Gun Sales Rise As American's Show Their Disgust With US Politicians

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
Gun sales rising in Arizona

Safety fears in US state where congresswoman got shot apparently driving people to purchase firearms.

The deadly shooting in Tucson has put a spotlight on gun control in the US once again as data show a rise in gun sales in Arizone over the past year.

On January 10, two days after the rampage that left six dead and a US congresswoman severely injured, data from the FBI indicated that firearm sales in the state rose 60 per cent, compared to the same day a year ago.

The data also showed an increase of five per cent in national gun sales.

The Arizona state legislature passed a law in 2010 that made it one of six states in the nation where people are allowed to carry concealed firearms.

Several people in Arizona told Al Jazeera's Franc Contreras that the concern for safety is what is prompting so many people across the nation to purchase firearms for protection.

Watch Video:
Gun sales rising in Arizona - Americas - Al Jazeera English

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone blame Americans for "arming up" to take on the evilones that have been allowed to roam the streets of America under the protection of US politicians?

Sales are way up here in Ohio, too. I think a lot of people have the fantasy that if they had only been there, and been armed, they could have saved lives.

People always say things like that but the truth is nobody knows for sure what they would do in that kind of situation.

Sales are way up here in Ohio, too. I think a lot of people have the fantasy that if they had only been there, and been armed, they could have saved lives.

People always say things like that but the truth is nobody knows for sure what they would do in that kind of situation.

Remember the shooting in the cafeteria in Texas, many years ago? Same fantasy. "If only I had had a gun."

It's understandable.

Safety fears in US state where congresswoman got shot apparently driving people to purchase firearms.

The deadly shooting in Tucson has put a spotlight on gun control in the US once again as data show a rise in gun sales in Arizone over the past year.

On January 10, two days after the rampage that left six dead and a US congresswoman severely injured, data from the FBI indicated that firearm sales in the state rose 60 per cent, compared to the same day a year ago.

The Arizona state legislature passed a law in 2010 that made it one of six states in the nation where people are allowed to carry concealed firearms.

Several people in Arizona told Al Jazeera's Franc Contreras that the concern for safety is what is prompting so many people across the nation to purchase firearms for protection.

Watch Video:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone blame Americans for "arming up" to take on the evilones that have been allowed to roam the streets of America under the protection of US politicians?

all this means is that many who are marginal on being able to legally buying a gun are getting them because they are afraid the loopholes will close up after this tragedy.

Watch Video:

I think the reason gun sales increased is because of the fear those ppl had that their right to own a gun, may be taken away....

Subsequent to my brief military career I had never even thought about owning a firearm. Not for any other reasdon than it never crossed my mind.

As the rhetoric picked up regarding firearm reform, my wife and I decided it best to apply for a license and purchase one...and I have since taught her all there is to know about firearm safty and use.

I have no doubt that any changes in gun laws, including abolishment of gun sales, will incluide a grandfather clause.

I believe this sentiment is the real reason for the dramatic increase in firearm sales.

And Illinois politicians are trying to get rid of the death penalty. Why don't they try and stop the gang bangers from administering it first before they take it away from honest Americans?

Watch Video:

I think the reason gun sales increased is because of the fear those ppl had that their right to own a gun, may be taken away....

Bingo!

I expect that if everyone there had been armed a few more innocents would have been killed by their "rescuers".

Shots fired confusion, lots of guns come out and who was the origional shooter?
That guy there waving a gun around or one of the other 25?
Who to shoot? Must shoot someone.

I expect that if everyone there had been armed a few more innocents would have been killed by their "rescuers".

Shots fired confusion, lots of guns come out and who was the origional shooter?
That guy there waving a gun around or one of the other 25?
Who to shoot? Must shoot someone.

Who to shoot? Why, shoot the Mexicans of course!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMxGFco57Y[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back