"I believe we can be better"

You are aware that, way back when Sarah started using that catchphrase, she explained it, right? She said 'reload' meant at the ballot box. You can continue lying about Palin, but that makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution that the President talked about.

You too, have missed my point. Your partisan eyes will not allow you to see beyond your own hatred.

Your point seems lost because you had to add: "Sure beats 'Don't retreat, reload'" in reference to Palin some months ago (before this tragedy). What the President said was spot on and the right thing to say. To me, you have proven that your sentence I bolded above seems to apply to you.

I think its a good idea to try and make our discussions worthy of the little girl who died that day.

She had great hope in our poltical process and believed this country was great.

In her honor can we try to make our process and discussion a litle closer to what this little girl believed it was?
And you know this how?...
I am willing to wager a large sum of money that this little girl was a typical child who enjoyed playing with her friends, had a favorite teacher and did her chores.
Please, she was nine years old. Do you really think this little girl had any awareness of the political process?

How about a group hug......Sheesh.

We can do better, they admit they have completely failed thus far, so what can they do better at, health reform has failed, its a bigger mess than it ever was. The Energy policy is driving up the costs of all Energy, the USA's credit rating is in the dump, they spent trillions of dollars and the economy is still going down. The only jobs they want is new jobs as in jobs that have never existed, all the old jobs are never coming back, Obama's own words.

We can do better during the next election, a new Senate, a new President. Maybe its time to have a woman as president. Someone who does not have a proven track record of corruption like Clinton.

We can do better, us far right Conservatives are doing better, we just woke up and joined the election, you saw the results.

"I believe we can be better," Obama said to a capacity crowd at the University of Arizona basketball arena — and to countless others watching across America. "Those who died here, those who saved lives here — they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us."

Sure beats "Don't retreat, reload" in my book, any day.

Obama to Americans: 'We can be better' - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

I liked obama's speech.

However, you are taking Sara Palin's quote out of context somewhat...you act like she was telling people to shoot at people or something when anyone using common sense knows she was putting a twist on the saying "If at first you don't succeed, try again"

Why don't you take obama's own advice from his speech last night and stop trying to incite people against sara palin?

Your original post in this thread is very hypocritical due to how you tried to do to Sara Palin exactly what Obama was asking us not to do.

Right after we find some "asses to kick", right? :eusa_whistle::rolleyes:

Sanctimony, thy name is Barry Sotero.

The point, asshole, that you obviously missed, is that if there was a time to tone down the rhetoric, (regardless of whether or not it played a role in the killings), I believe and Obama believes that time is now. Meanwhile, you have Sarah Palin "sticking to her guns" and bitching and moaning and whining.....she looks SO Presidential these days, doesn't she?

BINGO!!! Busted again!!! Because the other poster called out Obama on quote about kicking asses, you decided to expose your talons and go on the attack.
How typical you libs are in defending the indefensible.
Your credibility just went to the landfill.

The point, asshole, that you obviously missed, is that if there was a time to tone down the rhetoric, (regardless of whether or not it played a role in the killings), I believe and Obama believes that time is now. Meanwhile, you have Sarah Palin "sticking to her guns" and bitching and moaning and whining.....she looks SO Presidential these days, doesn't she?

Politicians and pundits tone down rhetoric ? Not a chance. It's how they make a living. How about people get honest and admit that they know full well that "sticking to you guns" does NOT mean applying Elmers to one's body and lying on a musket.

"I believe we can be better," Obama said to a capacity crowd at the University of Arizona basketball arena — and to countless others watching across America. "Those who died here, those who saved lives here — they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us."

I liked obama's speech.

However, you are taking Sara Palin's quote out of context somewhat...you act like she was telling people to shoot at people or something when anyone using common sense knows she was putting a twist on the saying "If at first you don't succeed, try again"

Why don't you take obama's own advice from his speech last night and stop trying to incite people against sara palin?

Your original post in this thread is very hypocritical due to how you tried to do to Sara Palin exactly what Obama was asking us not to do.

That would mean giving up an obsession.

How do you know that will happen?

Are you not willing to give it a chance and find out?

I am. Lets see what happens. I am optimistic.

Let's defeat as many Democrats as we can first.

I agree.
But lets d0o it based on ideas and not based on a "they suck" platform
You're kidding, yes?
Each election cycle liberal candidates adverstise what they oppose. Never what they support. If they did, they'd never win an election.
I do not know many people who'd vote for a candidate who wanted to raise taxes, introduce more political correctness, believed in the "greater good", who supported the redistribution of wealth, etc.
have any idea how many liberal tricks have been attempted in the name of "the greater good"?
One thng comes to mind was the debacle in Connecticut where a city attempted to confiscate property without due process or just compensation. This was being done for "the greater good"....
Yes local politicians rammed through an ordinance that in effect gave themselves the authority to take property THEY deemed blighted and then offer that property to private enterprise as a means to improve a certain area of the city. No compensation was offered except assistance in relocating the property owner and his/her belongings..
Greater good. Yeah bend over and grab your ankles.

