Why don't you take obama's own advice from his speech last night and stop trying to incite people against sara palin?

Your original post in this thread is very hypocritical due to how you tried to do to Sara Palin exactly what Obama was asking us not to do.

That would mean giving up an obsession.

Your attempt to minimize Palin's gun violence rhetoric by saying everyone is obsessed is deplorable. Her, Beck, Limbaugh, Bachman, Malkin and Gabby's opponent who used this strategy in campaigns all over America need to apologize for their part in this tragedy. All I heard were excuses from her and an attempt to send yet another message that Democrats are trying to take away freedoms. This strategy has an ick factor at this particular time.

Not that even one of them have any influence over anyone but those who can't think for themselves.

The only person that needs to apologize is Gifford, it was her job to protect us. Gifford failed in her first responsibility.

The speaker of the house should NEVER turn down an opportunity for time with the President.

Boehner did not serve the people by turning down the "ride"....he served his own agenda.

Boehner should never turn down a ride with the President. I am glad he did, remember we are a bunch of far right wing nuts, it would be dangerous to be around the President, Boehner knows this because he is one of our leaders.

So do I.
That does not require crushing them at the polls.
It requires our reps presenting their ideas in a civil manner and not simply blasting the other sides ideas.

They won't surrender that tactic, why should we?

A Democrat was publicly ripping Boehner just last night for not accepting Obama's invitation to fly on Air Force One.

Fuck them all.

The endgame is, they lose. The bigger they lose, the better.
I heard nothing about that.
But assuming it is true?

Boehner acted like a child and the democrat should have let it alone and looked equally as bad.

Time to get rid of them all is the way I see it.

He acted like a child. Do not tell me, your pro-abortion so that you think its an insult to be called a child. What did children ever do to you that you find its appropriate to compare people to children as an insult.

I love children and the only bad children are the products of bad parents, he acted like a child, I guess that depends if the child is democrat or republican.

I liked obama's speech.

However, you are taking Sara Palin's quote out of context somewhat...you act like she was telling people to shoot at people or something when anyone using common sense knows she was putting a twist on the saying "If at first you don't succeed, try again"

Why don't you take obama's own advice from his speech last night and stop trying to incite people against sara palin?

Your original post in this thread is very hypocritical due to how you tried to do to Sara Palin exactly what Obama was asking us not to do.

Your attempt to minimize Palin's gun violence rhetoric by saying everyone is obsessed is deplorable. Her, Beck, Limbaugh, Bachman, Malkin and Gabby's opponent who used this strategy in campaigns all over America need to apologize for their part in this tragedy. All I heard were excuses from her and an attempt to send yet another message that Democrats are trying to take away freedoms. This strategy has an ick factor at this particular time.

Not that even one of them have any influence over anyone but those who can't think for themselves.

You taking those comments as gun violence rhetoric is asinine. Get a grip on reality would ya? And the fact that politicians, and people like you, are using this tragedy to try and pass laws restricting speech or our 2nd ammendment rights has a way bigger ICK factor than anything I have typed.

Hell do you want me to put up quotes of obama such as him telling his supporters to get up in people's faces and the resulting behavior?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxHjjJK3BUk[/ame]

Oh and for those of you blaming talk radio skip up to about 30 seconds into the video for some disturbing truth

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KuWCJIjbbk[/ame]

Oh he was upset with the congresswoman BEFORE the tea parties

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GFKJEnB75E[/ame]

And dont look into the shooter deeper or you may be disturbed by his love of communism and nazi writings.

Idiots trying to blame talk radio or anyone besides the moron shooter for what the shooter did....its so transparant why people are placing the blame elsewhere.

I liked obama's speech.

Your entire post is an "ick" factor.
No one ,not even the farthest lefties in the MSM can make the connection you mentioned above.
The shooter had a copy of the Communist Manifesto in his home for Christ's sake.
We're no going to allow sloppy and lazy reporting by the media now will we permit posters like you to accuse us of creating the shooter in Tuscon.
Your post here indicates that is is YOU who cannot think for yourself. You allowed the sensationalized and sloppy reporting of the MSM to rile you up.

"I believe we can be better," Obama said to a capacity crowd at the University of Arizona basketball arena — and to countless others watching across America. "Those who died here, those who saved lives here — they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us."
Sure beats "Don't retreat, reload" in my book, any day.

Obama to Americans: 'We can be better' - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
Define what "Better" will be.
Better for US or better for Government?

Forum List

Back