I think its a good idea to try and make our discussions worthy of the little girl who died that day.

In her honor can we try to make our process and discussion a litle closer to what this little girl believed it was?
I am willing to wager a large sum of money that this little girl was a typical child who enjoyed playing with her friends, had a favorite teacher and did her chores.
Please, she was nine years old. Do you really think this little girl had any awareness of the political process?

We know this because their are news stories of Obama praising the girl and telling us to follow her ideology, she came to the event because a coach from school took her (I think from school), she was elected to an office in her class and someone decided to take her to a political event. Sad, my kids are young, too young for politics, when my oldest turned 9 the last thing that came to my mine was taking her to political events let alone allow another. It sounds like the parents were not with their child, what a tragedy.

Hopefully Obama will tell us to rally behind the girl and her democrat ideals, actually he already has.

Nice job of protecting the citizens that congress does.

We know this because their are news stories of Obama praising the girl and telling us to follow her ideology, she came to the event because a coach from school took her (I think from school), she was elected to an office in her class and someone decided to take her to a political event. Sad, my kids are young, too young for politics, when my oldest turned 9 the last thing that came to my mine was taking her to political events let alone allow another. It sounds like the parents were not with their child, what a tragedy.

Hopefully Obama will tell us to rally behind the girl and her democrat ideals, actually he already has.

Nice job of protecting the citizens that congress does.
Blame it on a teacher? Or going to a political event so she deserves it?
Sheesh.
Hate and fearmongering apoligists suck.

Let's defeat as many Democrats as we can first.

I agree.
But lets d0o it based on ideas and not based on a "they suck" platform
You're kidding, yes?
Each election cycle liberal candidates adverstise what they oppose. Never what they support. If they did, they'd never win an election.
I do not know many people who'd vote for a candidate who wanted to raise taxes, introduce more political correctness, believed in the "greater good", who supported the redistribution of wealth, etc.
have any idea how many liberal tricks have been attempted in the name of "the greater good"?
One thng comes to mind was the debacle in Connecticut where a city attempted to confiscate property without due process or just compensation. This was being done for "the greater good"....
Yes local politicians rammed through an ordinance that in effect gave themselves the authority to take property THEY deemed blighted and then offer that property to private enterprise as a means to improve a certain area of the city. No compensation was offered except assistance in relocating the property owner and his/her belongings..
Greater good. Yeah bend over and grab your ankles.

Not sure where I said it was done correctly in the past. I doubt I ever said it. I simply said it would be the best way to do it moving forward.

It's amazing... Obama made it non political but the (R)etar(D)s on the net managed to make it nothing but political.

Fail on both sides in this thread IMO.

Last edited:

Politicians and pundits tone down rhetoric ? Not a chance. It's how they make a living. How about people get honest and admit that they know full well that "sticking to you guns" does NOT mean applying Elmers to one's body and lying on a musket.

:clap2:

You are aware that, way back when Sarah started using that catchphrase, she explained it, right? She said 'reload' meant at the ballot box. You can continue lying about Palin, but that makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution that the President talked about.

You too, have missed my point. Your partisan eyes will not allow you to see beyond your own hatred.

and they never will

I fear that the extremist hate mongers on BOTH SIDES (left and right) will NEVER stop hating

It is a good sentiment. Its disappointing that this sentiment is completely foreign to other things the President has said far worse than tellling people to reload.

I liked obama's speech.

Your attempt to minimize Palin's gun violence rhetoric by saying everyone is obsessed is deplorable. Her, Beck, Limbaugh, Bachman, Malkin and Gabby's opponent who used this strategy in campaigns all over America need to apologize for their part in this tragedy. All I heard were excuses from her and an attempt to send yet another message that Democrats are trying to take away freedoms. This strategy has an ick factor at this particular time.

Not that even one of them have any influence over anyone but those who can't think for themselves.

I liked obama's speech.

Your attempt to minimize Palin's gun violence rhetoric by saying everyone is obsessed is deplorable. Her, Beck, Limbaugh, Bachman, Malkin and Gabby's opponent who used this strategy in campaigns all over America need to apologize for their part in this tragedy. All I heard were excuses from her and an attempt to send yet another message that Democrats are trying to take away freedoms. This strategy has an ick factor at this particular time.

Not that even one of them have any influence over anyone but those who can't think for themselves.

Apologize, my ass. The guy who shot her and 20 other people has no connection to any of those commentators.

Forum List

Back